The governorship candidate of the All Progressives Party (APC), Prince Dapo Abiodun was, moments ago, endorsed by President Muhammadu Buhari at the just concluded Presidential Rally in Abeokuta.
The National Chairman of APC, Comrade Adams Oshiomole, also presented the symbolic party flag to Abiodun at the well attended rally, which was also witnessed by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, some former and serving state governors and party executives.
In his speech, President Buhari thanked the people of Ogun State for the support given to him in 2015. He reeled out his achievements in the areas of combating insurgency, fighting against corruption, and so on; just he promised to do more.
Against the violence that preceded his arrival at the venue, during which several members of the APC were injured and chased out of the stadium by thugs allegedly sponsored by the State Governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun, President Buhari warned that the choice of who to vote for “is a fundamental human right of the people and that there should be no problems about that at all”. He posited that people should be allowed to freely express their choice by voting their preferred candidate.
Ogun APC Apologises
The Ogun State Caretaker Committee led by Chief Yemi Sanusi tenders unreserved apology to the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, President Muhammadu Buhari over the gross misconduct, indiscipline, disrespect and disorder perpetrated by agents of Governor Amosun today at the MKO Abiola Stadium.
Governor Amosun, using thugs and other urchins wrecked havoc on members and supporters of the All Progressives Congress for wearing yellow vests and caps of Dapo Abiodun.
The thugs at some points, were personally led by Governor Amosun, who was seen on a video that has since gone viral, removing A-Boards and other campaign materials of Dapo Abiodun from the venue. Also members of the Caretaker Committee were debarred from mounting the stage by Amosun’s thugs with obvious compromise of some security agents attached to the Governor.
The unruly acts, not only embarrassed the President and his entourage, but have actually embarrassed the whole people of Ogun State at home and abroad, who have since been expressing their disbelief and disdain.
While tendering this apology, we are happy that the Department of State Security Service and other agencies have details of the sad events, which we urge them to submit to the Presidency.
OGUN GOVERNOR EXTOLS VIRTUE OF OLOTA OF OTA
WE WILL MAKE OGUN AGRICULTURAL CAPITAL OF NIGERIA- DAPO ABIODUN
Dr Chris Okafor Stages another Powerful Prophetic and Deliverance ‘2 Night with the King’ conference in Lagos
Honourable Kayode Akiolu To Host Speaker of the House of Representatives.
Ogun State: Tribunal Dismisses Labour Party’s Petition
Cover Of The Week
- The Power of Storytelling June 24, 2019
- U.S. Embassy Statement on June 22 Attacks June 24, 2019
- Africa Oil & Power to Honor Senegal President as “Africa Oil Man of the Year” June 23, 2019
- Uganda defeats Kenya in Elgon Cup June 23, 2019
- Statement attributable to the Spokesman for the Secretary-General on presidential elections in Mauritania June 21, 2019
- Over 2,100 Ethiopian Migrants return home from Yemen with Organization for Migration (IOM) support June 21, 2019
- Quality, Reliable and Comparable Data Critical for Migration Management and Governance: IOM Zimbabwe June 21, 2019
- Tanzania: Authorities rushing to pass bill to further repress human rights June 21, 2019
- UN Country Team and UNAMID deplore the looting and destruction of UN agency properties in Graida, South Darfur June 21, 2019
- Secretary-General appoints Yacoub El Hillo of Sudan as Deputy Special Representative for Libya June 21, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips4 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized4 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Crime2 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Business2 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank