Senate President, Olubukola saraki is facing a 13-count charges of corruption over false declaration of his assets.
The Code of Conduct Bureau said Mr. Saraki committed the offence, and maintained a foreign account, when he was governor of Kwara State.
The senate president said the charges were politically motivated, and challenged the powers and composition of the Code of Conduct Tribunal to hear the case.
He also asked the Court of Appeal to quash the charges.
Mr. Saraki later appealed to the Supreme Court after losing at the Court of Appeal.
In its ruling Friday, the Supreme Court affirmed the decision of the Appeal Court.
The highest court dismissed the appeal of Mr. Saraki against the composition of the Code of Conduct Tribunal and the powers of the tribunal, effectively ordering him to stand trial.
More details later.
Cover Of The Week
- Conquerors Ladies crowned 2020 Ghana Rugby Women's Champions February 16, 2020
- Hard work ahead for SA’s Guinness PRO14 sides February 16, 2020
- Basketball Africa League: Transcripts of NBA players’ reactions at NBA All-Star 2020 (Saturday February 15, 2020) February 16, 2020
- Vodacom Super Rugby Review – Round 3 February 16, 2020
- Basketball Africa League announces the 12 teams that will compete in Inaugural Season February 16, 2020
- Africa: Transcript of NBA Commissioner Adam Silver's Press Conference at NBA All-Star 2020 (Saturday February 15, 2020) February 16, 2020
- Stop Locusts In East Africa Now Or Pay Much More To Help People Later – World Food Programme (WFP) February 14, 2020
- MINUSMA condemns the attack on Ogossagou February 14, 2020
- Four countries in the African region license vaccine in milestone for Ebola prevention February 14, 2020
- Luxury lifestyle platform Lux Afrique appoints APO Group as their global public relations agency February 14, 2020
celebrity radar - gossips2 months ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
Sports6 months ago
ZENITH BANK CELEBRATES D’TIGRESS ON BACK-TO-BACK AFROBASKET CHAMPIONSHIP VICTORY
Sports6 months ago
ZENITH BANK HAILS D’TIGRESS ON QUARTERFINAL QUALIFICATION
Sports5 months ago
Winners emerge in the 2019 Nigerian and African Freestyle Football Championship