Bakers Appeals To FG To Intervene On Unjustifiable Increase In Materials
……Threatens To Embark On Indefinite Strike If Their Is No Solutions
LAGOS — The Bakers in Lagos State have once again called on the federal government to intervene on unnecessary and unjustifiable increase in the price of baking materials. The association of master bakers and caterer of Nigeria, Lagos State, kosofe and surulere branches, Mr Akintola Taiwo and Comrade Ibitoye Oladapo on the 20th of August 17, 2020, in several occasions had cried out to the federal government to intervene, in the increment of the baking materials, the situation as however deteriorated since then as price of baking materials had refused to reduce or maintain a fixed price.
According to Mr Akintola Taiwo and Comrade Ibitoye Oladapo, A bag of flour rose from #13000 to #19000. A bag of sugar also rose from #14000 to #22000 at the moment. Butter #10000 to #14000, Milk #52000 to #70000, nylon 100kg rose from #180000 to 100kg is #255000,and also the price of salt, yeast, vegetable oil has also increased drastically.
The association on it own part refused to increase the price of any of her products because this would have a negative impact on the economy. The association would have no other choice than to increase the price of bread anytime from now as the prices of baking materials refuse to go down. This is because many of our members are no longer making profit and are in huge debt, as a result of the continuous increase of baking materials.
The association had also on several occasions met with Millers to discuss and find solutions to the continuous increase in the price of flour, but the Millers on their part have been unyielding in finding lasting solutions to this problem. Millers continue to shift the blame of continuous increment in foreign exchange on the incessant increment in the price of flour. The association is of the option that Millers are comfortable with continuous increment that is the reason they are not finding a solution to the problem.
In this wise, we solicit an immediate intervention to solve all these problems combating the bakers association by the government which will be a great impart on the masses, economic and households.
Cover Of The Week
- Nearly 1 in 2 South African households is subscribed to SVOD September 21, 2021
- Recent political and community leaders retreat in Greater Pibor tackles issue of child marriages September 20, 2021
- Liberia: Ministry of Health, Consortium on Newborn Screening in Africa (CONSA) Launch Newborn Screening for Sickle Cell Disease In Liberia September 20, 2021
- Liberia: Ministry of Health, Liberia Board for Nursing and Midwifery (LBNM) Launch Digital Online Licensing Examinations System September 20, 2021
- Equatorial Guinea Secretary of State of Planning Will Lead a Strong Finance Delegation to African Energy Week in Cape Town September 20, 2021
- Prime Minister of Uganda Meets Ambassador of Qatar September 20, 2021
- Coronavirus - Zambia: COVID-19 Statistics Daily Status Update (20 September 2021) September 20, 2021
- Coronavirus - South Africa: New COVID-19 Infections on a Downward Trend September 20, 2021
- The Visit of the Indonesian Consul General to Cape Town at The Cape Town Port for Life Skills Activities September 20, 2021
- Djibouti Signs its First Country Programme Framework (CPF) for 2022-2027 September 20, 2021
Fashion/Lifestyle5 months ago
How To Make a Girl Horny Fast – 9 Easy Tricks
Politics7 months ago
EKITI 2022:MAKING A CASE FOR A NEW FACE WITH NEW IDEAS IN STATE GOVERNANCE
celebrity radar - gossips7 months ago
Otunba Kehinde Oloyede is Bereaved!
Fashion/Lifestyle7 months ago
Rotary Recognizes exemplary youths across Nigeria