By ifeoma Ikem
Association of Professional Chefs Nigeria and Nestlé Nigeria Plc,trained no fewer than 10 public schools children in Ogun state primary school.
The event was held at the Nestlé’s Flowergate Factory, Sagamu.to mark 2019 international chef Day .
The International Chefs Day is commemorated annually on every Oct. 20. theme for 2019 is: “How Healthy Food Works”.
Director, South-West Professional Chefs Nigeria, Nick Maaji said that the day give us opportunity to network globally. “it’s offers us opportunity to promote the profession to future chefs and most importantly, make a difference in their local communities through making healthy eating fun and exciting for kids and exposing them to the culinary profession. We are delighted to be here today to engage the children on how to prepare healthy food.”
“This is because we know that the more children are involved in the choice and preparation of food, the more likely they will choose healthy food options.
“We are also very happy to have an opportunity to collaborate with Nestlé, especially the Nestlé Professional team who has made this event possible today,” Nick said.
According to him, the practical sessions offered the children an opportunity to make decisions on the ingredients they need to purchase for the meals assigned to their specific groups.
“Together with the chefs, the children created recipes out of fresh food items including vegetables, fruits, grains and proteins readily available in their immediate environment.
“The children was so excited as they experienced food from ingredients to recipes, from preparation to the table,’’ he said.
In her remarks, Ms Victoria Uwadoka, Corporate Communications and Public Affairs Manager for Nestlé Nigeria, said: “today event is one of the ways we contribute toward our goals of helping children live healthier lives. This is through our global flagship programme: `Nestlé for Healthier Kids (N4HK)’.
“The children we have hosted today are from N4HK participating schools in Ogun.
“We hope the children will not only practice all they have learnt today, but will also share the knowledge they have received on How Healthy Food Works with their friends and parents,’’ she said.
Mrs Motunrayo Egunjobi, Director, Social Mobilisation, Ogun Universal Basic Education Board, in her remark comments the good work Nestlé is doing for kids.
This has been a great learning experience for everyone present today not only for the kids, I know the kids will go back and practice what they have learnt today, and I will make sure I go around the schools to put what happened here today into practice to impact other children.
Abiodun Sets Up OGWAMA to Fight Dirty Environment
Hadiza lied! We never Attacked NPA MD – OMSL
WINNERS OF 2019 FIRSTBANK SPONSORED NATIONAL COMPANY OF THE YEAR COMPETITION CONTEST IN THE AFRICA COMPANY OF THE YEAR COMPETITION
2023 : Tinubu Media Team (TMT 2023) Holds National Executives Inaugural Meeting In Abuja
Bill To Amendment Teachers Registration Council Act Awaits Second Reading
Cover Of The Week
- “Sandie Beach Rugby 2019 Promises To Be Fun”- Mr. Ayo Johnson, CEO Turbocrest Sport December 6, 2019
- Unbeaten Blitzboks to face Argentina in Dubai quarter-finals December 6, 2019
- Ghana Rugby and Societe Generale Ends 2019 "Get Into Rugby" On High Note In Accra December 6, 2019
- African Impact Accelerator Launched in Cape Town to Support Ocean Economy Innovation December 6, 2019
- African Development Bank President wins All Africa Business Leaders Awards ™ 2019 African of the Year award December 6, 2019
- Former President Koroma hosts The Chairman of Horasis December 6, 2019
- Keystone Radiology Partners with GE Healthcare to Advance Diagnostic Services at MooiMed Private Hospital December 6, 2019
- African Development Fund (ADF-15) replenishment: Donors commit $7.6 billion, a 32% boost from last replenishment, in support of Africa’s low-income, fragile, countries December 6, 2019
- Pole position at stake as Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology (MMUST) and Leos face off in Kakamega December 6, 2019
- Derby day in Nairobi and Kakamega as Mwamba host Kenya Commercial Bank (KCB) December 6, 2019
Politics6 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Interviews6 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin
Sports5 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .