Some Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) lawmakers in the Ekiti State House of Assembly have started their defection to the All Progressives Congress (APC), as leadership crisis rocks the state’s chapter of the PDP.
This is just as the party has inaugurated a seven-member committee to look into the allegation of anti-party activities levelled against some members of the House of Assembly.
The State Chairman, Mr Gboyega Oguntuase, who inaugurated the committee with a charge to do the assignment without fear of favour, said the constitution of the party must guide the panel in its decisions.
However, as the panel listed Honourables Posi Omodara, Segun Adewumi, Fajana Ojo Ade, Badejo Anifowose, Olayode Omotoso, Cecelia Dada and Olanrewaju Olayanju to appear before it on Tuesday, the affected lawmakers have perfected plans to start defecting to the APC.
Dada, one of the two female lawmakers and a former staunch supporter of former Governor Ayodele Fayose, on Monday announced her defection from the PDP.
It was gathered that other lawmakers who have been sitting on the fence would follow suit.
The crisis in the party is due to the fight for supremacy between Fayose and Senator Abiodun Olujimi.
Both are claiming to be the authentic leader of the party in the state.
The situation is affecting the preparations of the party for the coming general elections.
Fayose has even taken to the social media to campaign against the re-election of Olujimi to the Senate.
Incidentally, Olujimi served as a deputy to Fayose during his first term in office
Cover Of The Week
- Speech by H.E. Ms. Jacobsen at Arusha Technical College Graduation Ceremony January 29, 2020
- UAE has prioritised relations with African countries: His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed January 29, 2020
- Santu Mofokeng (1956–2020) January 29, 2020
- Cubans and Namibians commemorate the Birth of the Apostle January 29, 2020
- Remarks by the Spokesperson of the Chinese Embassy in Zambia on the Outbreak of Pneumonia caused by the Novel Coronavirus January 29, 2020
- Egypt: African Development Bank approves $22 million to expand leasing financing to corporates and SMEs January 29, 2020
- Blitzboks excited to restore pride January 29, 2020
- ‘Agriculture is the most important business in the world,’ African Development Bank President Akinwumi Adesina tells students January 29, 2020
- The NBA is hiring a Marketing Lead, Basketball Africa League (BAL) January 29, 2020
- Secretary Pompeo’s Meeting with Benin President Talon January 29, 2020
Sports6 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
news6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria