500m women, girls lack adequate facilities for menstrual hygiene management globally – Foundation
By Ifeoma Ikem
Miss Ololade Ogunnubi, the founder, Lola cater for the needy foundation, a non governmental organization (NGO) says about 500 million women and girls lack adequate facilities for menstrual hygiene management globally.
Mostly on inadequate wash (water, sanitation and hygiene) facilities, particularly in public places, such as in schools, workplaces or health centers, can pose a major obstacle to women and girls.
The foundation while marking the day with the support from Education as a vaccine (EVA) and United Nations population fund (UNFPA) gave out menstrual kits to no fewer than twenty five girls.
She said the campaign was part of activities to mark this year’s Menstrual Hygiene Day.
“The foundation has at least reached about two hundred students who have benefited from the Menstrual products.
“The organisation decided to take the campaign to students at the rural areas to break the misconceptions about menstruation and raise awareness on the need to promote good menstrual hygiene.
“The campaign will kick off with school children across five states Lagos, Ogun, FCT, Nasarawa, and Oyo and we are not limiting it to only female students, we want the male students to also learn about it.
The main menstrual sensitization will start from June 24 in Nasarawa state until July 11th . We hope to reach out to 500 students both boys and girls
Menstrual Hygiene Day is a day set aside globally to educate young girls and ladies in particular and the general public about Menstrual Hygiene as well as break the stigma and clarify myths and misconceptions around Menstruation
Its annual awareness day is every 28 may to help break the silence and build awareness about the fundamental role that good menstrual hygiene management (MHM) plays in enabling women and girls to reach their full potential.
Cover Of The Week
- Emerson Publishes Environmental, Social and Governance Report June 22, 2021
- AMEA Power launches 50MW Solar Power Plant in Togo - the country's first utility-scale renewable energy project developed by an Independent Power Producer June 22, 2021
- Merck Foundation calls for action together with 13 African First Ladies and 27 Ministers to Build Healthcare Capacity, Break the Infertility Stigma and Support Girl Education at their annual conference June 22, 2021
- World Food Programme (WFP) says 41 million people now at imminent risk of famine without urgent funding and immediate humanitarian access June 22, 2021
- AFRICOM's Gen. Townsend meets African leaders at exercise African Lion June 22, 2021
- Germany supports World Food Programme's (WFP) life-saving food assistance to vulnerable families in South Sudan June 22, 2021
- Doctors Without Borders (MSF) responds to mRNA COVID vaccine technology transfer hub being set up in South Africa June 22, 2021
- AMISOM troops relocate from Marianguwaay Forward Operating Base in the Lower Shabelle region of Somalia and gives the community land back to the Federal Government of Somalia June 22, 2021
- Defeating Ebola in Guinea through better experience June 22, 2021
- Coronavirus - Zambia: COVID-19 Statistics Daily Status Update (21 June 2021) June 22, 2021
religion6 months ago
Kidnapping In Aso Rock, CBN Governor Indictment, Death Of Governor, Others – Primate Ayodele Fearful 2021 Prophecies
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
Profile of New Chief of Army Staff Maj Gen Ibrahim Attahiru
Fashion/Lifestyle2 months ago
How To Make a Girl Horny Fast – 9 Easy Tricks
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Apostle Omotosho Rolls out Over 90 Prophetic Alerts For 2021