By Ifeoma ikem
Following the report of Lagos arrests trailer coming from Jigawa state with 123 illegal migrants,48 motorcycle on 30th August, 2019 at about 1200hours by a team of police men attached to Lagos State Taskforce on Environmental Sanitation and Special Offences, Oshodi while on traffic enforcement duty, along Moshalashi road Agege.
The command spoke person, DSP Bala Elkana have confirmed the report through press statement that they are all coming from Jigawa State, North West Region of Nigeria and mostly artisans, commercial motorcyclists and traders which some of them are already based in Lagos with their families while others are coming into the state for the first time.
According to him, the trailer were intercepted, with Registration Number JIGAWA HJA-680-XA, loaded with One Hundred and Twenty One (121) male, between ages 16 and 35 and forty eight (48) Motorcycles.
They are in the state to pursuit greener pastures, vehicle and Passengers were searched but nothing incriminating was found.
All the passengers were profiled with a view to ascertaining who they are, where they come from, their background and their mission in Lagos being satisfied with their legitimate mission in the State they were allowed to proceed to their various destinations.
The Command will not relent on its efforts to protect the lives and properties of the good people of Lagos State.
23 Year Old Mother Stabs hubby to death
EvaluatePR 14th Edition kicks off in September
‘ Mr and Miss Nigeria 2019 will be of global standard’ – CEO, Amb. Brendan Nsikakis
Adedas boss picks three laurels
ALL SET AS LAGOS AWAITS ZENITH BANK’S ASPIRE MUSIC FESTIVAL
Cover Of The Week
- UNMISS visits conflict-ridden Tonj East area to build trust and confidence September 17, 2019
- Second UK-Morocco Strategic Dialogue held in Rabat September 17, 2019
- UAE rescues people affected by floods in Al Jazeerah, Sudan September 17, 2019
- Reynders and De Croo confirm the revitalization of diplomatic relations with the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) September 17, 2019
- Vibrant discussions take place around Kenya's African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) strategy September 17, 2019
- Escalation of violence in Birao September 17, 2019
- Democratic Republic of Congo conducts national consultation on the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) September 17, 2019
- “SHORRT” drug-resistant Tuberculosis (TB) treatment on cards September 17, 2019
- Ghana Cocoa Trade Syndication Signing Ceremony September 17, 2019
- Minister of State for Foreign Affairs Meets Secretary General of Madagascar Presidency September 17, 2019
Business4 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Business6 months ago
News Flash! Ecobank Wins CBN/NIBSS Award For Data Integrity
Politics3 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS