Allow Dapo Abiodun focus on Good Governance
There have been rumours and apprehension making the rounds in the media space suggesting that governance in Ogun state is on standstill due to the pending appointment of Aides by the newly sworn-in governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun. Some writers even went to the extreme, claiming that the Governor’s failure to appoint Aides barely 7 days after his inauguration means he is displaying the traits of a governor that is ill-prepared for Governance. Nothing can be farther from the truth!
These impressions are not only misleading and untrue, they are also unfortunately coming at a time when Prince Dapo Abiodun is busy attending to critical issues that borders on how to re-energize and strengthen governance structures as against what he met on ground with a view to giving the best to Ogun people who are just coming out of a draconian dispensation experienced under the last regime. The truth is that the Governor is preoccupied with preparing a solid ground for any government appointee to perform excellently and expeditiously when they are eventually announced.
It is true that some key appointments should have been made by now but the circumstances and booby traps created by the past administration must first be cleared. I see Prince Dapo Abiodun as a brilliant and discerning individual whose ability to identify and work with the best hands cannot be questioned. When they are finally unveiled, his appointees will ensure smooth running of the state affairs and daily operations. As an indicator, a quick look into the profile of his newly appointed Chief Press Secretary will give his detractors a clue as to what they should expect.
Lest we forget, Prince Dapo Abiodun was widely accepted by the majority, hence his landslide victory at the poll which saw him attracting over 25 percent votes in all the local governments across the state. Mischief makers are so quick to forget this laudable political feat and are yet to come to terms with the fact that he has a mandate that was duly given to him by the generality of Ogun people, having convinced them of his leadership capabilities and readiness to govern the Gateway state in a more productive and successful manner.
One has no doubt that in a short while, Ogun people will begin to benefit from his government which he has repeatedly promised would be fair, just, equitable and inclusive. A careful look at his early moves will give everyone an impression that he is so keen on how to deliver on his promise which basically centers on giving Ogun State a focused and qualitative governance while creating the enabling environment for a public private sector partnership, which is fundamental to the creation of an enduring economic development and individual prosperity of the people of Ogun.
As we move further, I urge Mr. Governor to remain focused and not be distracted by anyone or any group in his quest to impact positively on the lives of our people in Ogun State.
Qudus Abolaji writes from Abeokuta
FINALLY! ABIODUN SIGNS OGUN INVESTMENT PROMOTION AGENCY, 3 OTHER BILLS INTO LAW
ABIODUN SIGNS OGUN INVESTMENT PROMOTION AGENCY, 3 OTHER BILLS INTO LAW
Edo Police Command Parades 144 Suspects
Rep Member Hold Essay Competition For Constituent
Wellness HMO Again Adopts Three Women for ‘Wellness for Life’
Cover Of The Week
- Big Improvement of International Airport in Malawi by Japan’s Official Development Assistance (ODA) September 20, 2019
- UN Human Rights Council 42: Statement for the Universal Periodic Review on Ethiopia September 20, 2019
- Successful Digital Women Entrepreneurs at UN Assembly September 20, 2019
- As drought compounds security woes, Somalis flee to Ethiopia (By Katie Nguyen) September 20, 2019
- Africa and Europe share Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) experiences September 20, 2019
- Levente Magyar holds talks on Hungary-related business issues in Egypt September 20, 2019
- New ambassadors from Ireland, Namibia and Malaysia September 20, 2019
- Libya: humanitarian operation brings to Italy four Libyan paediatric patients September 20, 2019
- New International Organization for Migration (IOM) Data Collection Reveals Latest Migratory Trends in Mauritania September 20, 2019
- The International Organization for Migration (IOM) Deplores Death of Migrant, Killed Thursday upon Disembarkation in Tripoli September 20, 2019
Business5 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Business6 months ago
News Flash! Ecobank Wins CBN/NIBSS Award For Data Integrity
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Politics4 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS