As the National Assembly began a two-week break, the executive Governor of Ogun State, Prince Dapo Abiodun has congratulated the leadership of the 9th National Assembly and charged federal lawmakers to spend the time judiciously by widely consulting with their constituents on programmes and Bills that will promote good governance.
In a release by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Kunle Somorin, the governor expressed his joy over the successful emergence of the leadership in both Chambers of the National Assembly.
In his words; “Holding a rancour-free election process by members of the 9th National Assembly is indeed a great feat in the democratic development of our great nation. Both Chambers have demonstrated their resolve to be real democrats by running a transparent and participatory process that produced Senator Ahmad Lawan and Rt. Hon Femi Gbajabiamila as the Senate President and Speaker respectively.”
Gov. Abiodun said the new helmsmen are loyal party members and dogged democrats, whose credentials at the legislature are enviable.
He added: “I am not surprised at their emergence and will enjoin distinguished senators and honourable members to give them the maximum support for them to partner with President Muhammadu Buhari to deliver the dividends of democracy to our people and lift our people out of poverty. I’m proud of their acumen, character, insight, competence and patriotism.
“As we all look forward to a more united, focused and developed country, I want to charge members of the National Assembly to be more proactive with their duties and come up with laws that will continuously pave way for a peaceful and united nation; ensure prosperity of the citizenry and create an atmosphere for good governance to thrive in Nigeria.”
Prince Dapo Abiodun urged the legislators to be fully committed to the Next Level agenda of the Buhari-led government which promises to be people centric and impactful.
He further stressed the need for the legislators to consult their constituents at various levels and come up with robust socioeconomic issues that are critical to the overall development of the nation as this will equip and guide them on their major responsibility of law making.
He further called on the lawmakers to engage, sensitise and encourage their constituents to come up with recommendatory proposals and Bill’s that will bolster participatory democracy and prosperity for the people.
Cover Of The Week
- U.S. and Ghana partner to Build Capable and Resilient Security and Justice Sector Institutions January 23, 2020
- Intensifying cooperation on Libya – Maas visits Algiers and Tunis January 23, 2020
- Minister of Foreign Affairs meets with Minister of Foreign Affairs, African Cooperation, Moroccans residing abroad in Rabat January 23, 2020
- 2020 Sudan Humanitarian Response Plan (HRP) launched January 23, 2020
- Chinese Embassy in Tanzania Held a Round-table to Enhance Cooperation With Major Tanzanian Media January 23, 2020
- Winning community trust in Ebola control January 23, 2020
- SA sides gear up for action-packed Guinness PRO14 derby January 23, 2020
- United Arab Emirates (UAE) condemns Burkina Faso blast January 23, 2020
- Minister of Foreign Affairs and the Ambassador of Japan analyze the strengthening of Bilateral Cooperation between Angola and Japan January 23, 2020
- U.S. Government handover 16 Motorcycles to President’s Office – Regional Administrator and Local Government (PORALG) for improved Community HIV Services January 23, 2020
Sports6 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
news6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria