Some Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) lawmakers in the Ekiti State House of Assembly have started their defection to the All Progressives Congress (APC), as leadership crisis rocks the state’s chapter of the PDP.
This is just as the party has inaugurated a seven-member committee to look into the allegation of anti-party activities levelled against some members of the House of Assembly.
The State Chairman, Mr Gboyega Oguntuase, who inaugurated the committee with a charge to do the assignment without fear of favour, said the constitution of the party must guide the panel in its decisions.
However, as the panel listed Honourables Posi Omodara, Segun Adewumi, Fajana Ojo Ade, Badejo Anifowose, Olayode Omotoso, Cecelia Dada and Olanrewaju Olayanju to appear before it on Tuesday, the affected lawmakers have perfected plans to start defecting to the APC.
Dada, one of the two female lawmakers and a former staunch supporter of former Governor Ayodele Fayose, on Monday announced her defection from the PDP.
It was gathered that other lawmakers who have been sitting on the fence would follow suit.
The crisis in the party is due to the fight for supremacy between Fayose and Senator Abiodun Olujimi.
Both are claiming to be the authentic leader of the party in the state.
The situation is affecting the preparations of the party for the coming general elections.
Fayose has even taken to the social media to campaign against the re-election of Olujimi to the Senate.
Incidentally, Olujimi served as a deputy to Fayose during his first term in office
Abel Olasunkanmi Ayen: A HONOR WELL DESERVED
Ogun: NO ETHNIC AGENDA PLEASE
“How The God of T.B. Joshua Saved me from Fatal Accident’- Engr. Akinbola Fatiregun
2019 HAJJ: 550 OGUN PILGRIMS ARRIVE SAUDI
Taye currency, Aroleowo,Lyta,Lanre Teriba,Femi solar, Others Set To Take Ibadan By Storm At Unscarred Concert
Cover Of The Week
- Sustainable Development Goal 8 (SDG8) plays pivotal role in efforts to achieve 2030 Agenda, says Chinganya July 19, 2019
- July 23 Briefing with Ambassador Tibor P. Nagy, Assistant Secretary, Bureau of African Affairs and Constance Hamilton Assistant U.S. Trade Representative for Africa July 19, 2019
- Security Council Press Statement on Abyei July 19, 2019
- Rugby: Zambia turns focus on Kenya meet July 19, 2019
- ENGIE and Meridiam achieve financial close for two solar photovoltaic projects in Senegal July 19, 2019
- Building Shelters for Vulnerable Displaced Persons in Burkina Faso July 19, 2019
- Merck Foundation partners with the First Lady of Malawi to build healthcare capacity and break infertility stigma in the country July 19, 2019
- 2019 OFID Annual Award for Development recognizes Vida Duti’s remarkable water and sanitation work in Ghana July 19, 2019
- The OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) launches new strategy, sets sights on sustainable growth and maximum development impact July 19, 2019
- Embiid, Bosh, Brogdon, Deng And Dieng Headline Basketball Without Borders Africa 2019 In Senegal July 19, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized5 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Business3 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime3 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others