By Ifeoma Ikem
Following a recent video clips that went viral about a lady who run out of hotel in Ojo area of Lagos, remove her cloth and start bathing inside a dirty water channel, Lagos state detective has apprehended one Abdusalami Wasiu, alleged notorious Internet black mailer and armed robber.
The alleged suspect, who was also said to have been arrested in 2018,by SARS Operatives for Armed Robbery and possession of firearms, was then prosecuted, jailed same year but released from prison in an certain circumstances.
Known as ‘Spartacus’,has been on the run since he attempted but failed to extort and blackmail a popular Resort,
The New Planet Resorts, located at Aka Road , Ajangbadi,Ojo,Lagos. The suspect was alleged to have plotted, recorded and posted a false video of an unknown lady found in a dirty water channel , at church bus stop, Ajangbadi, which he manipulated to indicate and deceive the public that the incident happened at New planet Resorts premises.
Sahara weekly gathered from reliable police source that the suspect intention was to discredit the Resorts for an earlier refusal by the Management ,to allow him run an illegal toll collection point in front of the Resorts Main Entrance.
It was learnt that the man hunt for suspect, which lasted about two weeks,ended last Saturday, April 27th,2019,when credible information was said to have been received by Operatives from ilemba Hausa, police Division, that the suspect was sighted at a black spot in Ojo.
The DPO,SP kazeem Abonde, was said to have promptly despatched armed police men, who swooped on his hide out and bursted him out. After his arrest, eye witnesses reported that the suspect broke down in tears,begging the public for forgiveness over all crimes he confessed he had committed.
While pleading for mercy,he was said to have confessed to be responsible for the recording and internet posting of the false video clips to discredit the New planet Resorts.
Claiming that it was the devil that pushed him to crime,the Ogbomosho, Oyo state born suspect, appealed to the management of the Resorts to forgive him.
It would be recalled that in an earlier reaction in an interview with our reporter, the New planet Resorts management denied the entire content of the false video clips, warning perpetrators to desist from such false hood and campaign of colunmy. He would soon charged to court .
Ogun to Demolish Houses That Habour Kidnappers, Sets Up Trust Fund
Fashion Your Way To Fame With Scissor Reality Show
LAGOS FIRST LADY RAISES HOPE OF IMPROVED ACCESS TO QUALITY HEALTHCARE
Emirates Aviation University introduces a special package for international students
ZENITH BANK APPOINTS HENRY OROH EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR AND DR. AL-MUJTABA ABUBAKAR INDEPENDENT NON-EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Cover Of The Week
- New push for peace in Gogrial, Tonj, Wau as area governors embark on grassroots implementation activities August 23, 2019
- Tanzania: Second journalist arrested in a month must be released unconditionally August 23, 2019
- Merck Foundation in partnership with the First Lady of Malawi launches a children story to teach children and youth family values of love and respect- The Story of Limbani and Takondwa August 23, 2019
- Facebook celebrates 'Icons of Change' from across Sub-Saharan Africa with a Youth Gathering in Accra, Ghana August 23, 2019
- Assistant Foreign Minister Chen Xiaodong Meets with Charles Kayonga, Rwandan Ambassador to Leave August 23, 2019
- UN Commission on Human Rights in South Sudan: Localization of conflict and unaddressed community grievances serve as barriers to sustainable peace August 23, 2019
- Alternatives to Irregular Migration: International Organization for Migration (IOM) Launches Vocational Training Programme for Gambians August 23, 2019
- Innovative Inclusive Approach to Strengthen Community Cohesion in Chad August 23, 2019
- Launch of the Advancing Economic Diversification in Ethiopia Project August 23, 2019
- School closures in West and Central Africa triple since 2017, as education comes under fire across the region August 23, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized6 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Business4 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others