Ogun State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun says his government will soon make public, its decision on the recommendations of the Olu of Ilaro, Oba Kehinde Olugbenle led Review Committee, set up to look into issues of promotions and appointment of traditional rulers by the last administration.
Governor Abiodun disclosed this during the Statutory Meeting of Ogun State Council of Obas, held at the Obas’ Complex, Oke-Mosan, Abeokuta, assuring that the decisions would be based on justice, fairness and equity.
”The Review Committee set up to look into the issues of appointments and promotions of traditional rulers have submitted their recommendations and we as a government have reviewed and worked on it. I want to assure you that very soon, our decisions will be made Public and be predicated on justice, fairness and equity”, he said.
Abiodun described good governance as a cornerstone of his administration’s mantra of building the State together, adding that the Monarchs were indispensable partners in building a formidable State that would provide opportunities for all, thereby achieving their aspirations of peaceful coexistence and development.
He said government places high premium on the sacred traditional institution, acknowledging their roles and contributions in promoting good governance, particularly, at the grassroots.
Governor Abiodun while tasking them to maintain peace and ensure adequate security of lives and property in their domains, disclosed that a patrol van with communication gadgets and two motorcycles would be given to each Divisional Police Officer in the State, calling on the Paramount rulers to identify land for the construction of low cost housing in their areas.
He assured the Royal Fathers of government’s support and their involvement in subsequent meetings to benefit from their wise counsels.
The Alake of Egbaland and Chairman, Ogun State Council of Obas, Oba Adedotun Aremu Gbadebo, said no government could ignore the roles and contributions of traditional rulers in democracy, as they are the ones familiar with the nooks and crannies of their domains.
Oba Gbadebo highlighted security, Chieftaincy disputes, discipline, acceptable decorum and ethics in traditional institution, disputes over areas of authority, moral decadence among youths, as some of the issues bothering the Monarchs, calling on government to look into them.
Pastor Ize-Iyamu Mocks Edo PDP
The Last Dance of Akinlade/APM Legal Gambit: Time Will Tell
HOW TO STOP FUTURE OTA TOLL GATE DISASTERS – GOV ABIODUN
Delta Muslim Community Visits Labour Minister, Festus Kayamo At Home
Adeshewa Bedspreads and Duvet rolls out Christmas Promo
Cover Of The Week
- Young people take over offices of UNICEF and Uganda Human Rights Commission as they celebrate World Children’s Day November 18, 2019
- The European Union (EU) Ambassador visits Seychelles for the second time in one month: A second visit focused on Maritime Security and Climate Change November 18, 2019
- UNAMID Joint Special Representative to hold press conference in Khartoum November 18, 2019
- Children’s rights progress in the Middle East and North Africa despite lasting inequality and conflict November 18, 2019
- $1 Million Awarded to African Entrepreneurs in Grand Finale of the Jack Ma Foundation Africa Netpreneur Prize Initiative November 17, 2019
- Ethiopia celebrated at World Travel Market November 15, 2019
- Democratic Republic of Congo and IMF Mission Reach an Agreement ad-referendum on Financial Assistance Under the Rapid Credit Facility and a Staff-Monitored Program November 15, 2019
- Foreign Minister Shahid pays a courtesy call on the Prime Minister of Morocco November 15, 2019
- Undersecretary of Ministry of Foreign Affairs for International Affairs meets in Washington with Deputy National Security Advisor for MENA at WHNSC November 15, 2019
- Emergency Response Project for Displaced Communities in Niger Concludes Amid Deteriorating Security Situation November 15, 2019
Business7 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Politics6 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Interviews5 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin
Sports4 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today