Africa’s leading financial institution, Access Bank, has emerged winner of the 2019Karlsruhe Sustainable Finance Awards for “Outstanding Business Sustainability Achievement” for the 4th consecutive time. The award was received in recognition of the Bank’s unwavering commitment towards embedding social, environmental and economic sustainability into its core business strategy that helps address issues across its business operations and value chain.
The prestigious award was presented to the Bank’s GMD/CEO, Herbert Wigwe at the award ceremony which took place on July 11th,2019 at the City Hall of Karlsruhe, Germany and was attended by C-level executives, CEOs of leading global financial institutions, top German government officials, policy makers, regulators and key sustainability stakeholders.
The Global Sustainable Finance Awards in Karlsruhe honour financial institutions and related organizations and Presidents/ CEOs with significant contributions to the field of sustainable banking and finance. The awards also aim to promote the growth of sustainable financial instruments and markets worldwide, particularly in the fields of green finance and investments, financial inclusion and social finance, green equity and venture capital as well as the holistic integration of sustainability in financial institutions.
Wigwe stated that “the global finance sector plays a major role in the economy, as they provide huge amounts of capital and have the ability to influence other companies and customers across sectors through their products and services. Many banks are now placing a great deal of emphasis on driving sustainability as well as digitizing core business processes and reassessing organizational structures to be better prepared for the future of banking. This transformation illustrates the increasing desire to become a sustainable anddigital bank.”
“Access Bank has a corporate strategy and philosophy which places sustainability at its core. Together with our commitment to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, Access Bank recently launched a five-year tenured, fixed rate green bond worth N15 Billion which is the 1st Climate Bonds Initiative Certified corporate green bond in Africa”, he said.
Access Bank remains committed to setting standards for sustainable business practices, adopting innovative solutions to build a future that is desirable, as it becomes the World’s most respected African bank. The Bank continues to make positive contributions to people and planet, in effect paving the way for its own longevity and continued profitability, making the case for sustainability to businesses everywhere.
Rainoil Lauds Hymnodia, Celebrates Season 1 Finalists in Grand Style
OBASEKI AND THE POLITICAL CHESS GAME IN EDO STATE
SOUTHWEST GOVERNORS MEET, SEEK SOLUTION TO SECURITY CHALLENGES
Imo leaders reject traditional ruler
“No matter how much we make my share is N8,000 since I joined the gang”-suspect Confesses
Cover Of The Week
- Minister Shahid sends Revolution Day greetings to Egypt July 23, 2019
- 30 Chadian Journalists Trained This Month, Topping 600 Trainees in West and Central Africa Since 2018 July 23, 2019
- Joint Statement: International Organization for Migration (IOM) Director General António Vitorino and UN High Commissioner for Refugees Filippo Grandi Welcome Consensus on Need for Action on Libya, Mediterranean July 23, 2019
- Amnesty International to hold its highest decision-making meeting in Johannesburg July 23, 2019
- FORBES WOMAN AFRICA Announces First Regional Forum in Rwanda July 23, 2019
- Merck Foundation launches first ‘Merck Foundation Health Media Training’ and Media and Fashion Awards in partnership with the First Lady of Malawi to break infertility stigma in the country July 23, 2019
- First Reception Centre for Victims of Trafficking Opens in Niger July 23, 2019
- UN peacekeeping in Mali boosted with addition of 250 UK troops July 23, 2019
- IOM Launches Quality Control Centre in Nairobi July 23, 2019
- Boko Haram conflict causing misery to millions 10 years on July 23, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized5 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Business3 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime3 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others