One of our very own;Mr Abel Olasunkanmi Ayeni, was on the 20th of July;2019 honoured at ‘Owings Mills;Maryland,USA’.
The honour was done,by Eruku Progressive Union;North America,in recognition of Olasunkanmi’s creativity in composing an anthem in Eruku dialect. This feat,is one of the numerous heights attained by Sunkanmi, as he’s fondly called.
The young but gallant Officer of NSCD,has risen through the ranks in the security agency. Gallantry,combatant and cuteness – all conjugates,when he is seen in the uniform.
A brief look into Sunkanmi’s biography,would reveal his ancestry and outstanding cum innate abilities. Of course, he is from our beloved ‘Erukucity’,in Ekiti Local Government of Kwara State.
He hails from Ayeni’s Family, in Odolomu area of Eruku. His elementary education commenced from same town,without any form of dent.
An astute achiever:Sunkanmi is one of the generations of elites,who has fought tirelessly,in establishing and sustaining December’s annual event; ‘ANKARA NIGHT,’ an avenue for uniting sons and daughters of ‘Eruku Mesi Omo Ooni’ both at home and in diaspora. It is worthy to emphasise that,Ankara Night cannot be discussed in its entirety, without a mention of Sunkanmi and his numerous sacrifices.
It is usually said that,the things that are seen,are controlled by the things not seen. Just as simply put,those of Christian faith would say,”the spiritual controls the physical.” In that vein therefore,all accolades about this industrious son of our land may not be complete,without a mention of his spirituality and religious influences: Sunkanmi wielded great influence; towards the development of Methodist Church Choir,Odolomu Eruku. He is one of the pioneers of Methodist Catheral Choir,Taiwo Isale road;Ilorin.
While discharging his duties;in various capacities in the church,he is one of the few known youths,who adhered to biblical counsel of not having one’s youth despised. A young man,who lives his life in sanctity,purpose and in the fear of God.
This meritorious award has not come on a platter of gold,he has sacrificed for it. It is deserving of a man with the heart of gold, a man who never looks down on anyone,but is readily available to contribute his quota, to every good course.
Let’s wish him well. Once again;a big congratulation to a noble son of ‘Erukucity Mesi Omo Ooni’
Cover Of The Week
- European Investment Bank and UNICEF partner to help improve access to quality education and protect children from climate change January 27, 2020
- Handover ceremony of Japanese-Funded project “The Project for Improvement for the Educational Environment at Manhanga Primary School in Kariba District” January 27, 2020
- Blitzboks in recovery mode with Sydney looming January 27, 2020
- The U.S. Government and Federal Government of Somalia announce a New Effort to Promote Youth Workforce Development January 27, 2020
- The East African Community (EAC) - Business and Investment Forum – 12-13 March 2020, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania January 27, 2020
- Global Actors gather to forge a common front against Illicit Trade January 27, 2020
- United Nations (UN) Report Urges Accountability for Libya Airstrike Deaths January 27, 2020
- Equatorial Guinea joins support to Saudi Arabia’s readiness to react to Coronavirus’ impact on oil market January 27, 2020
- United Nations Support Mission in Libya (UNSMIL) Statement on continued violations of arms embargo in Libya January 27, 2020
- Rugby Union returns to Nigerian National Sports Festival January 27, 2020
Sports6 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
news6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria