In order to promote reading culture among the Nigerian populace, a multi-concept firm, OpenWay Global Concepts in conjunction with a nongovernmental organisation, the Convergence is set to stage a reading awareness walk and colloquium on Tuesday, 23rd of April in Ado-Ekiti, the Ekiti State capital. The event which will feature a special public reading by the wife of Ekiti State Governor, Erelu Bisi Fayemi, will also see a good number of youths drawn from various organisations in the state having a two kilometre walk to create reading awareness.
According to the coordinator of the project, which has the technical support of the UnitedNations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), the Chief Executive Officer of OpenWay Global Concepts, Adesina Adetola, the event is designed among others to promote the objective of the world book and copyright day, celebrated every April 23rd.
He said;” over the years, the dwindling reading culture have been identified as one of the ugly trends in this current age which has evidently become a great challenge to every developmental process at all levels, therefore the need to encourage reading at all strata and in all forms. For every society to attain the net level of development, every leader must be a reader. It is on this ground that UNESCO sets aside every April 23rd to encourage literary works and promote its relevance in national development.”
“It is our belief that the project would certainly contribute to the achievement of the sustainable development goal 4; -to ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all’’.
In the same vein, Tosin Adara, Leader of The Convergence also said that “the importance of reading can never be over emphasized, it is a fact that you can never grow more than your mental capacity and what you read is whom you are. So we are organising this event to rekindle the dieing reading culture”
Cover Of The Week
- NBA commissioner Adam Silver's statement on passing of Kobe Bryant January 27, 2020
- Blitzboks own up to under-par performances in New Zealand (NZ) January 26, 2020
- Blitzboks in troubled waters in Hamilton January 25, 2020
- Nigeria: European Union (EU), UN concerned by increasing attacks against aid workers January 24, 2020
- Hand-Made Satellite!? January 24, 2020
- Secretary-General appoints Mr. Raouf Mazou of the Republic of the Congo as Assistant High Commissioner for Operations, Office of the UN High Commissioner for Refugees January 24, 2020
- Mainstreaming Mental Health and Psychosocial Support in Education sector January 24, 2020
- Return to Care Campaign (RTC) January 24, 2020
- Statement on behalf of independent World Rugby Chairman Sir Bill Beaumont January 24, 2020
- Preparations underway for Africa Climate Week 2020 in Kampala January 24, 2020
Sports6 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
news6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria