Some Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) lawmakers in the Ekiti State House of Assembly have started their defection to the All Progressives Congress (APC), as leadership crisis rocks the state’s chapter of the PDP.
This is just as the party has inaugurated a seven-member committee to look into the allegation of anti-party activities levelled against some members of the House of Assembly.
The State Chairman, Mr Gboyega Oguntuase, who inaugurated the committee with a charge to do the assignment without fear of favour, said the constitution of the party must guide the panel in its decisions.
However, as the panel listed Honourables Posi Omodara, Segun Adewumi, Fajana Ojo Ade, Badejo Anifowose, Olayode Omotoso, Cecelia Dada and Olanrewaju Olayanju to appear before it on Tuesday, the affected lawmakers have perfected plans to start defecting to the APC.
Dada, one of the two female lawmakers and a former staunch supporter of former Governor Ayodele Fayose, on Monday announced her defection from the PDP.
It was gathered that other lawmakers who have been sitting on the fence would follow suit.
The crisis in the party is due to the fight for supremacy between Fayose and Senator Abiodun Olujimi.
Both are claiming to be the authentic leader of the party in the state.
The situation is affecting the preparations of the party for the coming general elections.
Fayose has even taken to the social media to campaign against the re-election of Olujimi to the Senate.
Incidentally, Olujimi served as a deputy to Fayose during his first term in office
Billionaire Ned Nwoko Picks Award
COURT OF APPEAL VALIDATES DAPO ABIODUN’S VICTORY
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Nigeria Prolific Actor, Film-Maker, TV Host Uzee Usman Marks Birthday Today (Photos)
In Niger: Government of Canada Demonstrates It’s Commitment To The Fight Against Polio And Strengthening Routine Immunizations
THE CHILDREN OF USMAN DAN FODIO AND THE MANIFESTATION OF THE FULANI EMPIRE
Cover Of The Week
- Craft, Create, Curate; Personalise and print from hundreds of designs with the Canon Creative Park app November 11, 2019
- 2019 African Investment Forum builds on 2018 successes, attracts growing international interest November 11, 2019
- Remembrance Day luncheon remembers service and sacrifice of Veterans in Ghana November 11, 2019
- 2019 Africa Visa Openness Index: African Union Commission, African Development Bank report shows wins in visa restrictions across Africa November 11, 2019
- Kolisi thanks South Africa for “unbelievable support” on Trophy Tour November 11, 2019
- GE Healthcare Launches Versana Premier and Versana Essential Ultrasound Machines to Drive Access to Affordable and Quality Healthcare in Uganda November 11, 2019
- United Nations officials welcome the signing of an Action Plan to fight sexual violence by the Congolese National Police November 11, 2019
- Black Stallions finished 8th as Kenya qualifies for Japan 2020 Olympics November 11, 2019
- 2019 Africa Investment Forum Kicks Off Delivering on the Promise to Redefine and Unpack the Continent’s Investment Opportunities November 11, 2019
- Leaving no girl behind: Merck Foundation in partnership with the First Lady of Malawi, motivate girls to pursue sciences November 11, 2019
Business6 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Politics5 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Interviews5 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin
Sports4 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today