Connect with us

news

An account of how my Daughter’s Boyfriend killed her for ritual- Bereaved Ex-Deputy Governor of Ondo, Oluboyo gives details

Published

on

 

Bereaved ex-deputy Governor of Ondo State, Alhaji Lasisi Oluboyo, father of the Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko final year student, Khadijah, who was allegedly murdered for ritual purpose, has resigned to fate over the death of his first child. The deceased was murdered under mysterious circumstances by her Abuja-based boyfriend, Adeyemi Alao, in Oke-Aro area of Akure metropolis.
Oluboyo, who confirmed to journalists that her daughter was killed for ritual purpose on Monday, disclosed that the family discovered she was missing on Monday, July 2, 2018.

“Somebody called us that she was missing. We started looking for her. We got in touch with her friends in the school. The closest friend told us that they finished lecture on Thursday. They took the same motorcycle to their houses. “On Friday, they had no lecture, when the friend got to the lecture room on Monday and did not see her, she started calling her numbers.” The father, who is the immediate past Deputy Governor of the state, revealed he sent “the money for her feeding on Friday, the usual thing is that when she got bank alert, she would call me back to thank me. “But this day, I did not get a response from her. I told her mother and she started calling her. The phones were switched off. On Monday, we started calling her number and it did not get through. Later the phone rang, they picked it and we were hearing an underground sound.

“The phone switched off again. Later we got a text that the mouthpiece of the phone is not good and that she would call when she changed the sim card to another phone. With that, we thought that everything was settled. We were waiting anxiously for the call.”

He noted that Khadijah’s friend even contacted the family that she too had been calling her number to no avail, adding that “the same person sent a message to that her friend that she was on her way coming.” Establishing the relationship between late Khadijat and Alao, the father said, “It was then I got to know that she came to Akure to meet that boy. From what the father told us, there is no doubt that they were once boy and girlfriend. “They met each other at College of Education, Ondo. When we started looking for the girl, the father called me, he said he is the father of Adeyemi, he said my daughter came to their house on Thursday and left on Friday morning. “He said she used to come in the past but stopped suddenly, that she was the type he wants his son to marry. I said we were not talking of marriage and that we were looking for her. The man called and started praying. When we called, the boy said she came on Thursday and left on Friday.”

While exposing the ruse kidnap scenario to cover up for her six days disappearance, the ex-Deputy Governor recounted that “my daughter had four numbers. She had two handsets, one with two sims, one with one sim.

The old number she was using was kept in her bag. What happened was that when we tracked the first number, it went off immediately after Roadblock at Owo. The second number went off after Oba-Akoko. “That gave us the impression that she was travelling and that she was going back to school. We got it on good authority that she came to Akure. That gave us belief that she was going back. “When they sent a message that we should wait for negotiation team, we discovered it was one of the numbers in her bag that they used to send the message to us. It was a perfect arrangement to buy time.”

 

Revealing how the mysterious disappearance which led to the death of her daughter was unravelled, he narrated that “when we tried our best, we organized prayers. When we finished with the prayers, he got the hint and said he cannot continue. “He rushed out and confessed to his immediate sister. He said this is what I did; I cannot cope, go and help me carry sack. The sister rushed to the father and narrated the story.” Contrary to widespread speculations that Alao just dumped the decomposing body of the victim under his bed, Oluboyo affirmed that “the boy dug a grave in his room, buried her and put his foam on the grave and was sleeping on the grave. She was not found under the bed, the boy has no bed. “The boy killed her for ritual purposes. It is not that the girl was not well-fed. The lady did not go there on her own volition. To me, I don’t want anything. God’s judgment is more than all the human’s verdict. The danger is that if you allow him to go scot-free, he would do it again.”

news

Journalists for Good Governance Shines Searchlight on Local Government Administration

Published

on

Journalists for Good Governance Shines Searchlight on Local Government Administration

…Calls for Accountability in Nigeria’s Grassroots Governance

 

LAGOS, Nigeria — A civil society coalition known as Journalists for Good Governance(JGG) has intensified public debate on transparency and accountability within Nigeria’s local government system, urging media professionals, civil society actors, and citizens to hold grassroots leaders accountable.

Speaking an event in Lagos recently, the acting chairman of the society, Comrade Bunmi Obarotimi said that despite reforms such as the Supreme Court’s 2024 ruling granting financial autonomy to all 774 Local Government Areas (LGAs), systemic challenges continues to hinder effective service delivery and responsible stewardship of public funds.

“Local governments are the closest tier of government to the people — yet too often they remain the least transparent. Without civic oversight and vibrant media, promises of autonomy ring hollow.” the acting chairman said.

The Journalist for Good Governance emphasised crucial roles that journalists can play in uncovering discrepancies in council spending, flagging poor service delivery, and educating citizens on their rights. Their call comes amid wider efforts by media and civic organisations to bridge accountability gaps. The civil society initiatives had previously launched monitoring campaigns to track local government expenditures and have been quietly advocating for transparency in how public money is deployed.

The leaders of the Journalists for Good Governance (JGG) highlighted the importance of physical assessment and citizens engagement on projects to boost people’s confidence, urging local councils to adopt open data platforms and proactive information dissemination in compliance with the Freedom of Information Act. Experts say the majority of LGAs currently lack operational websites or digital portals, further limiting public scrutiny.

The Journalists for Good Governance initiative aligns with sustained advocacy by civil society groups and governance experts calling for a collective approach to strengthening democratic accountability, and has decided to engage in critical and holistic assessments of how Local Governments is being run and the impact and quality of projects they embark-on and to address deficits in transparency and public trust.
Meanwhile, some state governments have signalled support for improved community engagement. In Lagos State, authorities reiterated a commitment to enhancing community media platforms as vehicles for civic participation and accountability at the grassroots level.

The renewed spotlight on local government administration has reignited public debate over fiscal responsibility and priorities. Controversies such as the widely criticised Adamawa council chairmen’s wives trip to Istanbul — which drew public outrage for perceived misuse of public funds — underscore why watchdog groups say stronger oversight mechanisms are urgently needed at the grassroots.
Citizens and activists have welcomed the journalists’ initiative, calling for sustained media engagement that goes beyond headlines to influence policy and accountability reform.
The civic rights advocates note that real change will require robust legal frameworks, a free press, and empowered communities equipped to demand transparency at every level of governance.
As Journalists for Good Governance mobilises its members, the coming months are likely to see heightened media attention on grassroots administration — from council budgets and service delivery to the enforcement of public information laws and digital transparency initiatives.

Continue Reading

news

ANOTHER PROPHECY FULFILLMENT BY PROPHET KINGSLEY AITAFO OVER THE EXIT OF DR. KENOLY, ANNOUNCING FEBRUARY’S OPEN PROPHETIC REVIVAL

Published

on

ANOTHER PROPHECY FULFILLMENT BY PROPHET KINGSLEY AITAFO OVER THE EXIT OF DR. KENOLY, ANNOUNCING FEBRUARY’S OPEN PROPHETIC REVIVAL

ANOTHER PROPHECY FULFILLMENT BY PROPHET KINGSLEY AITAFO OVER THE EXIT OF DR. KENOLY, ANNOUNCING FEBRUARY’S OPEN PROPHETIC REVIVAL

 

– Another Prophecy Fulfillment by Prophet Kingsley Aitafo Following the Passing of Ron Kenoly Ahead of February Open Prophetic Revival

 

– Prophet Kingsley Aitafo Records Another Prophecy Fulfillment as February Open Prophetic Revival Is Announced

 

In the released prophecies for 2026, renowned Nigerian cleric, Prophet Kingsley Aitafo, shared a series of revelations touching on Nigeria’s economy, global events, political transitions, natural disasters, religious transformations, and the future of world leaders.

 

 

During a special prophetic session, the prophet stated that he foresaw the departure of two world-renowned musicians in 2026 and urged the Nigerian people and the global community to pray for them.

 

ANOTHER PROPHECY FULFILLMENT BY PROPHET KINGSLEY AITAFO OVER THE EXIT OF DR. KENOLY, ANNOUNCING FEBRUARY’S OPEN PROPHETIC REVIVAL

 

He urged Nigerians and everyone around the globe to pray for the musicians, among other prophecies, and already gave insight concerning them.

 

On February 3, 2026, American gospel singer, songwriter, and worship leader Ron Kenoly passed away at the age of 81. Widely known as the “Professor of Praise,” Kenoly was celebrated for anthems such as “Majesty” and “Lift Him Up,” which have significantly influenced modern congregational worship around the world.

 

 

He was recognized as a pioneer of the contemporary praise and worship movement, leading Scripture-based worship services that became widely adopted in churches across different nations and cultures.

 

The development has been described by followers of Prophet Kingsley Aitafo as a confirmation of the prophecy earlier declared in the year.

 

Meanwhile, Prophet Kingsley Aitafo, leader and shepherd in charge of Oneness in Christ, in conjunction with CCC Living Grace Tabernacle, invites everyone to its February Open Revival. It is a prophetic service determined to change lives through miracles, healings, signs, and wonders.

 

 

It is not an ordinary service; it is another time for a divine encounter where your faith is strengthened, prayers are answered, and breakthroughs and favour are about to rain. With its theme — Jesus Christ is the same forever — the revival is promised to release the power of Jesus Christ like never before. It is a period of shift and divine encounter.

 

This revival service is said to hold on the 25th of February, 2026, from 5pm – 8pm at 20, Showole Street, Ewupe, Singer Sango, Ogun State.

 

It is a season where God is ready to reveal Himself like never before. Members of the public are invited to attend.

Continue Reading

news

GEN CHRISTOPHER GWABIN MUSA SUPPORT INITIATIVE COMMENDS STATE-FEDERAL COLLABORATION IN ZAMFARA

Published

on

GEN CHRISTOPHER GWABIN MUSA SUPPORT INITIATIVE COMMENDS STATE-FEDERAL COLLABORATION IN ZAMFARA

 

The Gen Christopher Gwabin Musa Support Initiative (GCGMSI) has commended the Zamfara State Government for its decisive contribution to security operations through the donation of newly acquired armoured personnel carriers (APCs), surveillance drones, and other critical operational equipment to troops and security agencies in the state.

 

This commendation was contained in a statement signed by the Convener of the GCGMSI, Ibrahim Dahiru Danfulani, Sadaukin Garkuwan Keffi/Betara Biu, and made available to the press.

 

The equipment was formally commissioned on Wednesday, February 18, by the Grand Patron of the GCGMSI and Minister of Defence, General Christopher Gwabin Musa, OFR (rtd.), in a ceremony at the Government House, Gusau. The event was attended by senior military officers, heads of security agencies, and top officials of the Zamfara State Government.

 

The GCGMSI, in its statement, hailed the donation as a “transformative and timely intervention” that aligns perfectly with its core objective of advocating for and supporting tangible measures that enhance the operational capacity and welfare of Nigeria’s security forces. The Initiative praised Governor Dauda Lawal’s administration for moving beyond rhetoric to actionable, material support, describing the move as a “blueprint for state-level collaboration in national security.”

 

“The provision of these assets by the Zamfara State Government is a testament to visionary leadership and a profound commitment to the peace and stability of its people,” the GCGMSI statement read. “It represents the exact kind of synergistic partnership between state and federal authorities that the GCGMSI champions. This initiative will significantly close operational gaps, boost the confidence of our gallant troops, and send a strong message to criminal elements.”

 

Speaking at the commissioning, General Musa emphasized that sustained collaboration is indispensable in confronting the nation’s evolving security challenges. He specifically commended Governor Lawal for his proactive support.

 

“Governor Dauda Lawal has demonstrated exemplary leadership and an unwavering dedication to the security of Zamfara State,” the Defence Minister stated. “The provision of these armoured vehicles, surveillance drones, and other operational equipment will undoubtedly boost the morale and operational effectiveness of our troops and other security agencies on the ground. This is a commendable effort that should be emulated by others.”

 

The newly commissioned assets, which include multiple APCs and advanced surveillance drones, are expected to dramatically enhance the mobility, protection, intelligence-gathering, and rapid response capabilities of security forces, particularly in the state’s remote and difficult terrains where anti-banditry operations are ongoing.

 

In his remarks, Governor Lawal reiterated his administration’s steadfast commitment to being a reliable partner in the security architecture. He urged security agencies to deploy the new resources responsibly and effectively to safeguard lives and property.

 

The Federal Government, through the Ministry of Defence, reaffirmed its commitment to continuing and deepening such partnerships with state governments across the nation to strengthen coordination and resource allocation in the collective fight against insecurity.

 

The GCGMSI concluded its statement by urging other state governments to take a cue from Zamfara’s “bold and pragmatic” approach, affirming that such concrete support is vital for achieving lasting peace and security across Nigeria.

Continue Reading

Cover Of The Week

Trending