The Prestigious Lafayette Award at United Nations Day For Global Peace in Geneva has honoured the outstanding philanthropic and humanitarian efforts of Billionaire Businessman and CEO, Ocean Maritime Security Limited(OMS), Captain Idahosa Okunbo. He was recognised with the Order of Lafeyette Award, at the well attended award occasion in Geneva.
Known for his impact contributions in promoting, supporting and creating plausible initiatives for the sustenance of peace in Africa and across the globe, “Captain Hosa” as he is popularly called was presented with his prestigious award by His Excellency, Robert Blum, the President and Chairman of Order of Lafeyette Awards.
The Occasion witnessed the presence of Diplomats from across the globe, economic and political Leaders and reputable personalities, who were in attendance to celebrate with one of their own. The international Lafeyette Award holds an interesting global history.
The Order of Lafayette is a patriotic, hereditary, nonpartisan, and fraternal organization established in New York City in 1958 by Colonel Hamilton Fish III (1888-1991), a former Congressman from New York and decorated veteran of the First World War. The Award was conceived to appreciate, support and encourage harmony, peace and conflict resolution across the world.
Amongst the distinguished achievements of of the Former Nigerian Pilot, Captain Idahosa, is the credible credentials of his offshore Asset Protection Company – OMS. Recently his company signed a Financing and Technical Services Agreement (FTSA) deal worth $876m with CMES-OMS Petroleum Development Company Ltd (CDPC) for the development of Oil Mining Lease (OML) 65, a Nigerian Petroleum Development Company Ltd, NPDC.
The historic agreement with his agency will open up production potentials of the OML 65 from 9,000 to 40,000 barrels per day. according to reports, this deal holds potential to explore, appraise and add reserves to base, noting that it would help the Federal Government toearn more than $6 billion in taxes and royalties. The project is guaranteed to engage indigenous companies in the industry for ancillary services, thereby providing direct and indirect job opportunities.
Also, Captain Hosa has an undying passion for hospitality which encouraged him to invest in the sector by establishing “Wells Carlton Hotel and Apartments” in the United States of America and also in Nigeria. His hopitality edifces are not only unique in structure but delightfully oustanding in services and executive/luxury comfort
Sent from my iPhone
Cover Of The Week
- Blitzboks own up to under-par performances in New Zealand (NZ) January 26, 2020
- Blitzboks in troubled waters in Hamilton January 25, 2020
- Nigeria: European Union (EU), UN concerned by increasing attacks against aid workers January 24, 2020
- Hand-Made Satellite!? January 24, 2020
- Secretary-General appoints Mr. Raouf Mazou of the Republic of the Congo as Assistant High Commissioner for Operations, Office of the UN High Commissioner for Refugees January 24, 2020
- Mainstreaming Mental Health and Psychosocial Support in Education sector January 24, 2020
- Return to Care Campaign (RTC) January 24, 2020
- Statement on behalf of independent World Rugby Chairman Sir Bill Beaumont January 24, 2020
- Preparations underway for Africa Climate Week 2020 in Kampala January 24, 2020
- New Cooperation Agreement among East, Horn of Africa States address Overseas Worker Exploitation January 24, 2020
Sports6 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
news6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria