The Group Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Access Bank PLC, Herbert Wigwe has disclosed plans by the financial institution to erect a 15 story building and a creative arts and entertainment village in Abeokuta.
Herbert Wigwe who made this known in Oke- Mosan, while on a courtesy visit to the Ogun State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun said that Access bank was looking at a sector that would seat on 4 major hubs, adding that entertainment,Information Technology and Skills, Nollywood and Music would be looked into.
” I am talking of a sector that will seat on four major hubs, first is entertainment, the second is IT and Skills, which will basically ensure that several people from these great state and neighboring states will be trained and given high quality power as far as intellectual content is concerned, the third has to do with Nollywood, the fourth has to do with music,” he said.
He noted that Access Bank was looking at establishing a support system in Abeokuta, while also aiming to start the construction of a 15 story building that would help to support their contingency plan for Information Technology, affirming that work would start later in the year
” The second is a project that is dear to me and which is to ensure that we start looking at establishing what we refer to as a support system for Access Bank out here in Abeokuta, we are determined to put up a 15 story building out here in Abeokuta which will basically help support contingency plan for IT, help support us as far as our contact center is concerned, ensure that we give Ogun a befitting center if you like, compared to other world class institutions that intend to come out here.
” We will start construction of that site later this year, we will ensure we put our map fully out here in this beautiful city,” he said.
The Bank head who also added that the creative sector which has being taken for granted for a long time could employ between two and three million people if looked into.
” The creative sector is a very important sector that people take for granted and if you look at the context of Nigeria, if we get it right, perhaps, coming out of Ogun State, you will find out that we will provide employment over the next five years to perhaps two or three million people coming out of that sector,” he said.
In his remarks, the Ogun State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun applauded the decision of Access Bank PLC to partner with the Ogun State government in its quest to build the state through its investment in the Creative Arts and Entertainment Village and its decision to erect a fifteen story building in the state.
Prince Abiodun said that his government would provide an enabling environment for a Public Private Sector Partnership which would be fundamental to the economic growth of the state,noting that the visit was a clear testimony to the commitment of his administration’s desire to provide good governance.
‘ Mr and Miss Nigeria 2019 will be of global standard’ – CEO, Amb. Brendan Nsikakis
Adedas boss picks three laurels
ALL SET AS LAGOS AWAITS ZENITH BANK’S ASPIRE MUSIC FESTIVAL
Alleged Youngest Billionaire, Tunde Biletiri challenges Huspuppi, Mompha
OGUN REMAINS BEST DESTINATION FOR INVESTORS- ABIODUN
Cover Of The Week
- Restoring cassava farming in Rwanda September 16, 2019
- Restoring Zimbabwe’s Livelihoods, Infrastructure After Cyclone Idai September 16, 2019
- Lee Kuan Yew Exchange Fellowship - Visit of Mr Paul Mashatile, Treasurer-General of the African National Congress, Republic of South Africa, 17 to 24 Sep 2019 September 16, 2019
- Merck Foundation provides their first ‘Health Media Training’ in partnership with the First Lady of Zimbabwe September 16, 2019
- U.S. Applauds Janneh Commission Report Release, Pledges to Support Recovery of “Ill-Gotten Gains” September 16, 2019
- Equatorial Guinea’s local services companies continue to attract best international partnerships September 16, 2019
- U.S. Embassy Statement on Recent Attack on Humanitarian Workers in Gambella September 16, 2019
- Kenya rolls out landmark malaria vaccine introduction September 16, 2019
- Energy Exec Says New Book Billions at Play, Provides Solutions for African Energy Self-Sufficiency September 16, 2019
- Mixed-use is the key to funding hotel development in Africa September 16, 2019
Business4 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Business6 months ago
News Flash! Ecobank Wins CBN/NIBSS Award For Data Integrity
Politics3 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS