The Federal High Court sitting in Abuja on Tuesday, 2nd June has confirmed 30th June for the hearing of the substantive case brought before the court.
Justice Mohammed, in a ruling joined the newly elected Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Ogun State, Hon. Samson Bamgbose and three others, Bimbo Lanre Balogun, Segun Awoyomi and Mulikat Kusimo as parties in a suit filed by the national leadership of the PDP at the behest of Hon. Ladi Adebutu against the erstwhile Chief Adebayo Dayo-led State Executive Committee of the Party.
The Court however upheld that Prince Ajibola Oluyede will continue as counsel to the PDP Ogun State Executive Committee. The Plaintiff’s lawyer first made a proposal that the parties seeking to be joined should be joined in their personal capacity and the matter proceed to substantive hearing with Adebayo Dayo representing the State Exco.
Prince Oluyede rejected the proposal and made a counter proposal that Hon. Samson Bamgbose and others apart from Adebayo Dayo who can stay on as a party in his own personal capacity.
It would be recalled that Dayo had written a 30th of March, 2020, purportedly debriefing Oluyede as counsel to the State Exco.
This move was, however, challenged by Bamgbose and other members of the State Executive Committee who retained Oluyede as their counsel through their counter letters of 31st March, 2020 and 8th April, 2020.
Prince Oluyede informed the court that Dayo has been compromised and his intention is to align with the plaintiff to get a judgment that will be favourable to him and the plaintiff, hence he cannot decide who should be the counsel to State Exco; more so, he has been suspended and his term of office has also elapsed.
Ruling, the court granted the application of interested parties seeking to be joined as defendants in the matter (Bamgbose, Lanre-Balogun, Awoyomi and Kusimo) and further held that Oluyede will continue to act as counsel to the Ogun State PDP Exco while Odugbesan will be counsel to Dayo.
After much back and forth, the court eventually accepted that Prince Oluyede will continue to act as counsel to the Ogun State PDP Exco led by Bamgbose while Odugbesan will be counsel to Dayo.
Chief Adeniyi Odugbesan tried in vain to convince the court on why he should be heard and admitted as the new counsel to the State Exco.
With this development, the effort by Dayo and his cohorts to collude with the Ladi Adebutu group and have a smooth sail by shutting out the Bamgbose-led State Exco has failed woefully.
However, Adebayo Dayo will remain as first defendant and his representative will be Chief Adeniyi Odugbesan while Prince Ajibola Oluyede will represent Bamgbose-led State Exco.
The court thereafter adjourned till 30th June, 2020, for definite hearing of the matter.
Cover Of The Week
- Coronavirus - Sierra Leone: COVID-19 Updates (Friday, 3 July 2020, Time: 15:00) July 4, 2020
- Coronavirus - Nigeria: COVID-19 Situation Report for Nigeria (3rd July 2020) July 4, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: COVID-19 Update (4 July 2020) July 4, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: Distribution of Cases by County as of 4 July 2020 July 4, 2020
- Coronavirus - Africa: COVID-19 WHO Africa Update as of 4 July 2020 July 4, 2020
- Coronavirus - Gambia: Daily Case Update as of 3rd July 2020 July 4, 2020
- Coronavirus - South Africa: COVID-19 statistics in South Africa as at 3rd July 2020 July 4, 2020
- Coronavirus - Zimbabwe: COVID-19 update, 3rd July 2020 July 4, 2020
- Coronavirus - Nigeria: COVID-19 case update for Nigeria (3rd July, 2020) July 4, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: Importance of Community Health Volunteers in COVID-19 awareness July 4, 2020
celebrity radar - gossips7 months ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
news4 months ago
Governor Dapo Abiodun : The Silent Hardworking Governor
Uncategorized2 weeks ago
STOP PRESS! AJIMOBI IS NOT DEAD SAYS SPOKESMAN, BOLAJI TUNJI
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Prince Ned Nwoko Poses With His Wives