Connect with us
Advertisment

Metro

Another Gang Rape Of A 13- Year – Old Girl in Lagos!

Published

on


…..Police Nab One Suspect,victim Critical In Hospital

Advertisment

No fewer than 7days after the Inspector General Of Police , IGP Adamu Mohammad ,vowed to apprehend fleeing suspects that gang raped and murdered 12year Old Favour Ikechukwu at Ejigbo area of Lagos, another minor,a 13years old JSS 3 student , Adepeju Adebayo, was allegedly subjected to a brutal and bloody rape that left her partially paralyzed in the hospital.

The said gang rape which has elicited wide criticism and condemnation from residents, was said to have been perpetuated on Tuesday, October, 6th, 2020, at The Cool Tervan Hotel, Oremeji street, off Isuti road, Egan, Igando.

Advertisment

Saharaweekly gathered that Some angry residents had trooped to Igando Police Station to register their displeasure over what they tagged ‘ a despicable wicked Act to a minor ‘ .

They were said to have praised the resilience of the Divisional Police Officer, CSP Taiwo Kasumu and his operatives, whose prompt response, they said, led to early apprehending of the kingpin of the gang identified as Toheeb Mustapha , known as ” Sir Small ” in the crime world

While expressing worries on how the victim, said to be residing in the same street where the hotel is located, was lured by the gang into the hotel unnoticed by the management,the residents appealed to the Police Authorities, to further investigate the circumstances surrounding the crime and alleged untoward activities going on in the hotel.

Advertisement

Our undercover reporter who visited the hotel , learnt that one of the fleeing gang member named Sukomi, alias “Ikamula or G33 ,a motor Mechanic by profession and ex student of Edu Grammar school, now residing at Ita Alhaji street, ikotun , had earlier booked a room in the hotel on Monday, October 5th, 2020, to prepare the ground for their dastardly actions.

It was further learnt that on Tuesday afternoon, while the victim’s Mother had gone out in search of her family’s daily bread, “Sir Small ” said to be the gang leader and master mind of the rape, had creeped into the victim’s house and lured her into the hotel, where they were said to have taken turns in raping her until she started bleeding profusely , coupled with the excruciating and agonizing pain she revealed she felt on the lower region of her abdomen .

Sensing danger, the gang was said to have waited until night, as they quickly packaged and dumped their bleeding victim in front of her house. According to a resident, who spoke to our correspondent on the grounds of anonymity, for fear of reprisal attack, he said, “When we assisted the Police to arrest the fleeing ” Sir Small” , the gang leader , he confirmed that he is a Generator mechanic and a resident of Alfa Iganna street, Odo, Egan.

He claimed to have graduated from Russell Grammar school in 2018, where he said he met the girl they raped. though he said that they were not friends back then.” Our Source also stated that the 20 years old suspect, “Sir small ” who confessed to the crime,denied any ritual connotation or deployment of charms or “juju” in perpetrating the crime.

He claimed he reestablished contact with the victim, two years after he left school,through her phone contact that he collected from the victims school mate.

According to our source, the master mind of the rape said he regretted his actions while the victim was protesting , however he denied that the girl was a virgin before the rape .

At the Isuti Road Health Center, where the victim was initially rushed to, due to what a nurse described as excessive bleeding, Adepo was seen soaked in her own blood, while reeling in pains.

She was said to have told her how distraught mother, that she met ” Sir Small ” on Facebook before the incident. A hospital source confirmed that despite the bleeding and pain the victim was undergoing, she was stitched three places on her virgina before she was transferred to Mirabel medical facility on Friday for further investigations and treatment.

Enquiries made by our Correspondent through text message to the state Police Command spokesman, SP Olumuyiwa Adejobi,was not responded to, at the time of going to press.

It would be recalled that the Lagos State Police Commissioner, CP Hakeem Odumosu, had recently paid a visit on behalf of the IGP to late Favour’s family in Lagos , where he vowed to arrest the culprits, promising that the police would leave no stone unturned to fish out the culprits.
Favour was gang-raped to death by some unscrupulous elements on September 30, 2020, at Olanrewaju Street, Ejigbo area of Lagos State.
Odumosu, who delivered the condolence message to the parents of the deceased, on behalf of the IGP,assured the family that the Nigeria Police would do the needful to apprehend everyone involved in the barbaric act and get justice for Favour.

Odumosu, while promising the family of police constant support, directed the Deputy Commissioner of Police incharge of State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department, DCP Yetunde Longe, who accompanied him, to deploy additional detectives from her office to go after the fleeing culprits and subject them to prosecution as soon as possible.

Advertisment

Sahara weekly online is published by First Sahara weekly international. contact saharaweekly@yahoo.com

Metro

Mende Estate: Lagos homeowners decry demolition, seek compensation

Published

on

Mende Estate: Lagos homeowners decry demolition, seek compensation

Mende Estate: Lagos homeowners decry demolition, seek compensation

 

Advertisment

Sadly, the residents of Mende Estate Villa in the Maryland area of Lagos State have decried the recent demolition of their multimillion naira houses in the area by the Lagos State Government while seeking compensation for a new shelter.

 

Advertisment

 

 

Our correspondent, who visited the area on Sunday, observed how the estate’s homes were destroyed and how the occupants hastily packed their possessions to leave.

Advertisement

 

 

 

Speaking with PUNCH Metro, some residents bemoaned how terrible it was to exit their houses without having a backup plan and a comfortable place to sleep.

 

 

 

 

PUNCH Metro had reported that the state Commissioner of Environment and Water Resources, Tokunbo Wahab, had said the demolition was needed to reclaim the Odo Iya Laro drainage channel.

 

Also, a popular Nigerian singer, Yemi Alade, had decried the demolition carried out at the estate while stating that such action would discourage those interested in investing in real estate in the state.

A member of the resident association who pleaded anonymity claimed that the residents tried to negotiate with the Lagos State Government but were ignored and that they were not given any prior notice before the demolition began on Saturday.

“The Lagos State Government came and said they wanted to demolish the place. They did not serve us any letter of demolition. We were negotiating with the government yesterday (on Saturday), and before we knew it, they just moved in with their bulldozer.”

 

He added that although there were miscreants in the estate, the security guards were making every effort to stop them from stealing their possessions.

“They have not told us what they want the estate for. All they said was that we were too close to the canal. Miscreants are everywhere, and the security officers are trying to prevent them from stealing anything because residents’ properties are scattered everywhere,” he lamented.

Another resident in the area, simply identified as Kayode, said the government asserted that the houses were too close to the canal and that they had yet to discuss with the residents.

Kayode added, “Nothing has been said so far. We are hoping that they will come and have a discussion with us. For now, all we know is that we have to move out. They do not care where we will move. They have started demolishing areas around a bridge in the area, and we never thought it would get to our area.”

 

He stated that the issue might potentially end in court, and he was hoping that the appropriate party would win.

“They said the houses are too close to the canal, but they should have known before now because before we all built all the houses, we got approval from the government. I am sure the issue will end up in court, and the court can decide who they think is right,“ he said.

Another resident, simply identified as Tega, claimed that the residents’ biggest nightmare came true when the government gave them two hours to leave their houses.

 

 

 

She said, “We did not get any prior notification. They gave us two hours to exit the estate. They told us yesterday (on Saturday). Most people have moved out since then, and we are just trying to get the pieces today. It is the worst nightmare for some of the families here.”

When contacted, the Commissioner for Information, Gbenga Omotoso, stated that before the demolition, several meetings were held with the residents.

Omotoso said, “The government cannot be so heartless as to tell people to leave their homes in two hours. The Commissioner for Environment was on Arise News Television this morning (Sunday), and he explained everything.

“He explained how many years they had been at it, even before he came to office. On his social media page, he released a series of videos of meetings he had with them.

He added that the state Commissioner of Environment and Water Resources paid a visit to the estate two weeks ago and engaged in negotiations with the residents, adding that the community at large needed to be prevented from flooding.

“He was there last week and two weeks ago. It is not true that they were given two hours. They have been negotiating with them, but the thing is, we do not look at the larger picture.

“If we say one house must stay and the whole community will have to suffer when there is flooding, then that is not right. No one can exit them without prior notice in a country that is governed by law. Should they be compensated for building on drainage channels? I have never heard of that, and the law does not say so.”

 

@PUNCHNG

Advertisment
Continue Reading

Metro

Unknown Gunmen kill local vigilante

Published

on

Unknown Gunmen kill local vigilante

Unknown Gunmen kill local vigilante

 

Advertisment

 

 

Advertisment

Unknown Gunmen have reportedly killed a member of a local vigilante and injured three others in Bakutumbe village, Ningi Local Government Area of Bauchi State.

 

Unknown Gunmen kill local vigilante

Advertisement

 

 

The incident was said to have occurred at the weekend.

 

 

 

It was reported that the assailants, who also abducted four villagers, unleashed terror by shooting sporadically upon their arrival in the community.

A village source told DAILY POST that the gunmen headed towards Lukutu Forest after leaving the village.

He said one of the victims shot, Malam Dan Ladiyo, lost his life, while the wounded, namely Habila Garba, Nura Yakubu, and Sam’ana, are currently undergoing treatment at a medical facility.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Bauchi State Police Command is yet to confirm the incident.

When contacted, the spokesman of the Command, Ahmed Wakil, did not respond to calls and messages.

 

Advertisment
Continue Reading

Metro

Kemta-Ilugun-Obantoko road re-construction nearing completion as residents laud Abiodun

Published

on

Go after killers of Fatinoyes, Abiodun tells police

Kemta-Ilugun-Obantoko road re-construction nearing completion as residents laud Abiodun

Abiodun

Advertisment

The re-construction of Kemta-Ilugun-Somorin-Obantoko road in Abeokuta by the administration of Governor Dapo Abiodun has reached 80 percent completion stage.

The 6.9km road serves as a major bypass linking Obantoko with Kemta-Idiaba.

Advertisment

 

Abiodun

Repair work on the road has already increased economic and social activities of the adjoining communities.

Advertisement

Sequel to the construction of the road, hotels, shopping complexes, private schools and modern buildings have been springing up in the area.

 

 

 

Residents of the area have been upbeat and happy that the construction of the road has become a reality after waiting endlessly for succour which did not come until Governor Abiodun came to their rescue.

Some residents said they had hoped that the location of the residence of Nobel Laurette, Professor Wole Soyinka in the area would spur the state government to do the road.

 

 

 

 

 

The residents also expressed surprise that the road construction is being done without their houses being demolished because, the immediate past government of governor Ibikunle Amosun had earmarked some houses for demolition to pave the way for the road project.

An excited resident, Mr Abimbola Ogunmuyiwa, said the new road had brought development to the area in different dimensions.

 

 

 

 

 

Ogunmuyiwa said: “We are very grateful to the administration of Governor Abiodun for this particular road construction which has improved life in communities in this area in no small measure.

“Before this road was constructed, getting home after the day’s work was very difficult but now you are at the Federal Medical Centre within 10 to 15 minutes, unlike before when you spent hours.”

 

 

 

 

 

A journalist, Ernest Nwokolo, who lives at Ilugun, said the construction of the road was a big relief to residents of his area.

Nwokolo said: “Though the road is not yet 100 per cent completed, it has been of tremendous help to the people and it has increased the value of properties in the area.

 

 

 

 

 

“With the construction of the road, one can now keep appointments because one does not need to wait for a very long time before getting vehicles to Idiaba and from there to other parts of Abeokuta metropolis.

“For those who drive their own vehicles, relief has come for them because it will now save them the money being spent on spare parts to repair their vehicles.

 

 

 

 

“Apart from saving the man-hours being spent before bursting out at Kemta Junction, the road has made the value of properties to appreciate. A plot of land that was being sold for N500,000 in 2018 is now being sold for N3million and above depending on how close it is to the main road. Some are sold for as much as N5million.”

The impact of the road is not only being felt by residents of the communities as people who commute daily from Osiele, Camp and Obantoko are now enjoying these dividends of democracy as the long man-hours being wasted in traffic on Obantoko-Asero-Adatan Road, is now over.

 

 

 

 

Dr Adewunmi Ayodele, a lecturer at the Federal College of Education, Osiele and whose house is at Laderin, said the road was a major relief for him and others that are living in the metropolis but working at either FCE or Federal University of Agriculture.

He said: “Before this road was constructed, I used to leave my house at Laderin by 6:15am and I won’t get to the office earlier than 8:30am due to the long hours spent on the deplorable Asero/Obantoko Road.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“But now, I can leave my house at past seven and get to my office earlier than before because with this road, I just burst out at Somorin and off I go to Camp. It is a great relief for me and others working at Osiele and Camp axis.”

Also speaking on the impact of the road, a taxi driver, Mr Mudashiru Alao, commended Governor Abiodun for a job well done.

 

 

 

 

 

According to Alao, he can now carry passengers directly from Lafenwa to Osiele in a shorter time, unlike before when he spent hours in traffic.

Alao, who said the road is now an outer ring road to Abeokuta from Idiaba to Somorin Obantoko, expressed delight that his income had increased because he now prefers to ply Lafenwa/Obantoko/Osiele directly without wasting too much time in traffic, stating that people should reward the good work by supporting Abiodun’s second term election bid.

Advertisment
Continue Reading

Cover Of The Week

Trending