Two black snakes have forced the Liberian President George
Weah out of his office. This has made the former world and African best
footballer to work from his private residence since Wednesday.
BBC citing the Press secretary, Mr Smith Toby, said that two black snakes were found in the foreign affairs ministry building, Weah’s official place of work.
In view of this, therefore, all staff have been told to stay away until 22 April. “It’s just to make sure that crawling and creeping things get fumigated from the building. “The Ministry of Foreign Affairs hosts the office of the president, so it did an internal memo asking the staff to stay home while they do the fumigation”, Mr Toby said. The office of the president has been based in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs since a fire in 2006 gutted the nearby presidential mansion. However, workers tried to kill the snakes but did not succeed. “The snakes were never killed,” Mr Toby said. “There was a little hole somewhere through which they made their way back.” Recall that similar incident happened in Nigeria when his Excellency, President Muhammadu Buhari left the country for about three months on a medical ground. 21 kidnappers went blind in Delta forest after abducting me — Bishop Okokporo Following the three months period of disuse, rodents caused a lot of damage to the furniture’s and interiors in his office, making it impossible for him to operate from the office in that condition. However, Police and presidential securities were seen guarding Mr Weah’s residence in the capital Monrovia. A fleet of vehicles including escorts jeeps were parked outside. Mr Toby said the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has started to fumigate the area. “That building has been there for years now, and because of the drainage system, the possibility of having things like snakes crawling in that building was high”. The president is definitely returning to his office on Monday after the fumigation, whether or not the snakes are found and killed, Mr Toby said.
Cover Of The Week
- NBA commissioner Adam Silver's statement on passing of Kobe Bryant January 27, 2020
- Blitzboks own up to under-par performances in New Zealand (NZ) January 26, 2020
- Blitzboks in troubled waters in Hamilton January 25, 2020
- Nigeria: European Union (EU), UN concerned by increasing attacks against aid workers January 24, 2020
- Hand-Made Satellite!? January 24, 2020
- Secretary-General appoints Mr. Raouf Mazou of the Republic of the Congo as Assistant High Commissioner for Operations, Office of the UN High Commissioner for Refugees January 24, 2020
- Mainstreaming Mental Health and Psychosocial Support in Education sector January 24, 2020
- Return to Care Campaign (RTC) January 24, 2020
- Statement on behalf of independent World Rugby Chairman Sir Bill Beaumont January 24, 2020
- Preparations underway for Africa Climate Week 2020 in Kampala January 24, 2020
Sports6 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
news6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria