FIRSTBANK PROMOTES CAREER DEVELOPMENT FOR STAFF
Lagos, 2 July 2019. Nigeria’s premier Bank and leading financial services provider, First Bank of Nigeria Limited, recently concluded the maiden edition of its Leadership Acceleration Programme (LAP). The event, filled with the smiles and excitement of the 71 graduands was held on Friday, 28 June 2019 at the Four Points by Sheraton, Victoria Island, Lagos.
In furtherance to the Bank’s strategic objective of imbibing and promoting leadership at requisite levels across its staff hierarchy, First Academy – the Bank’s training school and staff academic development institute – developed three core Leadership Programmes aimed at internally identifying and developing high potential talents who could take up the mantle of being the next generation of the Bank’s leaders, thereby building on its 125 years heritage since founding. One of these programmes is the Leadership Acceleration Programme (LAP).
The LAP was specifically designed to develop and infuse critical leadership and change agents within the middle management staff cadre of the Bank. It is an intensive skill development programme structured to enhance core leadership and business competencies of elite staff within the Bank. It consists of three instructor-led modular periods adopting a blend of classroom lectures, experiential activities, flipped learning strategies and peer-to-peer discussions to develop the desired talent pool.
Reiterating on the need for the LAP graduands to leave no stone unturned at painstakingly developing themselves thereby promoting excellence in the Bank and their circle of influence – beyond the industry – the Chief Executive Officer, First Bank of Nigeria Limited, Dr. Adesola Adeduntan, said “We are in the service business where what makes the difference is the quality of the people you have working for you. The onus is on us as the leaders of the institution to invest in our people, so that they will begin to have the right insight, capability and attitude which give the ability to compete and win at the market place. The primary reason we have embarked on this programme, is because of long term sustainable development of our internal talents” he concluded.
Edo Police Command Parades 144 Suspects
Rep Member Hold Essay Competition For Constituent
Wellness HMO Again Adopts Three Women for ‘Wellness for Life’
Africa’s Global Bank, UBA is Now Available on Apple Business Chat
STRANSACT NIGERIA MERITS INTERNATIONAL ACCOUNTING GROUP (TIAG) PARTNERSHIP
Cover Of The Week
- UN Human Rights Council 42: Statement for the Universal Periodic Review on Ethiopia September 20, 2019
- Successful Digital Women Entrepreneurs at UN Assembly September 20, 2019
- As drought compounds security woes, Somalis flee to Ethiopia (By Katie Nguyen) September 20, 2019
- Africa and Europe share Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) experiences September 20, 2019
- Levente Magyar holds talks on Hungary-related business issues in Egypt September 20, 2019
- New ambassadors from Ireland, Namibia and Malaysia September 20, 2019
- Libya: humanitarian operation brings to Italy four Libyan paediatric patients September 20, 2019
- New International Organization for Migration (IOM) Data Collection Reveals Latest Migratory Trends in Mauritania September 20, 2019
- The International Organization for Migration (IOM) Deplores Death of Migrant, Killed Thursday upon Disembarkation in Tripoli September 20, 2019
- European Union (EU) Ambassador in first visit of Laikipia Country to launch joint projects with Laikipia County Government and Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) September 20, 2019
Business5 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Business6 months ago
News Flash! Ecobank Wins CBN/NIBSS Award For Data Integrity
Politics4 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS