Rivers State Governor Nyesom Wike has called on Christians to troop out and vote during the forthcoming elections because their votes will make the difference.
Speaking during a special combined Sunday Worship Service at the Deeper Life Camp Ground, Rumudara, Port Harcourt, Wike said Christians can no longer stand aloof while the country slides into destruction.
He said that Christians should not believe the false propaganda that they cannot influence the outcome of political contests in the country.
“You must vote during the forthcoming elections. If you don’t vote and a bad leader emerges, you are part of those that brought that bad leadership.
“Your vote can make the difference. So go ahead and vote to effect a positive change”, he said.
He charged the church not to allow the children of God to be surrounded by those not supposed to be in charge of leadership.
The governor said that all Christians have witnessed first-hand the failures of the last four years of the Federal Government which have destroyed the economy, engendered unemployment, insecurity and dictatorial tendencies.
He said this was the opportunity to chart a new direction.
Wike said that all efforts of Christians to ensure the country makes progress would be crowned when they vote for their preferred choice.
He appealed to Christians to continue to pray against those plotting electoral violence and bloodshed in Rivers State.
He said: “Please pray for this state. Pray against those plotting electoral violence in this state. Pray for the state to have peaceful and credible polls. Those plotting shall be disappointed.
Read Also: Wike crying wolves where there is none – Presidency
“None of my supporters should engage in political violence on my behalf. Nobody should use violence to support me”.
The governor stated that security agencies plotting bloodshed in Rivers State will be consumed by their plot and Rivers State will emerge victorious.
He said Christians should pray that God enables Judges to act right despite the intimidation and false propaganda by the APC Federal Government.
The Deeper Life Camp Ground Youth Choir Ministered to the congregation in a Special number where they declared that they are no longer slaves to sin and fear, but children of God.
State Head of Deeper Life Church, Pastor Chike Onwuasunya said truly Governor Wike is Mr. Project as his projects are visible.
He declared that all those making prophecies and preaching violence against Rivers State will witness the peaceful elections. He said all evil plans will fail.
He urged Deeper Life members to vote to determine the positive direction of the country
SANWO-OLU’S CABINET ENDS RETREATS, PLEDGES COMMITMENT TO GREATER LAGOS VISION
ABIODUN PARLEYS WITH CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICERS TUESDAY
PROF. BANJI AKINTOYE: THE NEW LEADER OF YORUBA NATION
Prof Banji Akintoye to address Media on Leadership Issue in Yoruba Land
TRAVEL GIANT PHEMNICK VISITS ORPHANAGE … CELEBRATES ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY IN NIGERIA
Cover Of The Week
- New push for peace in Gogrial, Tonj, Wau as area governors embark on grassroots implementation activities August 23, 2019
- Tanzania: Second journalist arrested in a month must be released unconditionally August 23, 2019
- Merck Foundation in partnership with the First Lady of Malawi launches a children story to teach children and youth family values of love and respect- The Story of Limbani and Takondwa August 23, 2019
- Facebook celebrates 'Icons of Change' from across Sub-Saharan Africa with a Youth Gathering in Accra, Ghana August 23, 2019
- Assistant Foreign Minister Chen Xiaodong Meets with Charles Kayonga, Rwandan Ambassador to Leave August 23, 2019
- UN Commission on Human Rights in South Sudan: Localization of conflict and unaddressed community grievances serve as barriers to sustainable peace August 23, 2019
- Alternatives to Irregular Migration: International Organization for Migration (IOM) Launches Vocational Training Programme for Gambians August 23, 2019
- Innovative Inclusive Approach to Strengthen Community Cohesion in Chad August 23, 2019
- Launch of the Advancing Economic Diversification in Ethiopia Project August 23, 2019
- School closures in West and Central Africa triple since 2017, as education comes under fire across the region August 23, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips7 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized6 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Business4 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others