The Ogun State Government has launched a mobile application that will enhance information dissemination among health workers in the state as one of the the measures to contain the Coronavirus incident.
The Commissioner for Health, Dr. Tomi Coker, who made this known at the Emergency Operation Committee held on Sunday in Oke-Mosan, Abeokuta, said that the Android application christened “CommCare” will serve as one resource for information about case definition.
Coker said that the mobile device will help health workers at the primary health center to easily do risk assessment before it escalates to the local government level, pointing out that the application has been rolled out at Ewekoro Local Government area to enhance the activities of health workers.
The Commissioner further revealed that the application will be deployed for use in two other priority areas, including, Ado-Odo/Ota and Ifo Local Government areas respectively given the volume of industrial activities in their locality.
“Since the first case of Covid-19 was confirmed, we have launched the mobile application to help disseminate information to local government and primary health center. It is a decision tree mobile application for health workers.
“ The mobile App will enable our health workers to easily do the risk assessment of patient at the primary health center (PHC) before it escalates to the local government level,”she said.
The Commissioner assured that the Prince Dapo Abiodun led government has all it takes to contain the Covid-19, calling on members of the public to remain calm and practice personal hygiene.
In his remarks, the Executive Secretary, Ogun State Primary Health Care Development Board, Dr. Elijah Ogunsola, commended the Commissioner for Health for coming up with the initiative of having a mobile application that will aid health workers at this crucial moment.
Ogunsola said that all primary health centers will use the mobile application to alert the State of any form of emergency.
Cover Of The Week
- Coronavirus - Somalia: Update on COVID-19 13 July 2020 July 14, 2020
- Coronavirus - Nigeria: 595 new cases of COVID-19 Nigeria July 14, 2020
- Coronavirus - Nigeria: COVID-19 Situation Report for Nigeria (12th July 2020) July 13, 2020
- Coronavirus - Nigeria: NiCaDe activities to support COVID-19 response in Nigeria July 13, 2020
- Africa Women Innovation and Entrepreneurship Forum (AWIEF) Launches Enterprise Development for Women-Owned Ventures in Green Energy Startup Incubator – Call for Applications Announced July 13, 2020
- Coronavirus - South Africa: COVID-19 update for South Africa (12 July 2020) July 13, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: Induction of Rapid Response Vehicles for COVID-19 response in Kenya July 13, 2020
- Coronavirus - South Sudan: UNMISS donates COVID-19 personal protection equipment to South Sudanese police July 13, 2020
- International Labour Organization (ILO) Global Summit builds commitment to create better world of work after COVID-19 July 13, 2020
- Coronavirus - Africa: COVID-19 WHO Africa Update 13 July 2020 July 13, 2020
news4 months ago
Governor Dapo Abiodun : The Silent Hardworking Governor
Uncategorized4 weeks ago
STOP PRESS! AJIMOBI IS NOT DEAD SAYS SPOKESMAN, BOLAJI TUNJI
Politics2 months ago
Lagos Speaker,Rt. Hon. Mudashiru Obasa Clears The Air On Fraud Rumour
Education1 month ago
Methodist owned Wesley University owe staff up to 40 months Salaries