The assaulted investigative journalist, Akinwale Kasali, of the source magazine has narrated his ordeal yesterday in the hands of the men of Lagos task force.
Describing his experience, he stated that he was humiliated beyond words.
“ I felt humiliated and had the most horrible experience of my life”.
According to him, the task force were arresting motorcyclist on the highway. One of cyclists was almost knocked down by an oncoming Commercial Bus and all the passerbys were scared that the he had been knocked down.
Luckily for him, he escaped by a whisker. Having witnessed such and the lackadaisical approach of the Police who weren’t remorseful in anyway, he decided to approach them and enlightened them.
“I approached one of the Policemen politely. He told me that is how they are carrying out their duties.
I was just advising him that they should be careful not to have any casualty that might result to death. Sadly, a Police officer shouted at me challenging me and demanding why I came around. I quickly identified myself by showing him my Identity Card.
The next thing was a hit at my back by one of the officer. As I turned around to ascertain what was amiss, I was mobbed by a combined team of Police officers beating me severely. They teargassed me, tore my cloth, cut off my bag strapped at my back, rough handled me and threw me inside the Black Maria.
Honestly what I experienced yesterday was too bad. One of the officers told me he will frame me up for interrupting their duties. I know how much I spent in hospital for treatment because I was severely beaten up.
Cover Of The Week
- Ambassador visits Peace Corps Volunteers January 17, 2020
- UN Child Rights Committee to review Austria, Belarus, Costa Rica, Hungary, Rwanda and State of Palestine January 17, 2020
- Tanzania will continue to uphold one-China policy January 17, 2020
- A passion for food wins contest on innovative thinking January 17, 2020
- Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), UN Restate Commitment to Peace, Security and Stability in West Africa January 17, 2020
- Visit to Tokyo by Amb. Macharia Kamau, MBS – Principal Secretary, Ministry of Foreign Affairs January 17, 2020
- Prosper Africa: Registration Open, Tunis January 17, 2020
- Security Alert: Threats against Nigerien and Western Government Facilities and Locations Frequented by Westerners January 17, 2020
- UN finds that prospects for economic growth in 2020 hinge on reducing trade disputes and uncertainty January 17, 2020
- Federal Government of Somalia, U.S. conduct airstrike against al-Shabaab terrorists January 17, 2020
Sports6 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .
celebrity radar - gossips4 weeks ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
news6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria