Mr. Garba Durbunde, a member of the House of Representatives, , who represents Sumaila/Takai federal constituency has been kidnapped, according to unconfirmed sources.
Report gathered was that Durbunde was kidnapped along Kaduna- Jere road on Tuesday while on his way to Kano from Abuja .
Abdulrazak Namdas, the spokesman of the House of Representatives, said he was not aware of the incident.
“I am not aware of this but I was told some papers have carried it,” he said
But a lawmaker, who asked not to be named, confirmed the incident to our correspondent.
He said the family of the kidnapped lawmaker were already in contact with the kidnappers.
The source also said the State Security Service is already investigating the kidnap.
When contacted, the lawmaker’s legislative aide, Tunde Adela, also confirmed the incident.
NGIJ Commences Governance Assessment Tour In Ondo State
The Nigerian Guild of Investigative Journalists (NGIJ) will on Monday commence Governance Assessment Tour in Ondo State to assess impact of Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu administration on the people.
A statement issued on Saturday by the Guild Public Relations Officer, Adeyemi Obadimu said NGIJ delegation would arrive Akure, the Ondo State Capital on Monday to commence the Governance Assessment.
Obadimu noted that the Governance Assessment aimed at rooting for the truth, getting firsthand information from different stakeholders and assessing impact of current administration in Ondo State.
”Our members from every part of the country will on Monday converge in Akure, Ondo State Capital for commencement of Governance Assessment Tour to assess Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu administration impact on the people.
”Our crew will engage critical stakeholders including traditional rulers, civil servants, labour unions, pensioners, top government officials, students, market men/women and others in order to get firsthand information about the current administration led by Governor Akeredolu.”
Obadimu disclosed that the guild has carried our similar assessment in Kogi and Bayelsa states, saying ‘this is part of our contributions to deepen Democratic rule in Nigeria’.
Heritage bank partners with Multi choice to flag off BBN third edition
How civil defence corps became a millionaire overnight with Skye bank Promo
Cover Of The Week
- Senegal: African Development Bank loans over EUR 74 million to strengthen internal resource mobilization and support industrial activities December 1, 2023
- The Developed World’s Broken Promises: How Can Africa Finance the Energy Transition? (By NJ Ayuk) December 1, 2023
- Uganda: African Development Bank to lend more than $252 million to improve rural transport and facilitate regional integration December 1, 2023
- Tanzania: Bank operations produce results beyond expectations, according to the Tanzania Country Strategy Paper 2021-2025 mid-term review December 1, 2023
- South Africa Visa Application Centre moves to a more spacious and easily accessible location in the Democratic Republic of the Congo December 1, 2023
- Strengthening the fight against HIV in Ghana December 1, 2023
- Tanzania launches the national strategic plan to integrate health sector HIV, viral hepatitis and Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI) elimination December 1, 2023
- Morocco: Her Royal Highness Princess Lalla Hasnaa Represents His Majesty the King at World Climate Action Summit in Dubai December 1, 2023
- United Arab Emirates (UAE) leaders congratulate Central African President on Republic Day December 1, 2023
- Senegalese foreign minister receives visiting Iranian deputy Foreign Minister December 1, 2023
celebrity radar - gossips4 months ago
$87m Theft: Abayomi Remanded As Court Adjourn Till October
Business1 month ago
Leading Financial Platform, AAS Bounces Back Stronger, Better With Global Coin
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Kebbi Tribunal: Principal Under Fire To Produce Attestation For Deputy Governor-Elect —Investigation
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
For Stating The Fact, School Principal Suspended Over Kebbi Deputy Governor’s Alleged Forged Certificates Issue