A non governmental organization on the platform of Change Advocates of Nigeria, (CAN), has passed a vote of confidence on the National Working Committee, (NWC) of the All Progressives Congress led by its national chairman, Adams Oshiomhole for leading the party aright.
This was contained in a press statement issued on Friday by the national coordinator of the group, Comrade Osanieye Ikpomwonba and made available to newsmen in Benin.
“We pass a vote of confidence on the national working committee of the APC led by it national chairman, comrade Adams Oshiomhole and we also challenge them to be above board, ensuring equity, justice and rewards to every single member of the party for posterity sake”, said.
Ikpomwonba said those calling for the resignation of Oshiomhole should desist from it because such moves will distract the party from focusing on how to deliver the dividends of democracy to Nigerians.
“We strongly advice those calling for the resignation of our dynamic chairman of our great party, Comrade Adams Aliyu Oshiomhole to desist from it because such moves will heat up the polity.
“It will also distract the party from focusing on how to reward Nigerians for their full support to the APC led federal government under the leadership of Mr. President”, he said.
He said the party is not against constructive criticism as such will help move the nation forward.
“The focal point of true party faithful should be how to suggest, initiate, reach out, positively criticize policies and programs of the government in his drive in taking Nigeria and her people to the next level of democratic tolerance, good governance, accountability, anti corruption war, improved power distribution and youth empowerment”, he said.
The coordinator also said 2023 is still a long way for anybody or region to start agitating or planning which zone will produce the next president adding that such agitation could derail the government of the day from achieving its vision of uplifting the lives of Nigerians.
Cover Of The Week
- The U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and Awash Bank Partnership Expands $6.4 Million in Credit Opportunities to Agriculture Enterprises in Ethiopia December 13, 2019
- Kenya & Tanzania: Over 3 million people to benefit from African Development Bank’s €345 million road construction support December 13, 2019
- New ambassadors from Egypt, Kosovo and Montenegro December 13, 2019
- The Republic of Kenya’s National Day December 13, 2019
- Immediate action needed as millions face hunger in Southern Africa, warns the Red Cross December 12, 2019
- India condemns terrorist attack in Niger December 12, 2019
- Aswan Forum 2019: UNDP’s experts discuss interlinkages between sustaining peace and development in Africa December 12, 2019
- The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) and International Organization for Migration (IOM): Over 5,000 Somali Refugees Voluntarily Returned Home from Yemen Since 2017 December 12, 2019
- CORRECTION - African Development Fund (ADF)-15 replenishment: Donors commit $7.6 billion, a 32% boost from last replenishment, in support of Africa’s low-income, fragile, countries December 12, 2019
- 25th United Nations Climate Change conference (COP 25): ‘Africa’s future depends on solidarity’ Leaders and development partners rally around climate change goals December 12, 2019
Politics6 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Interviews6 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin
Sports5 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .