Ogun State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun says his government will soon make public, its decision on the recommendations of the Olu of Ilaro, Oba Kehinde Olugbenle led Review Committee, set up to look into issues of promotions and appointment of traditional rulers by the last administration.
Governor Abiodun disclosed this during the Statutory Meeting of Ogun State Council of Obas, held at the Obas’ Complex, Oke-Mosan, Abeokuta, assuring that the decisions would be based on justice, fairness and equity.
”The Review Committee set up to look into the issues of appointments and promotions of traditional rulers have submitted their recommendations and we as a government have reviewed and worked on it. I want to assure you that very soon, our decisions will be made Public and be predicated on justice, fairness and equity”, he said.
Abiodun described good governance as a cornerstone of his administration’s mantra of building the State together, adding that the Monarchs were indispensable partners in building a formidable State that would provide opportunities for all, thereby achieving their aspirations of peaceful coexistence and development.
He said government places high premium on the sacred traditional institution, acknowledging their roles and contributions in promoting good governance, particularly, at the grassroots.
Governor Abiodun while tasking them to maintain peace and ensure adequate security of lives and property in their domains, disclosed that a patrol van with communication gadgets and two motorcycles would be given to each Divisional Police Officer in the State, calling on the Paramount rulers to identify land for the construction of low cost housing in their areas.
He assured the Royal Fathers of government’s support and their involvement in subsequent meetings to benefit from their wise counsels.
The Alake of Egbaland and Chairman, Ogun State Council of Obas, Oba Adedotun Aremu Gbadebo, said no government could ignore the roles and contributions of traditional rulers in democracy, as they are the ones familiar with the nooks and crannies of their domains.
Oba Gbadebo highlighted security, Chieftaincy disputes, discipline, acceptable decorum and ethics in traditional institution, disputes over areas of authority, moral decadence among youths, as some of the issues bothering the Monarchs, calling on government to look into them.
Cover Of The Week
- Radio Station Features U.S. Ambassador January 17, 2020
- Statement of Mohamed Ibn Chambas, UN Special Representative for West Africa and The Sahel, on The Gambia January 17, 2020
- Libya: Tens of thousands of children at risk amidst violence and chaos of unrelenting conflict January 17, 2020
- Six months following the enforced disappearance of Siham Sergewa, UNSMIL calls for her immediate release January 17, 2020
- Chinese Embassy launches Training Course on Pottery Production Techniques in Freetown January 17, 2020
- Minister Gould concludes visit to Republic of Congo and Democratic Republic of Congo January 17, 2020
- Ambassador visits Peace Corps Volunteers January 17, 2020
- UN Child Rights Committee to review Austria, Belarus, Costa Rica, Hungary, Rwanda and State of Palestine January 17, 2020
- Tanzania will continue to uphold one-China policy January 17, 2020
- A passion for food wins contest on innovative thinking January 17, 2020
Sports6 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .
celebrity radar - gossips4 weeks ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
news6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria