As part of activities marking this year’s Children’s Day, Wife of Ondo State Governor, Arabinrin Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu has advised children in the State to stay safe, just as she allayed their fears, concerning Coronavirus, that it will soon be history.
Chief (Mrs.) Akeredolu who stated this in Akure, in her message to Ondo State Children, decried the discomfort currently experienced by the children in this period of lockdown, describing it as a deviation from the normal life they have been exposed to, owing to the Coronavirus pandemic currently ravaging the world.
According to her, “this is a message of comfort to Ondo State children who are experiencing this lockdown unusual to a life they have ever known. No schooling, no playing and socialising with their friends etc which could be exasperating. They should hang in there. We shall overcome.”
The First Lady described children as the most valuable to the society and noted that Children are the hopes of a better future, as such their potentials and development must be guided jealously by any government or individual. She maintained that without children the world would be devoid of happiness, love and innovations, thus, they must be guided, protected, loved and cared for.
The Digital Mama charged Children in the State not to jettison independent learning and reading during this period, but leverage on the use of information and computer technology (ICT) to engage in e-learning via several digital platforms, believing this would enable them compete favourably with their counterparts across the globe.
While wishing them well during this Children’s Day celebration, she also reminded them of the need to serve as Change Agents in the fight against COVID-19, maintain personal hygiene, social distancing, make use of face masks and adhere to other precautionary measures, set up by the government, to prevent them from contracting the virus.
Cover Of The Week
- Digital Consumer Trends that Will Continue to Dominate Daily Life in Africa July 4, 2020
- Coronavirus - Africa: The United States continues to lead the global response to COVID-19 July 3, 2020
- Coronavirus: African Union Member States reporting COVID-19 cases as of 3 July 2020, 6 pm EAT July 3, 2020
- Coronavirus - Africa: Amidst COVID-19 pandemic, UN High-Level Forum aims to chart pathways toward a sustainable recovery July 3, 2020
- Coronavirus - Africa: Amid COVID-19, African church leaders say availing quality seeds to farmers can help beat food insecurity July 3, 2020
- Coronavirus - Africa: United Nations in West and Central Africa concerned over increased vulnerabilities of migrants amid COVID-19 July 3, 2020
- Coronavirus - Cameroon: 145 Commonwealth Points of Light July 3, 2020
- Coronavirus – South Africa: Government commences urgent investigation into the supply of scrap to the Metals Industry in response to COVID-19 July 3, 2020
- Coronavirus - Libya: On the one year anniversary of the bloody attack on the Tajoura Detention Centre, the UN renews its call for the closure of migration Detention Centres and accountability July 3, 2020
- Coronavirus - Africa: COVID-19 WHO Africa Update as of 3 july 2020 July 3, 2020
celebrity radar - gossips7 months ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
news4 months ago
Governor Dapo Abiodun : The Silent Hardworking Governor
Uncategorized2 weeks ago
STOP PRESS! AJIMOBI IS NOT DEAD SAYS SPOKESMAN, BOLAJI TUNJI
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Prince Ned Nwoko Poses With His Wives