Delectable Joy Ubeku is arguably one of the leading International Models cum actress doing Nigeria proud. In this exclusive chat with Sahara Weekly NG, she opened up on her life and career…excerpts.
What inspired you/ why did you choose to pursue a career in modeling?
I have always wanted to be a model but I never gave much importance to it, So after my first beauty pageant, I had the confidence and push realize my dreams through modeling
In your own experience as a model for all the years you have been a model, how can you describe the African modeling industry?
Compare to ten/five years ago I’ll say the improvement is fascinating.
You have won special awards over the years in the modelling industry and also walked on international fashion shows, but what does winning those awards and participating on those international shows mean to you?
It’s an indescribable feeling, But in all, I’m thankful!
Describe the feeling of working with international fashion designers and also having an opportunity to walk on international fashion shows?
I remembered walking for this Designer after being rejected by one, and the same week she had massive orders for that same outfit, And that feeling supersedes all the racism/rejections I faced while on that journey..
Shows you have walked on.
BAFS Malawi, International Fashion Week Dubai, International Fashion Week Milan, Seychelles Fashion Week, Accra Fashion Week, Runway Ghana, BG Fashion Show KDV fashion show to mention a few.
How many brand names have you modelled for?
LK( Malawi ) Deshe collection, (Ghana) House of Micky(Ghana)Unik fashion(Togo) Allan David collection(Ghana) Obaa Tuntum (Ghana) house of maysan,(Nigeria) Monsio Couture(Liberia) Dreams by nanna Nilson Bennetten collection(Ghana) apompidouecofashion(Italy) Chona Bacaoco (Milan) Ali Asaad(Syria/Dubai) Rozeen dow (Palestine) Roupak Jamshidi (Iran) Hanan Al Bitar (Syria/Dubai) Rimma Banetti (Russia) Said Omari ( Syria / Dubai) Aizada Akmatalieva(Dubai) Vision care (Seychelles) Aniella chetty (Seychelles) Mshade (S.A) Del Afrique (Nigeria) Sitgon Afrique (Nigeria) Lindiwe Gigaba(S.A) Sulungile mokoena(S.A) Johanna didon(Seychelles) Unalisa(S.A)
Mervin Cedras (Seychelles) mokoena(S.A) Johanna didon(Seychelles Mervin Cedras (Seychelles) to mention a few.
Your last show and how was the experience?
My last show was in Malawi and it was amazing, in all the countries I have visited Malawi is one peaceful place I’ll love to visit again and again!
Two things I wanna do, Continue making movies and also launching my clothing line.
What advice would you give African women who have a passion for modeling and are trying to make it in the modeling world?
Don’t let your race, color, height, religion, or anyone stop you. Be prepared for whatever that’s gonna come your way cause it’s definitely going to come( criticism, rejection, racism etc) Always remember black don’t crack.
Cover Of The Week
- City of Cape Town Partners with African Energy Week 2021 for the Continent's Premier Energy Event October 20, 2021
- Health data privacy protection is pivotal to health equity in Africa (By Christopher A. LeGrand, Rachel Clad and Ruan Viljoen) October 20, 2021
- International Islamic Trade Finance Corporation (ITFC) Signs a Euro 100 million Murabaha Financing Agreement with SENELEC, Dedicated to Support Senegal's Energy Sector October 20, 2021
- Paradigm Initiative releases short film 'FOCUS' urging citizen vigilance to protect digital rights October 20, 2021
- Canada-Africa collaboration: Prime Minister Justin Trudeau to address Africa Accelerating 2021 October 20, 2021
- QSL Gas & Power CEO Positions Natural Gas at the Center of Africa's Energy Transition at African Energy Week in Cape Town October 20, 2021
- Africa Oil Week to Highlight Unrivalled Opportunities, Driving Investment and Deal-Making Across the African Continent October 20, 2021
- Automatic inspection system for imagePRESS C10010VP Series enhanced to read variable data, barcodes and QR codes October 20, 2021
- Top 26 Young Entrepreneurs in Africa Selected for New Three-Year Anzisha Prize Fellowships October 20, 2021
- Direct Carrier Billing Index reveals the most favorable countries for DCB growth in the MEA region October 20, 2021
Fashion/Lifestyle6 months ago
How To Make a Girl Horny Fast – 9 Easy Tricks
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Odumeje, Rita Edochie Reject Ada Jesus Plea, Insist No Cure Unless (Video)
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Mother Narrates How She Caught Actor, Baba Ijesha Defiling Her Daughter
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
The Intriguing Story Of Prophet Jeremiah Asuquo