Early February. I met Adebimpe on facebook as a mutual friend to one of my friends. One thing led to another and we started chatting on BBM. And early March, we started E-dating. Three weeks ago, we discussed on how we will see one on one and she suggested she will travel down to meet me in Lagos if only I can send T.fare. Adebimpe is a student of Uniport. Thus, she is fully based in Portharcourt.
I was so happy that I started day dreaming how the visitation will look like- the romance, fun, love-making etc. On the 14th of April, I sent 10k into her account as Tfare. She called me to tell me she got the money. And the travelling preparation began.
The D-day came. I have cleaned up my room, bought foodstuffs, a new pack of CD. When she dropped at the garage, I told her to pick a bike to my house address which she did; she got to my house at around 5pm. I ushered her in, gave her softdrinks and we were chatting. When it was 6pm, she shocked me by telling me she has a cousin here in Lagos and that’s where she
will be staying throughout her three days of stay and that I should visit her at her cousin’s place the following day. I was so sad but I didn’t show it. I faked a smile and walk her off to take bike. I come dey reason am say “se na like dis my 10k go waste?”
The next day, I didn’t go to visit her and I lied that I was sick with the mindset that she will come to my place instead. But na lie, all she could do was to call me and ask after my health. That night, I couldn’t sleep. I was just wondering how silly I am. I just put my phone on silent and forcefully slept off.
As I woke up around 6am in the morning, I picked my phone and I saw a text from Adebimpe which says “baby you know I will be leaving today, what time should I come to visit you so as to get my return Tfare”. Chaiii, na so my head spark.
Cover Of The Week
- Coronavirus - Zambia: Daily COVID-19 update 5th August 2020 August 5, 2020
- Coronavirus - Gambia: Daily Case Update as of 4th August 2020 August 5, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: COVID-19 Update (5th August 2020) August 5, 2020
- Coronavirus - Ethiopia: COVID-19 reported cases in Ethiopia (5th August 2020) August 5, 2020
- COVID-19 Situation Report for Nigeria (4 August 2020) August 5, 2020
- Coronavirus - Eswatini: Minister of Health Lizzie Nkosi announces four new COVID-19 deaths in Eswatini August 5, 2020
- Coronavirus - Africa: The European Investment Bank (EIB) and Afreximbank direct EUR 300m of support to African COVID response August 5, 2020
- Blue Prism Positioned as a Leader in the Magic Quadrant for Robotic Process Automation Again in 2020 August 5, 2020
- Africa Oil Week’s Online Conference to Host “Somalia Licensing Round: Derisking Above Ground Factors” Session, with Address from Petroleum and Mineral Resources Minister August 5, 2020
- Chevron’s Entry into Equatorial Guinea and Cameroon Could be a Turning Point for Central Africa’s Gas Industry August 5, 2020
news5 months ago
Governor Dapo Abiodun : The Silent Hardworking Governor
Uncategorized2 months ago
STOP PRESS! AJIMOBI IS NOT DEAD SAYS SPOKESMAN, BOLAJI TUNJI
Politics3 months ago
Lagos Speaker,Rt. Hon. Mudashiru Obasa Clears The Air On Fraud Rumour
Education2 months ago
Methodist owned Wesley University owe staff up to 40 months Salaries