The much anticipated TEDxLagos event tagged ‘Spotlight’ took place recently at the Agip Hall of the MUSON Centre in Onikan, Lagos.
TEDx is a global platform created in the spirit of TED’s mission, “ideas worth sharing”. The TEDxLagos event was a celebration of brilliant ideas and inspiring talks. Members of the local and international TEDx communities, including Michael Ryan from TEDx partnerships international; Mercy Akamo, organizer/ licensee of TEDxLagos as well as renowned blogger and TEDx Fellow, Uche Pedro were in attendance.
The interesting line-up of speakers included former Attorney General & Commissioner for Justice in Lagos State, Olasupo Sasore; popular performer, Bankole Wellington also known as Banky W; Human Rights Activist, Janah Ncube and CEO of 9Mobile, Boye Olusanya.
Other prominent attendees included the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Union Bank, Emeka Emuwa, the Bank’s Head of Corporate Communication and Marketing, Ogochukwu Ekezie-Ekaidem and other Senior Executives of the Bank. Also in attendance was Claire Wathen, Community Manager at Skoll Foundation, co-sponsors of the event.
As part of the line-up, there were performances by Dream Catchers, a children’s dance crew and Femi Leye, Afro-jazz Guitarist & Vocalist.
A major highlight of the day was the Next100 workshop organised by Union Bank. This was an interactive session to discuss the recently unveiled ‘Next100 Fund idea’; an initiative to galvanize definite action by private sector participants and Nigerian citizens at large towards the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), placing the country on an accelerated path to development and prosperity.
Speaking about the event, the Mr. Emuwa said:
“Union Bank is pleased to be a principal partner of this year’s TEDxLagos event. We identified this initiative as one that will help amplify our efforts to encourage private sector participation for the achievement of Nigeria’s economic and social advancement. We are excited by the innovative ideas and potential partnerships that emerged as a result of today’s sessions.”
The day-long event was brought to a close with a cocktail and networking session for members of the TEDx community, sponsors, speakers and guests.
Union Bank’s partnership with TEDxLagos reiterates its continued commitment to innovation, creativity and support for Nigeria’s growth.
Coming up on Saturday 25th August, the TEDxLagos Adventure will take place, also courtesy Union Bank. Tagged ‘The Look, Feel and Taste of Lagos’, the adventure will celebrate the city of Lagos and some of its indigenous brands and local cuisine.
For more updates on the TEDxLagos event and the adventure, follow Union Bank on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Wellness HMO Again Adopts Three Women for ‘Wellness for Life’
Africa’s Global Bank, UBA is Now Available on Apple Business Chat
STRANSACT NIGERIA MERITS INTERNATIONAL ACCOUNTING GROUP (TIAG) PARTNERSHIP
Lagos Govt. to Improve funding of medical sector, …lament on brain drain
The Next Titan Season-6: Heritage Bank continues to boosts entrepreneurship among youths
Cover Of The Week
- Documentation opens doors for Kenya's stateless Shona community September 19, 2019
- Tanzania: Protect Burundians Facing Abuse September 19, 2019
- More women and children survive today than ever before – UN report September 19, 2019
- South Africa’s Former Energy Minister, Jeff Radebe appointed to reassure African counterparts September 19, 2019
- #InsideTheHustle - Why I quit my job to create Nigeria’s first food truck in the heart of the country's megacity, Lagos September 19, 2019
- The Simbas ready for Zimbabwe Sables in the last 2019 Victoria Cup Fixture September 19, 2019
- Rugby – Zambia : Local 7's Series Resumes September 19, 2019
- 16 coaches from Africa shortlisted as “Future Stars” by Arsenal and WorldRemit September 19, 2019
- Enhancing the Contribution of Innovation, Youth and Leadership in Africa and the African Diaspora September 19, 2019
- Speeding up detection to slow down Ebola: Smartphone app is game-changer for contact tracing in hotspots in the Democratic Republic of the Congo September 19, 2019
Business5 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Business6 months ago
News Flash! Ecobank Wins CBN/NIBSS Award For Data Integrity
Politics4 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS