As Christians in Nigeria join their counterparts across the world to celebrate Easter, Lagos State Governor, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode has called on Nigerians to imbibe the spirit of tolerance, peaceful co-existence and sacrifice for one another, which Jesus Christ demonstrated throughout his period on earth.
The Governor, in his Easter message signed by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Habib Aruna, said the celebration of the resurrection of Christ which the season represents, should be a constant reminder for everyone to extend the virtues of selflessness, love, sacrifice and tolerance.
He particularly urged Christians to use the season as a period to reflect on their individual and collective roles towards promoting and sustaining the foundation of love, peace and harmony in the nation.
“We must therefore see this period as a time that presents us the viable opportunity to think about how we can help to steer our nation back on the road to peace, stability and prosperity, by working in the spirit of togetherness because no nation can make any meaningful progress in an atmosphere riddled with pockets of violence and killings,” the Governor said.
He said with the elections over, it was time for every Nigerian, to unite together and eschew bitterness along ethnic and religious lines for the sake of a more prosperous Nigeria, adding that no challenge is insurmountable where unity of purpose thrives.
“The elections have come and gone, we must not allow our political leanings determine our actions. The Nigeria we desire will only be a reality if all hands are on deck towards achieving a peaceful, united, strong, progressive and prosperous country. This is the time for us to avoid all divisive, parochial, ethnic and religious sentiments and rivalries, and begin to live more harmoniously with one another, as Jesus Christ enjoined us to,” he said.
Governor Ambode also commended Lagosians for the sustained peaceful co-existence that the State has experienced since the commencement of his administration despite being home to multi ethnic, cultural and religious diversities.
While wishing all Lagosians a happy Easter celebration, Governor Ambode assured residents that his administration would continue to work for the greater good of the State until he exits office.
Abel Olasunkanmi Ayen: A HONOR WELL DESERVED
Ogun: NO ETHNIC AGENDA PLEASE
“How The God of T.B. Joshua Saved me from Fatal Accident’- Engr. Akinbola Fatiregun
2019 HAJJ: 550 OGUN PILGRIMS ARRIVE SAUDI
Taye currency, Aroleowo,Lyta,Lanre Teriba,Femi solar, Others Set To Take Ibadan By Storm At Unscarred Concert
Cover Of The Week
- Sustainable Development Goal 8 (SDG8) plays pivotal role in efforts to achieve 2030 Agenda, says Chinganya July 19, 2019
- July 23 Briefing with Ambassador Tibor P. Nagy, Assistant Secretary, Bureau of African Affairs and Constance Hamilton Assistant U.S. Trade Representative for Africa July 19, 2019
- Security Council Press Statement on Abyei July 19, 2019
- Rugby: Zambia turns focus on Kenya meet July 19, 2019
- ENGIE and Meridiam achieve financial close for two solar photovoltaic projects in Senegal July 19, 2019
- Building Shelters for Vulnerable Displaced Persons in Burkina Faso July 19, 2019
- Merck Foundation partners with the First Lady of Malawi to build healthcare capacity and break infertility stigma in the country July 19, 2019
- 2019 OFID Annual Award for Development recognizes Vida Duti’s remarkable water and sanitation work in Ghana July 19, 2019
- The OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) launches new strategy, sets sights on sustainable growth and maximum development impact July 19, 2019
- Embiid, Bosh, Brogdon, Deng And Dieng Headline Basketball Without Borders Africa 2019 In Senegal July 19, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized5 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Business3 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime3 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others