As normalcy returned to the Tai Solarin College of Education, Omu, Ijebu, the Ogun State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun has urged the newly matriculated students of the institution to be diligent in their studies and to refrain from activities that could lead them to tarnishing the image of the state and their respective families.
According to a statement issued by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Kunle Somorin, the governor opined that he was glad that there was now light at the end of the tunnel for the institution after several months of protests, arguments and unrest on the campus, adding that he was happy at the new found peace in the institution.
Abiodun added that the visitation panel that was set up by his administration to look into the way out of the crises raging in the institution had done a good job and had come up with its recommendations that brought peace to the College.
He promised that his government has started to implement the findings of the committee and he said the Government would be firm and decisive in dealing with those whose agenda negates those of the founding fathers of TASCE.
The helmsman added that part of the findings of the committee was the outright banning of the activities of the Conference of Tai Solarin College of Education Staffs(COTAS), which he said has being proscribed by his government.
He noted that his government will not fold its arms and allow the solid foundation it is striving hard to build be bastertized by any group of people, noting that the swift arm of the law will not be spared in putting anyone caught to be involved with any form of criminal activity to book.
He urged the new students to remember the son of whom they are, refrain from cult activities, adding that the staffs should also corporate with the school authority.
Germany-based writer, Nkiru Homann recounts life at almost 50, set to launch book
GTBank Releases Q3 2019 Unaudited Results…….. Reports Profit before tax of ₦170.7 Billion
FIRSTBANK HOSTS FINTECH SUMMIT 3.0
Ogun: Abiodun Offers Immediate Employment For Ilaro Polytechnic Best Graduating Student
Stakeholders task FG on economy
Cover Of The Week
- Canon, during its first participation in West Africa Digital Construction 2019, invited visitors to experience the latest innovations in printing October 17, 2019
- Congratulations on the Awarding of the Nobel Peace Prize to Prime Minister Abiy October 17, 2019
- Scholarship for Orphaned Students October 16, 2019
- Concerned about their representation, Wau women seek strength in unity October 16, 2019
- United Nations Security Council (UNSC) Press Statement on the situation in Guinea-Bissau October 16, 2019
- Inauguration of the new living space at the French Residence with Roche Bobois October 16, 2019
- Elections in Tunisia October 16, 2019
- H.E. Sauli Niinisto, President of the Republic of Finland made official visit to Ethiopia October 16, 2019
- Hackathon Workshop on “Election” Challenge in Ethiopia October 16, 2019
- “Local Governments at the Forefront in the Fight against Climate Change in Africa” October 16, 2019
Business5 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Politics4 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Crime6 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Interviews4 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin