FIRSTBANK PROMOTES CAREER DEVELOPMENT FOR STAFF
Lagos, 2 July 2019. Nigeria’s premier Bank and leading financial services provider, First Bank of Nigeria Limited, recently concluded the maiden edition of its Leadership Acceleration Programme (LAP). The event, filled with the smiles and excitement of the 71 graduands was held on Friday, 28 June 2019 at the Four Points by Sheraton, Victoria Island, Lagos.
In furtherance to the Bank’s strategic objective of imbibing and promoting leadership at requisite levels across its staff hierarchy, First Academy – the Bank’s training school and staff academic development institute – developed three core Leadership Programmes aimed at internally identifying and developing high potential talents who could take up the mantle of being the next generation of the Bank’s leaders, thereby building on its 125 years heritage since founding. One of these programmes is the Leadership Acceleration Programme (LAP).
The LAP was specifically designed to develop and infuse critical leadership and change agents within the middle management staff cadre of the Bank. It is an intensive skill development programme structured to enhance core leadership and business competencies of elite staff within the Bank. It consists of three instructor-led modular periods adopting a blend of classroom lectures, experiential activities, flipped learning strategies and peer-to-peer discussions to develop the desired talent pool.
Reiterating on the need for the LAP graduands to leave no stone unturned at painstakingly developing themselves thereby promoting excellence in the Bank and their circle of influence – beyond the industry – the Chief Executive Officer, First Bank of Nigeria Limited, Dr. Adesola Adeduntan, said “We are in the service business where what makes the difference is the quality of the people you have working for you. The onus is on us as the leaders of the institution to invest in our people, so that they will begin to have the right insight, capability and attitude which give the ability to compete and win at the market place. The primary reason we have embarked on this programme, is because of long term sustainable development of our internal talents” he concluded.
Cover Of The Week
- Ringier Africa Digital Publishing (RADP) unifies all its brands under the company name PULSE February 21, 2020
- In 12 months, Sahel violence displaces more than 700,000 in Burkina Faso February 21, 2020
- Ebola virus disease – Democratic Republic of the Congo February 21, 2020
- Prosperity Fund’s Future Cities Programme launches in South Africa February 21, 2020
- “Our goal is to surpass developed countries,” African Development Bank VP tells fourth industrial revolution forum February 21, 2020
- Minister for Development Cooperation and Foreign Trade Ville Skinnari to visit Tanzania and Mozambique February 21, 2020
- Presentation cocktail of the Bordeaux Summit - 18th February, 2020 February 21, 2020
- Polio-Nigeria leaves no stone unturned, targets over 55 million children in house-to-house nationwide campaign February 21, 2020
- Remarks by Ambassador Kyle McCarter at Kenya Population-based HIV Impact Assessment (KENPHIA) Preliminary Results Launch Celebration February 21, 2020
- 2.9 million people, including 1.6 million children, affected by one or more of humanitarian crises in Niger February 20, 2020
celebrity radar - gossips2 months ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
Sports6 months ago
ZENITH BANK CELEBRATES D’TIGRESS ON BACK-TO-BACK AFROBASKET CHAMPIONSHIP VICTORY
Sports6 months ago
ZENITH BANK HAILS D’TIGRESS ON QUARTERFINAL QUALIFICATION
Sports5 months ago
Winners emerge in the 2019 Nigerian and African Freestyle Football Championship