Fake news regarding the proposal of the Lagos and Ogun State Governments on one hand and the Federal Government on the other has been spined beyond logic.
For clarity, both states plan to rehabilitate the inter-city roads between Lagos and Ogun state and planned to use PPP to achieve that.
However rather than reporting the response of the Federal Government offer to partner with both states to fix the roads, some unpatriotic media, have started reporting that the proposal was rejected.
Far from the rejection story, the FG is inspired by the offer to repair the road and the offer to partner with the states will be negotiated in a matter of weeks.
The truth is that the news making rounds about the alleged refusal by the Federal Government to give consent over the three federal roads which the Ogun and Lagos State Governors, Dapo Abiodun and Babajide Sanwo-Olu indicated willingness to take over to ease the plight of commuter is fake.
All the three roads including the Ikorodu-Sagamu, Epe-Ijebu Ode and Lagos-Abeokuta Roads are being negotiated for repairs by Ogun, Lagos and the FG now to satisfy the yearnings of the citizenry.
There’s no iota of truth in the news published on an online portal, Daily Post.
The portal wrongly reported that the federal government declined consent to hand over the roads and again wrongly quoted Governor Abiodun of Ogun State as confirming this fake news.
Governor Abiodun never made such a statement, as the Federal Government never declined consent.
According to Governor Abiodun, the federal government is ready to partner with both states on the brilliant intercessory initiative. The Governor in fact disclosed that he, together with his Lagos State counterpart, would very soon be in Abuja to attend a meeting to finalise modalities to effect a partnership with the FG, the original owners of the roads
The general public is therefore urged to disregard the fake news, and be expectant of the promised relief very soon.
Chief Press Secretary to Governor Dapo Abiodun
Cover Of The Week
- Radio Station Features U.S. Ambassador January 17, 2020
- Statement of Mohamed Ibn Chambas, UN Special Representative for West Africa and The Sahel, on The Gambia January 17, 2020
- Libya: Tens of thousands of children at risk amidst violence and chaos of unrelenting conflict January 17, 2020
- Six months following the enforced disappearance of Siham Sergewa, UNSMIL calls for her immediate release January 17, 2020
- Chinese Embassy launches Training Course on Pottery Production Techniques in Freetown January 17, 2020
- Minister Gould concludes visit to Republic of Congo and Democratic Republic of Congo January 17, 2020
- Ambassador visits Peace Corps Volunteers January 17, 2020
- UN Child Rights Committee to review Austria, Belarus, Costa Rica, Hungary, Rwanda and State of Palestine January 17, 2020
- Tanzania will continue to uphold one-China policy January 17, 2020
- A passion for food wins contest on innovative thinking January 17, 2020
Sports6 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .
celebrity radar - gossips4 weeks ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
news6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria