Sadly, Unknown gunman on Wednesday shot into a crowd celebrating President Muhammadu Buhari’s re-election in Sabo, Yaba, killing one person, while a police officer was seriously injured by some protesting youth in Okokomaiko, Lagos.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) gathered that the unidentified gunman opened fire on the celebrating crowd at Iwaya area, killing one person on the spot.
Lagos Police Spokesperson, Chike Oti, chief superintendent of police, who confirmed the incidents, told NAN that the police officer was attacked by some protesting youths on the ever busy Lagos – Badagry expressway.
Mr Oti said policemen, led Sunday Oyekanmi, a superintendent of police, were appealing to the youth as they were causing heavy traffic on the highway.
He said while the policemen were appealing to the youths to leave the road, the youth attacked them with machetes and sticks during which the DCO was seriously injured and collapsed.
“Many thought the DCO was dead, but the DPO of the station took him to the hospital where he was revived. He is responding to treatment now. He is not dead. The area is calm now.
“The Commissioner of Police in Lagos, CP Zubairu Muazu, has warned that the command will not tolerate any attack of his men who are working to protect lives and property in Lagos,” Mr Oti said.
Mr Oti said the 37 youth arrested for allegedly attacking the policemen at Okokomako were taken to the State CID, Panti for investigation, while detectives were on the trail of the suspect who shot dead one person in Yaba.
On the alleged skirmish on Lagos Island, Mr Oti said there was no crisis between the Yoruba and the Ibo traders as being spread in the social media.
According to him, some areas boys were having misunderstanding amongst themselves and the police went there to stop them before it degenerates into full scale crisis.
“The area is calm, there is patrol everywhere. Members of the public should disregard any rumour of crisis in Lagos Island,” Mr Oti said.
Cover Of The Week
- Coronavirus - Kenya: COVID-19 update (25 January 2021) January 26, 2021
- 34th AU Summit strives to leverage and valorise African Arts, Culture and Heritage January 26, 2021
- Signing of memorandum of understanding (MoU) Between Development of the Private Sector (ICD) and SQB Securities, Uzbekistan January 26, 2021
- New African Development Bank-Global Center on Adaptation (GCA) initiative will galvanize $25 billion to scale up African climate adaptation January 26, 2021
- Businesses Gain Unparalleled Collaboration and Productivity with Motorola Solutions’ New Smart Radio January 26, 2021
- Africa's top business leaders to participate in awards to celebrate India's republic day to independence day January 26, 2021
- International Islamic Trade Finance Corporation (ITFC) and Prime Bank Sign US$15 million Murabaha Financing Facility to support SMEs in Bangladesh January 26, 2021
- Register to hear Musa Kalenga on leapfrogging tech in Africa at #BizTrends2021 January 26, 2021
- Unstoppable Paule Ella Guei honoured with Sports+ Award January 26, 2021
- #BizTrends2021 - EXCLUSIVE: In conversation with Dion Chang January 26, 2021
Politics2 months ago
US SUPREME COURT DECISION CONFIRMS TB JOSHUA PROPHECY
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
Popular Yoruba Actor, Kanran Smiles Again, gets Car, Cash, Property Worth Millions (video)
Metro5 months ago
8 People killed in Edo over ₦100
Sports5 months ago
Prophet TB Joshua Speaks To Messi