The Group Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Access Bank PLC, Herbert Wigwe has disclosed plans by the financial institution to erect a 15 story building and a creative arts and entertainment village in Abeokuta.
Herbert Wigwe who made this known in Oke- Mosan, while on a courtesy visit to the Ogun State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun said that Access bank was looking at a sector that would seat on 4 major hubs, adding that entertainment,Information Technology and Skills, Nollywood and Music would be looked into.
” I am talking of a sector that will seat on four major hubs, first is entertainment, the second is IT and Skills, which will basically ensure that several people from these great state and neighboring states will be trained and given high quality power as far as intellectual content is concerned, the third has to do with Nollywood, the fourth has to do with music,” he said.
He noted that Access Bank was looking at establishing a support system in Abeokuta, while also aiming to start the construction of a 15 story building that would help to support their contingency plan for Information Technology, affirming that work would start later in the year
” The second is a project that is dear to me and which is to ensure that we start looking at establishing what we refer to as a support system for Access Bank out here in Abeokuta, we are determined to put up a 15 story building out here in Abeokuta which will basically help support contingency plan for IT, help support us as far as our contact center is concerned, ensure that we give Ogun a befitting center if you like, compared to other world class institutions that intend to come out here.
” We will start construction of that site later this year, we will ensure we put our map fully out here in this beautiful city,” he said.
The Bank head who also added that the creative sector which has being taken for granted for a long time could employ between two and three million people if looked into.
” The creative sector is a very important sector that people take for granted and if you look at the context of Nigeria, if we get it right, perhaps, coming out of Ogun State, you will find out that we will provide employment over the next five years to perhaps two or three million people coming out of that sector,” he said.
In his remarks, the Ogun State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun applauded the decision of Access Bank PLC to partner with the Ogun State government in its quest to build the state through its investment in the Creative Arts and Entertainment Village and its decision to erect a fifteen story building in the state.
Prince Abiodun said that his government would provide an enabling environment for a Public Private Sector Partnership which would be fundamental to the economic growth of the state,noting that the visit was a clear testimony to the commitment of his administration’s desire to provide good governance.
GOD’S OWN POWER AND GLORY MINISTRIES HOLDS REVIVAL
Mouka Ups Game for Sustainable Market Control, Earns NSP’s Endorsement
CLMI has the capacity to produce 3million jobs annually ,….stakeholders
FIRSTBANK PARTNERS WITH CFA SOCIETY NIGERIA TO HOST 2019 ETHICS CHALLENGE COMPETITION
Journalist Recounts Ordeal in the Hands of Lagos Task Force
Cover Of The Week
- Ethiopia celebrated at World Travel Market November 15, 2019
- Democratic Republic of Congo and IMF Mission Reach an Agreement ad-referendum on Financial Assistance Under the Rapid Credit Facility and a Staff-Monitored Program November 15, 2019
- Foreign Minister Shahid pays a courtesy call on the Prime Minister of Morocco November 15, 2019
- Undersecretary of Ministry of Foreign Affairs for International Affairs meets in Washington with Deputy National Security Advisor for MENA at WHNSC November 15, 2019
- Emergency Response Project for Displaced Communities in Niger Concludes Amid Deteriorating Security Situation November 15, 2019
- Visit of the Chairperson of the African Union Commission to WHO November 15, 2019
- Minister Shahid meets with the Minister of Endowment and Islamic Affairs of Morocco November 15, 2019
- Nigeria Immigration Service, International Organization for Migration (IOM) Launch Border Management Information System at Largest Airport to Date November 15, 2019
- German Government support for the development of Namibia’s parks: Inauguration ceremony of Tsau Khaeb (Sperrgebiet) National Park infrastructure, Kharas Region November 15, 2019
- Venture Capital for Africa (VC4A) Launches First Dedicated Online Training Program for Africa’s Business Angels: ‘Mentor-Driven Capital’ November 15, 2019
Business6 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Politics5 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Interviews5 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin
Sports4 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today