It occurred to me this morning that some things are better left for posterity, and that as a man, you can’t but experience this as long as you live.
Woke up this morning to the news that Promise Excel, a young, incredible speaker and digital media expert, was gone to the great beyond. It’s saddening.
As if that wasn’t enough, the roach-infested laptop that has been generating lots of SEO in the past few days is a regular visitor to the operation theatre. Its surgeon is resolute. Took it to him as early as 8.26 am, again!
Experienced how it feels like to be “stuck.” You know that much-publicised end-time experience where you can’t access everything that’s linked to your bank account. ATM not dispensing cash needed for the day’s upkeep and other church-related things. Mobile app neither sending money nor reflecting debits. Church bus came to my rescue.
While the service was going on, I struggled to come to grips with the fact that there was nothing I’d give on me, even after I’d been told by a boy that I’d have to go (a euphemism for “trek”) to Bodija from Samonda to make a withdrawal. Tani mo se? Las las, service went as written, though yours sincerely left 30 minutes before it ended. Hunger no go kill person fa!
Coming back from church in the afternoon, my hungry self wasn’t ashamed of eating by the roadside, after I had successfully withdrawn from WEMA Bank at Bodija. That was the only option I had that moment.
Alighting at my destination, the heavy rain that started immediately I boarded a taxi en route Akobo wouldn’t stop. It drenched me to the teeth as I scurried to my laptop’s theatre room in the hope that by the time I got there, it’d have been completely healed. Same old story, so it was.
To cap it all, my emotional attachment to the red half of London was activated. I was irked that the club could fluff their lead in a derby with Crystal Palace. On top of that was the abysmal decision made by the men behind VAR. I felt cheated, damn cheated!
As I sleep now, my dear journal, remember that this is the least I could do to make myself happy. I made this promise, and here I am fulfilling every bit of it.
A writer from another planet
Alli Oluwasegun Moses
Yewande Memorial School Lagos Celebrate Aina On Her Conferment Of the Member of the order of the British Empire (MBE)
Abiodun Sets Up OGWAMA to Fight Dirty Environment
Hadiza lied! We never Attacked NPA MD – OMSL
WINNERS OF 2019 FIRSTBANK SPONSORED NATIONAL COMPANY OF THE YEAR COMPETITION CONTEST IN THE AFRICA COMPANY OF THE YEAR COMPETITION
2023 : Tinubu Media Team (TMT 2023) Holds National Executives Inaugural Meeting In Abuja
Cover Of The Week
- “Sandie Beach Rugby 2019 Promises To Be Fun”- Mr. Ayo Johnson, CEO Turbocrest Sport December 6, 2019
- Unbeaten Blitzboks to face Argentina in Dubai quarter-finals December 6, 2019
- Ghana Rugby and Societe Generale Ends 2019 "Get Into Rugby" On High Note In Accra December 6, 2019
- African Impact Accelerator Launched in Cape Town to Support Ocean Economy Innovation December 6, 2019
- African Development Bank President wins All Africa Business Leaders Awards ™ 2019 African of the Year award December 6, 2019
- Former President Koroma hosts The Chairman of Horasis December 6, 2019
- Keystone Radiology Partners with GE Healthcare to Advance Diagnostic Services at MooiMed Private Hospital December 6, 2019
- African Development Fund (ADF-15) replenishment: Donors commit $7.6 billion, a 32% boost from last replenishment, in support of Africa’s low-income, fragile, countries December 6, 2019
- Pole position at stake as Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology (MMUST) and Leos face off in Kakamega December 6, 2019
- Derby day in Nairobi and Kakamega as Mwamba host Kenya Commercial Bank (KCB) December 6, 2019
Politics6 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Interviews6 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin
Sports5 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .