Some Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) lawmakers in the Ekiti State House of Assembly have started their defection to the All Progressives Congress (APC), as leadership crisis rocks the state’s chapter of the PDP.
This is just as the party has inaugurated a seven-member committee to look into the allegation of anti-party activities levelled against some members of the House of Assembly.
The State Chairman, Mr Gboyega Oguntuase, who inaugurated the committee with a charge to do the assignment without fear of favour, said the constitution of the party must guide the panel in its decisions.
However, as the panel listed Honourables Posi Omodara, Segun Adewumi, Fajana Ojo Ade, Badejo Anifowose, Olayode Omotoso, Cecelia Dada and Olanrewaju Olayanju to appear before it on Tuesday, the affected lawmakers have perfected plans to start defecting to the APC.
Dada, one of the two female lawmakers and a former staunch supporter of former Governor Ayodele Fayose, on Monday announced her defection from the PDP.
It was gathered that other lawmakers who have been sitting on the fence would follow suit.
The crisis in the party is due to the fight for supremacy between Fayose and Senator Abiodun Olujimi.
Both are claiming to be the authentic leader of the party in the state.
The situation is affecting the preparations of the party for the coming general elections.
Fayose has even taken to the social media to campaign against the re-election of Olujimi to the Senate.
Incidentally, Olujimi served as a deputy to Fayose during his first term in office
TRAVEL GIANT PHEMNICK VISITS ORPHANAGE … CELEBRATES ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY IN NIGERIA
Ogun to Demolish Houses That Habour Kidnappers, Sets Up Trust Fund
Fashion Your Way To Fame With Scissor Reality Show
LAGOS FIRST LADY RAISES HOPE OF IMPROVED ACCESS TO QUALITY HEALTHCARE
Emirates Aviation University introduces a special package for international students
Cover Of The Week
- New push for peace in Gogrial, Tonj, Wau as area governors embark on grassroots implementation activities August 23, 2019
- Tanzania: Second journalist arrested in a month must be released unconditionally August 23, 2019
- Merck Foundation in partnership with the First Lady of Malawi launches a children story to teach children and youth family values of love and respect- The Story of Limbani and Takondwa August 23, 2019
- Facebook celebrates 'Icons of Change' from across Sub-Saharan Africa with a Youth Gathering in Accra, Ghana August 23, 2019
- Assistant Foreign Minister Chen Xiaodong Meets with Charles Kayonga, Rwandan Ambassador to Leave August 23, 2019
- UN Commission on Human Rights in South Sudan: Localization of conflict and unaddressed community grievances serve as barriers to sustainable peace August 23, 2019
- Alternatives to Irregular Migration: International Organization for Migration (IOM) Launches Vocational Training Programme for Gambians August 23, 2019
- Innovative Inclusive Approach to Strengthen Community Cohesion in Chad August 23, 2019
- Launch of the Advancing Economic Diversification in Ethiopia Project August 23, 2019
- School closures in West and Central Africa triple since 2017, as education comes under fire across the region August 23, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized6 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Business4 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others