My administration has introduced some reform initiatives that would help reduce bureaucratic bottleneck and improve ease of doing business in the State. I stated this at a parley with Chief Executive Officers (CEOs) of Companies in Abeokuta while I listed some of the reforms to include the establishment of the State Enterprise Development Agency, to strengthen Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) and boost their capacities.The Ogun State Investment Promotion Agency is also set up to provide a one stop shop and eliminate unnecessary delays in processing necessary documents. The Public Private Office have also been established to ensure that the State has a transparent and accessible template.
I called on Investors in the State to consider indigenes of the State for permanent employment or internship when siting their businesses in the State. A Bill on Local Content has been sent to the House of Assembly to that effect. Intimating the Investors of my administration’s enablers, I said good governance, through focused leadership, provision of good road network, to ease movement, provision of adequate security, digitalisation to enable the State make use of Information Communication Technology (ICT) in its educational institutions as well as employment generation, would be vigorously pursued.
The contract for the construction of Ijebu -Ode -Epe road has been awarded, just as the Ogun and Lagos governments have approached the Federal government for the take over of construction of Sagamu- Ogijo-Ikorodu, Abeokuta-Ota-Lagos roads. I decried the poor condition of roads in the industrial hubs. Hence the State Public Works Agency to be charged with the responsibility of fixing township and rural roads, has been established.
In all,I called the parley to explain my policy thrust and seek buy in for the Development of the State.
23 Year Old Mother Stabs hubby to death
EvaluatePR 14th Edition kicks off in September
‘ Mr and Miss Nigeria 2019 will be of global standard’ – CEO, Amb. Brendan Nsikakis
Adedas boss picks three laurels
ALL SET AS LAGOS AWAITS ZENITH BANK’S ASPIRE MUSIC FESTIVAL
Cover Of The Week
- UNMISS visits conflict-ridden Tonj East area to build trust and confidence September 17, 2019
- Second UK-Morocco Strategic Dialogue held in Rabat September 17, 2019
- UAE rescues people affected by floods in Al Jazeerah, Sudan September 17, 2019
- Reynders and De Croo confirm the revitalization of diplomatic relations with the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) September 17, 2019
- Vibrant discussions take place around Kenya's African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) strategy September 17, 2019
- Escalation of violence in Birao September 17, 2019
- Democratic Republic of Congo conducts national consultation on the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) September 17, 2019
- “SHORRT” drug-resistant Tuberculosis (TB) treatment on cards September 17, 2019
- Ghana Cocoa Trade Syndication Signing Ceremony September 17, 2019
- Minister of State for Foreign Affairs Meets Secretary General of Madagascar Presidency September 17, 2019
Business4 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Business6 months ago
News Flash! Ecobank Wins CBN/NIBSS Award For Data Integrity
Politics3 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS