Early February. I met Adebimpe on facebook as a mutual friend to one of my friends. One thing led to another and we started chatting on BBM. And early March, we started E-dating. Three weeks ago, we discussed on how we will see one on one and she suggested she will travel down to meet me in Lagos if only I can send T.fare. Adebimpe is a student of Uniport. Thus, she is fully based in Portharcourt.
I was so happy that I started day dreaming how the visitation will look like- the romance, fun, love-making etc. On the 14th of April, I sent 10k into her account as Tfare. She called me to tell me she got the money. And the travelling preparation began.
The D-day came. I have cleaned up my room, bought foodstuffs, a new pack of CD. When she dropped at the garage, I told her to pick a bike to my house address which she did; she got to my house at around 5pm. I ushered her in, gave her softdrinks and we were chatting. When it was 6pm, she shocked me by telling me she has a cousin here in Lagos and that’s where she
will be staying throughout her three days of stay and that I should visit her at her cousin’s place the following day. I was so sad but I didn’t show it. I faked a smile and walk her off to take bike. I come dey reason am say “se na like dis my 10k go waste?”
The next day, I didn’t go to visit her and I lied that I was sick with the mindset that she will come to my place instead. But na lie, all she could do was to call me and ask after my health. That night, I couldn’t sleep. I was just wondering how silly I am. I just put my phone on silent and forcefully slept off.
As I woke up around 6am in the morning, I picked my phone and I saw a text from Adebimpe which says “baby you know I will be leaving today, what time should I come to visit you so as to get my return Tfare”. Chaiii, na so my head spark.
FBNQuest Trustees Marks 40th Anniversary of preserving legacies in Nigeria
IWS offers free medical ,donate Clothes,Food stuffs in Lagos community
The Bisi Fayemi You Have Not Met- By Mary Oso-Omotoso
DEJI OWOYELE “THE BRIDGE BUILDER” @ 40
Fidelity Bank Donates Laboratory To Correctional Home
Cover Of The Week
- G5 Sahel heads of State throw their weight behind African Development Bank initiative Desert to power September 15, 2019
- African Development Bank launches US$ 2 billion 1.625% Global Benchmark due 16 September 2022 September 13, 2019
- Innovative thinking marks African Development Bank’s Africa jobs manifesto September 13, 2019
- Humanitarian Assistance provided to Vulnerable Communities affected by floods in Niger September 13, 2019
- U.S. Embassy Statement on Recent Attack on Humanitarian Workers in Gambella September 13, 2019
- Belgian-Backed Labour Migration Initiative boosts Employability of Tunisian Youth September 13, 2019
- Kingdom of Morocco wins High-Level Vote to host next World Tourism Organization General Assembly in 2021 September 13, 2019
- Appeal launched for Humanitarian Response to Cyclone Devastation in Mozambique September 13, 2019
- U.S. Trade and Development Agency (USTDA) supports LNG Importation and Distribution in Guinea September 13, 2019
- Malaria vaccine launched in Kenya: Kenya joins Ghana and Malawi to roll out landmark vaccine in pilot introduction September 13, 2019
Business4 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Business6 months ago
News Flash! Ecobank Wins CBN/NIBSS Award For Data Integrity
Politics3 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS