It’s no longer news that one of the honourable members of the Ogun state house of assembly, Hon. Oludare Kadiri representing Ijebu north state constituency had dragged two contractors handling the ecological fund projects in Ogun state to the floor of the house over what the Speaker as called unsubstantiated allegation by the lawmaker in question.
Event have however taken another dimension has contractors handling the projects divulged that the only reason the lawmaker has gone to the floor of the state house to blackmail their firms is their rejection of the plea for kickbacks on a project that hasn’t been completed.
The contractor through its engineer stated that it is highly illegal for the lawmaker to question the integrity of their firm which has built a solid brand over time with branches and clientele all over major cities in Nigeria.
We gathered that trouble broke out when the lawmaker alleged invaded construction site with hoodlums and thugs but was chased by the community youths who are the major beneficiary of the project in terms of supply of construction materials.
The angry youths we gathered took over the responsibility to stop the aggrieved lawmaker who was alleged to have made several attempts to reach out to the contractors for monies from the on going construction project.
Contractors had stated that it is not only wrong for the lawmaker to make false claims about their firm on the floor of the house without any genuine proof or technical details of the on going project.
The contactors has however challenged the lawmaker to go do his findings on jobs that has been handled by the construction giants in other parts of the country.
They further advise that the lawmaker should desist from cheap blackmail in other to drive home a point claiming that his chat with a national assembly lawmaker was leaked and his plot to blackmail the firm weren’t hidden. The management however advised the lawmaker to always put the electorate ahead of his selfish agenda reiterating that he should be partner in being dividend of democracy to the door step of his people instead of asking for blackmailing after his unsuccessful bribe request.
Cover Of The Week
- Coronavirus - Eswatini: COVID-19 daily update (12 June 2021) June 13, 2021
- Residents of Mogadishu and surrounding areas meet for peacebuilding dialogue June 13, 2021
- Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs, ILO and UNICEF commit to ending Child Labour in Somalia June 13, 2021
- Joint UN Press Release - UN agencies in Sudan reach conflict-affected communities in non-government-controlled areas for first time in a decade June 13, 2021
- Coronavirus - Rwanda: COVID-19 update (12 June 2021) June 13, 2021
- The Lionesses of Cameroon win the return Test Match against Burkina Faso June 13, 2021
- Tackling surges in severe COVID-19 cases in Africa June 12, 2021
- Coronavirus: African Union Member States reporting COVID-19 cases as of 12 June 2021, 9 am EAT June 12, 2021
- Coronavirus - Namibia: COVID-19 update (11 June 2021) June 12, 2021
- Coronavirus - Sierra Leone: COVID-19 update (11 June 2021) June 12, 2021
Politics7 months ago
US SUPREME COURT DECISION CONFIRMS TB JOSHUA PROPHECY
religion6 months ago
Kidnapping In Aso Rock, CBN Governor Indictment, Death Of Governor, Others – Primate Ayodele Fearful 2021 Prophecies
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
Profile of New Chief of Army Staff Maj Gen Ibrahim Attahiru
Fashion/Lifestyle2 months ago
How To Make a Girl Horny Fast – 9 Easy Tricks