Lagos State Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has appointed Justice Kazeem Alogba as the Acting Chief Judge of the state, following the exit of Justice Opeyemi Oke, who is retiring from state judiciary after statutory years of service.
In accordance with constitutional provisions, Governor Sanwo-Olu approved the nomination of Justice Alogba, who is the most senior judge in line, to preside over the state judiciary in acting capacity, pending the approval of the National Judicial Council (NJC) and confirmation by the Lagos State House of Assembly.
The outgoing Justice Oke’s tenure ends today, June 10, 2019.
In a statement by his Deputy Chief Press Secretary, Gboyega Akosile, Gov. Sanwo-Olu said Alogba’s appointment would take effect from Tuesday, June 11, noting that the instant appointment of the Acting Chief Judge was necessary to prevent a vacuum in the state judiciary.
The statement reads: “In accordance with Section 271 (1) and (4) of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (as amended), His Excellency Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu, Governor of Lagos State has appointed Honourable Justice Kazeem O. Alogba as the 17th Chief Judge of the statewith effect from Tuesday 11th June 2019, in acting capacity.
“Prior to his appointment, Justice Alogba was the most senior of the 58 Justices in the state judiciary, who was next to the outgoing Chief Judge, and had chaired the Committee on the review of the High Court Civil Procedure Rules, which culminated in the new High Court of Lagos (Civil Procedure) Rules of 2019 that came into force on 31 January 2019.”
According to the statement, Justice Alogba will be sworn-in on Thursday, June 13, in the Governor’s Office, Alausa at 10am.
DEPUTY CHIEF PRESS SECRETARY
JUNE 10, 2019
PMB DIDN’T REJECT ABIODUN-SANWO-OLU ROAD REPAIR PROPOSAL
AMOSUN OBAS: WE’LL MAKE OUR DECISION PUBLIC SOON- ABIODUN
India Support orphanage Named After TB Joshua In South Sudan
Seyi & Layal Tinubu’s Noella Foundation Partners Food Clique Support to Feed Students on World Food Day
FIRST BANK: TOWARDS REVIVING NIGERIA’S TEXTILE INDUSTRY
Cover Of The Week
- Award-Winning Actress Julia Ormond, Egyptian Actor Asser Yassin join Global Migration Film Festival 2019 Jury October 18, 2019
- Didier Reynders confirms Belgium’s commitment to the Children and Armed Conflict agenda October 18, 2019
- A Hispanic American at U.S. Embassy Malabo October 18, 2019
- Contest: Aweil Students Test Their Spelling Abilities on Key Words in Country’s Peace Agreement October 18, 2019
- Wang Yi and South African International Relations and Cooperation Minister Naledi Pandor hold talks October 18, 2019
- The Ceremony of Handing Over of Agricultural Equipment within the Framework of the Japanese Programme « Support to Underpriviledged Gambian Farmers » to the Gambia October 18, 2019
- World Bank and International Monetary Fund (IMF) Annual Meetings in Washington: European Investment Bank (EIB) mobilises substantial resources in Tunisia October 18, 2019
- World Food Prize and World Hunger Fighters Foundation Launch Fellowship for Young African Agribusiness Innovators October 18, 2019
- Kenya Takes Vital Step Against Cervical Cancer and Introduces Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) Vaccine into Routine Immunization October 18, 2019
- Chinese Ambassador Zhao Yanbo attended the Groundbreaking Ceremony of China-aid Kazungula Primary School October 18, 2019
Business6 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Politics5 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Crime6 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Interviews4 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin