As the National Assembly began a two-week break, the executive Governor of Ogun State, Prince Dapo Abiodun has congratulated the leadership of the 9th National Assembly and charged federal lawmakers to spend the time judiciously by widely consulting with their constituents on programmes and Bills that will promote good governance.
In a release by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Kunle Somorin, the governor expressed his joy over the successful emergence of the leadership in both Chambers of the National Assembly.
In his words; “Holding a rancour-free election process by members of the 9th National Assembly is indeed a great feat in the democratic development of our great nation. Both Chambers have demonstrated their resolve to be real democrats by running a transparent and participatory process that produced Senator Ahmad Lawan and Rt. Hon Femi Gbajabiamila as the Senate President and Speaker respectively.”
Gov. Abiodun said the new helmsmen are loyal party members and dogged democrats, whose credentials at the legislature are enviable.
He added: “I am not surprised at their emergence and will enjoin distinguished senators and honourable members to give them the maximum support for them to partner with President Muhammadu Buhari to deliver the dividends of democracy to our people and lift our people out of poverty. I’m proud of their acumen, character, insight, competence and patriotism.
“As we all look forward to a more united, focused and developed country, I want to charge members of the National Assembly to be more proactive with their duties and come up with laws that will continuously pave way for a peaceful and united nation; ensure prosperity of the citizenry and create an atmosphere for good governance to thrive in Nigeria.”
Prince Dapo Abiodun urged the legislators to be fully committed to the Next Level agenda of the Buhari-led government which promises to be people centric and impactful.
He further stressed the need for the legislators to consult their constituents at various levels and come up with robust socioeconomic issues that are critical to the overall development of the nation as this will equip and guide them on their major responsibility of law making.
He further called on the lawmakers to engage, sensitise and encourage their constituents to come up with recommendatory proposals and Bill’s that will bolster participatory democracy and prosperity for the people.
Boroffice congratulates Bello, Lyon over hard-won victories
ABIODUN CONGRATULATES BELLO, LYON
Pastor Ize-Iyamu Mocks Edo PDP
The Last Dance of Akinlade/APM Legal Gambit: Time Will Tell
HOW TO STOP FUTURE OTA TOLL GATE DISASTERS – GOV ABIODUN
Cover Of The Week
- Stronger data and evidence crucial for Africa’s policymakers November 19, 2019
- Blue economy can be a site of economic production – ECA November 19, 2019
- A strong partnership for financial inclusion in Namibia: German development bank KfW and NamPost intensify their cooperation to support SMEs and households in rural areas November 19, 2019
- Messi Meets Patients from Save a Child’s Heart November 19, 2019
- 30 years of child rights: Historic gains and undeniable achievements, but little progress for the world’s poorest children - UNICEF November 19, 2019
- Ambassador of Kazakhstan presented credential letters to the President of Ethiopia November 19, 2019
- H.E. Mr. Andrii Pravednyk, Ambassador of Ukraine to the Republic of Kenya held a meeting with H.E. Ambassador Jonhson Weru, Director, Directorate of Economic Affairs and Commercial Diplomacy, MFA of the Republic of Kenya November 19, 2019
- Foreign Involvement in Libya Must be Stopped, Top Official Tells Security Council, Describing ‘Race Against Time’ to Reach Peaceful Solution, Spare Lives November 19, 2019
- Ethiopia and Norway held the 5th Political Consultation on today in Oslo November 18, 2019
- Côte d’Ivoire Elephants encounter Rwanda Silverbacks in Rugby Africa Cup 2020 elimination stage November 18, 2019
Business7 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Politics6 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Interviews5 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin
Sports4 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today