Fake news regarding the proposal of the Lagos and Ogun State Governments on one hand and the Federal Government on the other has been spined beyond logic.
For clarity, both states plan to rehabilitate the inter-city roads between Lagos and Ogun state and planned to use PPP to achieve that.
However rather than reporting the response of the Federal Government offer to partner with both states to fix the roads, some unpatriotic media, have started reporting that the proposal was rejected.
Far from the rejection story, the FG is inspired by the offer to repair the road and the offer to partner with the states will be negotiated in a matter of weeks.
The truth is that the news making rounds about the alleged refusal by the Federal Government to give consent over the three federal roads which the Ogun and Lagos State Governors, Dapo Abiodun and Babajide Sanwo-Olu indicated willingness to take over to ease the plight of commuter is fake.
All the three roads including the Ikorodu-Sagamu, Epe-Ijebu Ode and Lagos-Abeokuta Roads are being negotiated for repairs by Ogun, Lagos and the FG now to satisfy the yearnings of the citizenry.
There’s no iota of truth in the news published on an online portal, Daily Post.
The portal wrongly reported that the federal government declined consent to hand over the roads and again wrongly quoted Governor Abiodun of Ogun State as confirming this fake news.
Governor Abiodun never made such a statement, as the Federal Government never declined consent.
According to Governor Abiodun, the federal government is ready to partner with both states on the brilliant intercessory initiative. The Governor in fact disclosed that he, together with his Lagos State counterpart, would very soon be in Abuja to attend a meeting to finalise modalities to effect a partnership with the FG, the original owners of the roads
The general public is therefore urged to disregard the fake news, and be expectant of the promised relief very soon.
Chief Press Secretary to Governor Dapo Abiodun
Pastor Ize-Iyamu Mocks Edo PDP
The Last Dance of Akinlade/APM Legal Gambit: Time Will Tell
HOW TO STOP FUTURE OTA TOLL GATE DISASTERS – GOV ABIODUN
Delta Muslim Community Visits Labour Minister, Festus Kayamo At Home
Adeshewa Bedspreads and Duvet rolls out Christmas Promo
Cover Of The Week
- Young people take over offices of UNICEF and Uganda Human Rights Commission as they celebrate World Children’s Day November 18, 2019
- The European Union (EU) Ambassador visits Seychelles for the second time in one month: A second visit focused on Maritime Security and Climate Change November 18, 2019
- UNAMID Joint Special Representative to hold press conference in Khartoum November 18, 2019
- Children’s rights progress in the Middle East and North Africa despite lasting inequality and conflict November 18, 2019
- $1 Million Awarded to African Entrepreneurs in Grand Finale of the Jack Ma Foundation Africa Netpreneur Prize Initiative November 17, 2019
- Ethiopia celebrated at World Travel Market November 15, 2019
- Democratic Republic of Congo and IMF Mission Reach an Agreement ad-referendum on Financial Assistance Under the Rapid Credit Facility and a Staff-Monitored Program November 15, 2019
- Foreign Minister Shahid pays a courtesy call on the Prime Minister of Morocco November 15, 2019
- Undersecretary of Ministry of Foreign Affairs for International Affairs meets in Washington with Deputy National Security Advisor for MENA at WHNSC November 15, 2019
- Emergency Response Project for Displaced Communities in Niger Concludes Amid Deteriorating Security Situation November 15, 2019
Business7 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Politics6 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Interviews5 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin
Sports4 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today