The much anticipated TEDxLagos event tagged ‘Spotlight’ took place recently at the Agip Hall of the MUSON Centre in Onikan, Lagos.
TEDx is a global platform created in the spirit of TED’s mission, “ideas worth sharing”. The TEDxLagos event was a celebration of brilliant ideas and inspiring talks. Members of the local and international TEDx communities, including Michael Ryan from TEDx partnerships international; Mercy Akamo, organizer/ licensee of TEDxLagos as well as renowned blogger and TEDx Fellow, Uche Pedro were in attendance.
The interesting line-up of speakers included former Attorney General & Commissioner for Justice in Lagos State, Olasupo Sasore; popular performer, Bankole Wellington also known as Banky W; Human Rights Activist, Janah Ncube and CEO of 9Mobile, Boye Olusanya.
Other prominent attendees included the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Union Bank, Emeka Emuwa, the Bank’s Head of Corporate Communication and Marketing, Ogochukwu Ekezie-Ekaidem and other Senior Executives of the Bank. Also in attendance was Claire Wathen, Community Manager at Skoll Foundation, co-sponsors of the event.
As part of the line-up, there were performances by Dream Catchers, a children’s dance crew and Femi Leye, Afro-jazz Guitarist & Vocalist.
A major highlight of the day was the Next100 workshop organised by Union Bank. This was an interactive session to discuss the recently unveiled ‘Next100 Fund idea’; an initiative to galvanize definite action by private sector participants and Nigerian citizens at large towards the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), placing the country on an accelerated path to development and prosperity.
Speaking about the event, the Mr. Emuwa said:
“Union Bank is pleased to be a principal partner of this year’s TEDxLagos event. We identified this initiative as one that will help amplify our efforts to encourage private sector participation for the achievement of Nigeria’s economic and social advancement. We are excited by the innovative ideas and potential partnerships that emerged as a result of today’s sessions.”
The day-long event was brought to a close with a cocktail and networking session for members of the TEDx community, sponsors, speakers and guests.
Union Bank’s partnership with TEDxLagos reiterates its continued commitment to innovation, creativity and support for Nigeria’s growth.
Coming up on Saturday 25th August, the TEDxLagos Adventure will take place, also courtesy Union Bank. Tagged ‘The Look, Feel and Taste of Lagos’, the adventure will celebrate the city of Lagos and some of its indigenous brands and local cuisine.
For more updates on the TEDxLagos event and the adventure, follow Union Bank on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Cover Of The Week
- The U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and Awash Bank Partnership Expands $6.4 Million in Credit Opportunities to Agriculture Enterprises in Ethiopia December 13, 2019
- Kenya & Tanzania: Over 3 million people to benefit from African Development Bank’s €345 million road construction support December 13, 2019
- New ambassadors from Egypt, Kosovo and Montenegro December 13, 2019
- The Republic of Kenya’s National Day December 13, 2019
- Immediate action needed as millions face hunger in Southern Africa, warns the Red Cross December 12, 2019
- India condemns terrorist attack in Niger December 12, 2019
- Aswan Forum 2019: UNDP’s experts discuss interlinkages between sustaining peace and development in Africa December 12, 2019
- The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) and International Organization for Migration (IOM): Over 5,000 Somali Refugees Voluntarily Returned Home from Yemen Since 2017 December 12, 2019
- CORRECTION - African Development Fund (ADF)-15 replenishment: Donors commit $7.6 billion, a 32% boost from last replenishment, in support of Africa’s low-income, fragile, countries December 12, 2019
- 25th United Nations Climate Change conference (COP 25): ‘Africa’s future depends on solidarity’ Leaders and development partners rally around climate change goals December 12, 2019
Politics6 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Interviews6 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin
Sports5 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .