Mayor Of Banjul, Rohey Lowe Launches REFELA In Gambia
The Mayor of Banjul, a large state in the country of Gambia was a washed with the generosity and benevolence of Rohey Lowe who recently launched the Gambian faction of REFELA, a network of women elected officials of substantial and local governments in Africa. According to Mayor Lowe, she is interested in the growth of women and the encouragement of the womenfolk to develop themselves globally. REFELA was founded in 2005 in South Africa for the reunification of three continental groups of local governments.
According to reports available to us, REFELA is the African section of the world organization, UCLG Africa with a membership of 44 national associations of local governments from all regions of Africa as well as 2000 cities that have more than 100,000 inhabitants.
Mayor Lowe emphasized further that the unification of African women is very necessary and will help propel the continent to the highest level in the nearest future. In records, REFELA has now become a fundamental part of UCLG Africa and represents locally elected women officials within the global women’s Commission of United Cities and Local Governments that is the UCLG. The highly revered Mayor of Bajul, Lowe further emphasized that the launch will mark a turning point in the aspiration of Gambian women in all areas of development and explained that REFELA is a women platform under the United Cities of Local Governments of Africa (UCLG) which is the umbrella organization and the united voice representing local governments in Africa. Mayor Lowe also stressed that the campaign to better the lives of women as advocated by REFELA took a very positive turn through her election as the first woman mayor of the Gambia’s capital city of Banjul.
In her further statement, Mayor Lowe expressed that the campaign to better the lives of women as advocated by REFELA took a very positive turn through her election as the first woman mayor of the capital city of Banjul. She then said that the situation is more challenging for rural women without active participation in the electoral processes because it will get worse. She admonished women that they should know that they constitute more than half of the country’s population and additionally they offer more than 54% of election and yet, they lack representation.
The Mayor also used the opportunity to call on Gambia’s women to get prepared for the 2021 election noting that she is ready to work with the women in actualizing that dream. She also urged women not to campaign and cheer the male folk but to focus on progressing the female contestant.
It could be recalled that the African section of the world organization of UCLG Africa has a membership of 44 national associations of local governments from all regions of the continent as well as 2000 cities that have more than 100,000 inhabitants. There is no doubting the fact that REFELA has now become a fundamental part of UCLG Africa and represents locally elected women officials within the global Women’s Commission of United Cities and Local Governments (UCLG Women).
Abiodun Sets Up OGWAMA to Fight Dirty Environment
Hadiza lied! We never Attacked NPA MD – OMSL
WINNERS OF 2019 FIRSTBANK SPONSORED NATIONAL COMPANY OF THE YEAR COMPETITION CONTEST IN THE AFRICA COMPANY OF THE YEAR COMPETITION
2023 : Tinubu Media Team (TMT 2023) Holds National Executives Inaugural Meeting In Abuja
Bill To Amendment Teachers Registration Council Act Awaits Second Reading
Cover Of The Week
- “Sandie Beach Rugby 2019 Promises To Be Fun”- Mr. Ayo Johnson, CEO Turbocrest Sport December 6, 2019
- Unbeaten Blitzboks to face Argentina in Dubai quarter-finals December 6, 2019
- Ghana Rugby and Societe Generale Ends 2019 "Get Into Rugby" On High Note In Accra December 6, 2019
- African Impact Accelerator Launched in Cape Town to Support Ocean Economy Innovation December 6, 2019
- African Development Bank President wins All Africa Business Leaders Awards ™ 2019 African of the Year award December 6, 2019
- Former President Koroma hosts The Chairman of Horasis December 6, 2019
- Keystone Radiology Partners with GE Healthcare to Advance Diagnostic Services at MooiMed Private Hospital December 6, 2019
- African Development Fund (ADF-15) replenishment: Donors commit $7.6 billion, a 32% boost from last replenishment, in support of Africa’s low-income, fragile, countries December 6, 2019
- Pole position at stake as Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology (MMUST) and Leos face off in Kakamega December 6, 2019
- Derby day in Nairobi and Kakamega as Mwamba host Kenya Commercial Bank (KCB) December 6, 2019
Politics6 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Interviews6 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin
Sports5 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .