Interestingly, The governorship candidate of the All Progressives Party (APC), Prince Dapo Abiodun was, moments ago, endorsed by President Muhammadu Buhari at the just concluded Presidential Rally in Abeokuta.
The National Chairman of APC, Comrade Adams Oshiomole, also presented the symbolic party flag to Abiodun at the well attended rally, which was also witnessed by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, some former and serving state governors and party executives.
In his speech, President Buhari thanked the people of Ogun State for the support given to him in 2015. He reeled out his achievements in the areas of combating insurgency, fighting against corruption, and so on; just he promised to do more.
Against the violence that preceded his arrival at the venue, during which several members of the APC were injured and chased out of the stadium by thugs allegedly sponsored by the State Governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun, President Buhari warned that the choice of who to vote for “is a fundamental human right of the people and that there should be no problems about that at all”. He posited that people should be allowed to freely express their choice by voting their preferred candidate.
Ogun APC Apologises
The Ogun State Caretaker Committee led by Chief Yemi Sanusi tenders unreserved apology to the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, President Muhammadu Buhari over the gross misconduct, indiscipline, disrespect and disorder perpetrated by agents of Governor Amosun today at the MKO Abiola Stadium.
Governor Amosun, using thugs and other urchins wrecked havoc on members and supporters of the All Progressives Congress for wearing yellow vests and caps of Dapo Abiodun.
The thugs at some points, were personally led by Governor Amosun, who was seen on a video that has since gone viral, removing A-Boards and other campaign materials of Dapo Abiodun from the venue. Also members of the Caretaker Committee were debarred from mounting the stage by Amosun’s thugs with obvious compromise of some security agents attached to the Governor.
The unruly acts, not only embarrassed the President and his entourage, but have actually embarrassed the whole people of Ogun State at home and abroad, who have since been expressing their disbelief and disdain.
While tendering this apology, we are happy that the Department of State Security Service and other agencies have details of the sad events, which we urge them to submit to the Presidency.
Ogun APC Executive Caretaker Committee
SANWO-OLU’S CABINET ENDS RETREATS, PLEDGES COMMITMENT TO GREATER LAGOS VISION
ABIODUN PARLEYS WITH CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICERS TUESDAY
PROF. BANJI AKINTOYE: THE NEW LEADER OF YORUBA NATION
Prof Banji Akintoye to address Media on Leadership Issue in Yoruba Land
TRAVEL GIANT PHEMNICK VISITS ORPHANAGE … CELEBRATES ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY IN NIGERIA
Cover Of The Week
- New push for peace in Gogrial, Tonj, Wau as area governors embark on grassroots implementation activities August 23, 2019
- Tanzania: Second journalist arrested in a month must be released unconditionally August 23, 2019
- Merck Foundation in partnership with the First Lady of Malawi launches a children story to teach children and youth family values of love and respect- The Story of Limbani and Takondwa August 23, 2019
- Facebook celebrates 'Icons of Change' from across Sub-Saharan Africa with a Youth Gathering in Accra, Ghana August 23, 2019
- Assistant Foreign Minister Chen Xiaodong Meets with Charles Kayonga, Rwandan Ambassador to Leave August 23, 2019
- UN Commission on Human Rights in South Sudan: Localization of conflict and unaddressed community grievances serve as barriers to sustainable peace August 23, 2019
- Alternatives to Irregular Migration: International Organization for Migration (IOM) Launches Vocational Training Programme for Gambians August 23, 2019
- Innovative Inclusive Approach to Strengthen Community Cohesion in Chad August 23, 2019
- Launch of the Advancing Economic Diversification in Ethiopia Project August 23, 2019
- School closures in West and Central Africa triple since 2017, as education comes under fire across the region August 23, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips7 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized6 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Business4 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others