The much anticipated TEDxLagos event tagged ‘Spotlight’ took place recently at the Agip Hall of the MUSON Centre in Onikan, Lagos.
TEDx is a global platform created in the spirit of TED’s mission, “ideas worth sharing”. The TEDxLagos event was a celebration of brilliant ideas and inspiring talks. Members of the local and international TEDx communities, including Michael Ryan from TEDx partnerships international; Mercy Akamo, organizer/ licensee of TEDxLagos as well as renowned blogger and TEDx Fellow, Uche Pedro were in attendance.
The interesting line-up of speakers included former Attorney General & Commissioner for Justice in Lagos State, Olasupo Sasore; popular performer, Bankole Wellington also known as Banky W; Human Rights Activist, Janah Ncube and CEO of 9Mobile, Boye Olusanya.
Other prominent attendees included the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Union Bank, Emeka Emuwa, the Bank’s Head of Corporate Communication and Marketing, Ogochukwu Ekezie-Ekaidem and other Senior Executives of the Bank. Also in attendance was Claire Wathen, Community Manager at Skoll Foundation, co-sponsors of the event.
As part of the line-up, there were performances by Dream Catchers, a children’s dance crew and Femi Leye, Afro-jazz Guitarist & Vocalist.
A major highlight of the day was the Next100 workshop organised by Union Bank. This was an interactive session to discuss the recently unveiled ‘Next100 Fund idea’; an initiative to galvanize definite action by private sector participants and Nigerian citizens at large towards the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), placing the country on an accelerated path to development and prosperity.
Speaking about the event, the Mr. Emuwa said:
“Union Bank is pleased to be a principal partner of this year’s TEDxLagos event. We identified this initiative as one that will help amplify our efforts to encourage private sector participation for the achievement of Nigeria’s economic and social advancement. We are excited by the innovative ideas and potential partnerships that emerged as a result of today’s sessions.”
The day-long event was brought to a close with a cocktail and networking session for members of the TEDx community, sponsors, speakers and guests.
Union Bank’s partnership with TEDxLagos reiterates its continued commitment to innovation, creativity and support for Nigeria’s growth.
Coming up on Saturday 25th August, the TEDxLagos Adventure will take place, also courtesy Union Bank. Tagged ‘The Look, Feel and Taste of Lagos’, the adventure will celebrate the city of Lagos and some of its indigenous brands and local cuisine.
For more updates on the TEDxLagos event and the adventure, follow Union Bank on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Cover Of The Week
- Coronavirus - Sierra Leone: COVID-19 Updates (Friday, 3 July 2020, Time: 15:00) July 4, 2020
- Coronavirus - Nigeria: COVID-19 Situation Report for Nigeria (3rd July 2020) July 4, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: COVID-19 Update (4 July 2020) July 4, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: Distribution of Cases by County as of 4 July 2020 July 4, 2020
- Coronavirus - Africa: COVID-19 WHO Africa Update as of 4 July 2020 July 4, 2020
- Coronavirus - Gambia: Daily Case Update as of 3rd July 2020 July 4, 2020
- Coronavirus - South Africa: COVID-19 statistics in South Africa as at 3rd July 2020 July 4, 2020
- Coronavirus - Zimbabwe: COVID-19 update, 3rd July 2020 July 4, 2020
- Coronavirus - Nigeria: COVID-19 case update for Nigeria (3rd July, 2020) July 4, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: Importance of Community Health Volunteers in COVID-19 awareness July 4, 2020
celebrity radar - gossips7 months ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
news4 months ago
Governor Dapo Abiodun : The Silent Hardworking Governor
Uncategorized2 weeks ago
STOP PRESS! AJIMOBI IS NOT DEAD SAYS SPOKESMAN, BOLAJI TUNJI
celebrity radar - gossips7 months ago
Prince Ned Nwoko Poses With His Wives