Helping female businesses grow through discounted access to finance is one of themany unique value propositions under the Access Bank’s W Initiative.
Tracy Batta, co-founder, SmoothieExpress and a W Power Loan beneficiary recently emerged onForbes Africa’s 30 under 30 list.Tracy Batta co-owns Smoothie Express, a healthy focused brand known for providingconsumers with healthy fast foods. Prior to her recognition under the 2020 class ofForbes Africa’s 30 under 30, Tracy was recognized under Business Day’s Top100Fastest Growing SMEs.
She has since grown to become a household name in Lagos. Since its launch in 2018, the W Power loan has impacted the businesses ofgrowingfemale entrepreneurs with N14bn for expansion whilst seeking opportunitiesand exposure to the global market.Speaking on the impact of the W Power Loan on female owned businesses, AdaUdechukwu, Head, Women Banking at Access Bank says, “Ensuring access toaffordable finance for SMEs and opportunities to access new markets is anintegral part of Access Bank’s economic ecosystem for SMEs. Since theintroduction of the W Power Loan, more women can now sit at the helm ofentrepreneurial affairs and grow their businesses to be internationallyrecognized. Westrengthen female-owned SMEs in Nigeria by being a pillar forthem to lean on for growth and expansion”.Access Bank’s support for female-owned home-grown businesses is undeniable andthis is evident in the resultant benefits from its discounted financing initiative, The WPower Loan.
Cover Of The Week
- Coronavirus - Africa: International Narcotics Control Board (INCB), WHO and United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) statement on access to internationally controlled medicines during COVID-19 pandemic August 14, 2020
- Coronavirus - Democratic Republic of the Congo: Millions ‘on the edge’ in DR Congo, now in even greater danger of tipping over - World Food Programme (WFP) August 14, 2020
- Coronavirus - Africa: 1,200 missing migrants recorded thus far in 2020 may well undercount totals since COVID-19 outbreak August 14, 2020
- Coronavirus - Sierra Leone: Stranded Sierra Leoneans return amid COVID-19 pandemic, part of 2,800 returns along Humanitarian Corridors in West, Central Africa August 14, 2020
- Coronavirus - Nigeria: Humanitarian needs hit record high, UN calls for urgent support August 14, 2020
- Coronavirus - Ethiopia: Stop the use of deadly force on protesters August 14, 2020
- Coronavirus - Democratic Republic of Congo: With conflict and COVID-19 deepening hunger in the Democratic Republic of Congo, more help is needed to save millions of lives August 14, 2020
- Coronavirus - Malawi: COVID-19 Daily Information Update (14th August 2020) August 14, 2020
- Coronavirus: African Union Member States reporting COVID-19 cases as of 14 August 2020, 6 pm EAT August 14, 2020
- Coronavirus - Africa: 2 in 5 schools around the world lacked basic handwashing facilities prior to COVID-19 pandemic — UNICEF, WHO August 14, 2020
news5 months ago
Governor Dapo Abiodun : The Silent Hardworking Governor
Uncategorized2 months ago
STOP PRESS! AJIMOBI IS NOT DEAD SAYS SPOKESMAN, BOLAJI TUNJI
Education2 months ago
Methodist owned Wesley University owe staff up to 40 months Salaries
Politics3 months ago
Lagos Speaker,Rt. Hon. Mudashiru Obasa Clears The Air On Fraud Rumour