Oyo State Governor, Abiola Ajimobi, has lost his bid to
return to the Senate.
In the result announced by the Returning officer for Oyo South Senatorial District, Prof. Wole Akinsola, Dr Kola Balogun of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) beat Ajimobi of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and the incumbent Sen. Adesoji Akanbi of the African Democratic Congress (ADC) to emerge the winner.
He polled 105,720 votes to beat Ajimobi who scored 92,218 and Akanbi who polled 49,437 votes.
Cover Of The Week
- Africa Oil & Power officially opens Mozambique Workshops, celebrates International Women’s Day March 8, 2021
- Sonangol celebrates 45 Years in Service of Angola (By Charné Hundermark) March 8, 2021
- Canada World Youth and Africa Skills Hub partner to introduce Women’s Entrepreneurship and Livelihood Initiative (WELI) March 8, 2021
- USD 35-billion per year is needed to tackle Africa’s water crisis; South African firm Khato Civils announces African expansion and calls for AfCFTA to be the catalyst to build Africa’s water infrastructure March 8, 2021
- The Africa Digital Inclusion Facility approves grants worth $1.3 million for two research efforts to enhance women’s digital access to loans and micro-insurance March 8, 2021
- The African Energy Chamber to host Virtual Book Launch for its first ever advisory board book March 8, 2021
- NBA and Basketball Africa League launch Gender Equality Initiatives in Africa March 8, 2021
- Energy Sector stands with Equatorial Guinea as explosions decimate in residential areas March 8, 2021
- Oil and Gas sector welcomes merger of South Africa’s iGas, PetroSA and Strategic Fuel Fund March 8, 2021
- Gaerne and Team Qhubeka ASSOS reunite partnership March 8, 2021
Politics3 months ago
US SUPREME COURT DECISION CONFIRMS TB JOSHUA PROPHECY
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Popular Yoruba Actor, Kanran Smiles Again, gets Car, Cash, Property Worth Millions (video)
Metro6 months ago
8 People killed in Edo over ₦100
Sports6 months ago
Prophet TB Joshua Speaks To Messi