Connect with us

news

Dear General Elijah Ayodele, Where Is the Next Coup Taking Place?

Published

on

W’ Cup Qualifiers: How Super Eagles Coach Ruined Nigeria’s Chances by Ignoring Primate Ayodele’s Warnings* By Adedayo Olumide

By Sammy Godson

Seeing the title General attached to Elijah Ayodele may surprise many because everyone knows he is not a member of the army, nor has he ever been publicly addressed as such. But permit me to re-christen him, because at this point, his revelations on security matters go far beyond what an army general’s intelligence can cover.

General Elijah Ayodele is a prophet and the leader of the INRI Evangelical Spiritual Church in Lagos, yet one wonders how he has accurately foretold coup-related events across Africa—events that have been happening exactly as he mentioned.

There is a huge difference between vaguely predicting that coups will occur in a continent and specifically naming the exact countries where they will take place—and seeing them happen precisely that way. Even the world’s most powerful army general cannot achieve such accuracy, no matter the intelligence available. It is absolutely impossible.

An army general is limited to the affairs of his own country. A Nigerian general cannot know of a coup being planned in Benin Republic, and vice versa. Yet General Elijah Ayodele will sit in Lagos and speak of dangerous events such as military coups in distant countries, and they happen exactly as though he wrote the script.

This simply shows that General Elijah Ayodele is firmly connected to the throne of heaven, from where all things are revealed. As the Bible says, God does nothing without revealing it to His prophets. His prophets are His generals, and in Nigeria, we can boldly say that General Elijah Ayodele is not just a member of God’s troops but a commander—no one else comes close.

Starting with the latest coup attempt in Africa, which occurred in Benin Republic: on Sunday morning, a group of soldiers seized the national television station to announce that they had taken over the country and removed President Talon from power. They declared the suspension of all political activities and the constitution. It was a tense situation before the soldiers were repelled, resulting in the ultimate failure of the coup.

This did not happen without General Elijah Ayodele mentioning it days earlier. He had spoken about it at least three times, with the last warning given on Friday—just two days before the incident. He said some countries would experience revolutions through coups or elections, and Benin Republic was among them. He warned these nations to prepare, and within two days, it happened.

His exact words were:

“The following nations will face revolution in the coming year, either by coup or any other way. There will be disorderliness in the following countries: Cameroon, Chad, Niger, Mali, Tanzania, Benin Republic, Ethiopia, South Sudan, and Uganda. Let them prepare for the challenges ahead.”

Recently, a coup also occurred in Guinea-Bissau after the presidential election. The army announced that they had taken over the country, suspended all electoral activities, and removed the president from power.

This, too, did not occur without General Elijah Ayodele’s warning earlier in November. He called on the president to be careful during the election and not tamper with the process, warning that a coup could occur if he attempted it. In videos and news publications, he advised the president to step down if he lost, so as not to be removed unconstitutionally.

He said:

“In Guinea-Bissau, there is going to be an election, but if there is a coalition and the president tries to rig the election, the country will turn to fire. There will be anarchy, and the impossible coup can be possible. To the president: if you lose this election, just leave. Don’t force yourself because you will fail.”

Additionally, during a live service on November 11, General Ayodele said that Guinea-Bissau would experience military action. He specifically warned that the president would lose relevance and would need to take urgent steps to stabilize the country.

His words were:

“Guinea-Bissau: The country isn’t yet settled; there is still a crisis. They will be fighting seriously. The president will not be reckoned with, and the military will carry out another action. The president must be ready to do anything to stabilize the country because I see a crisis in Guinea.”

Let us also not forget the reported attempt to unseat President Bola Ahmed Tinubu months ago, which allegedly led to the removal of some service chiefs. Weeks before the incident, General Ayodele specifically mentioned that soldiers were angry with the president and that powerful Nigerians were planning to use the military against him.

He warned:

“There will be an attempt to unseat Tinubu unconstitutionally; the NSA, DSS, and Chief of Army Staff must be careful. There are gangs planning between November and January to unseat him.”

“Even the Navy and Air Force will be part of it, including the Nigerian Army. President Tinubu must be ready for anything and fortify himself. He needs to change his security strategy because these personalities will be unbelievable names.”

In July 2025, he had also said that Tinubu must strengthen his security system because he foresaw an attempt to carry out a coup against his government.

“I see an attempt to take power from him (Tinubu) in an unconstitutional manner. God warns him to take his personal safety seriously. What I saw was coup-like, with tension everywhere.”

Going back further, in 2019—before the 2020 coup in Mali—General Ayodele warned in his prophecy for 2020 (released in December 2019) that there would be a gang-up against the president. Just months into the new year, it came to pass.

He had said:

“There will be a gang-up against the Malian president. The country should pray against protests and disorderliness.”

In Gabon, before Ali Bongo was ousted, General Ayodele stood in his church on October 7, 2022, during a live service and advised Bongo to resign because the military would remove him. This was long before the election that ultimately ended in a coup.

He told Bongo:

“Gabonese president, your time is up. I am seeing a crisis, if not a coup d’état. Because of your health, why not resign? Why do you want to die on this seat? I am telling you what the Lord has said. Your staying on the throne is killing you. You are incapacitated, but no one is telling you the truth. I am advising you to humble yourself, resign, and hand over to someone who can do better so you won’t cause a crisis in your country.”

Other coups—including those in Niger and Burkina Faso—were also foretold by General Ayodele. Even though some governments did nothing until events swept them away, one thing is certain: none of them can ever say the prophet did not warn them.

However, for the sake of the good citizens of the nations concerned, I would like to ask the General:
Where is the next coup taking place?

Thank you.

 

Continue Reading
Advertisement

news

Buratai Pays Tribute to Ihejirika at 70, Hails Mentorship and Legacy of Leadership

Published

on

Buratai Pays Tribute to Ihejirika at 70, Hails Mentorship and Legacy of Leadership

Buratai Pays Tribute to Ihejirika at 70, Hails Mentorship and Legacy of Leadership

 

Former Chief of Army Staff and Nigeria’s immediate past Ambassador to the Republic of Benin, Lt. Gen. (Rtd) Tukur Yusuf Buratai, has paid a glowing tribute to his predecessor, Lt. Gen. OA Ihejirika, as the retired General marks his 70th birthday.

 

Buratai Pays Tribute to Ihejirika at 70, Hails Mentorship and Legacy of Leadership

In a heartfelt message released in Abuja on Friday, Buratai described Ihejirika as not only a distinguished soldier and statesman, but also a commander, mentor, and “architect of leadership” whose influence shaped a generation of senior military officers.

 

Buratai recalled that his professional rise within the Nigerian Army was significantly moulded under Ihejirika’s command, citing key appointments that defined his career trajectory.

Buratai Pays Tribute to Ihejirika at 70, Hails Mentorship and Legacy of Leadership

 

According to him, the trust reposed in him through early command responsibilities, including his first command posting at Headquarters 2 Brigade and later as Commandant of the Nigerian Army School of Infantry, laid a solid foundation for his future leadership roles.

 

“These opportunities were not mere appointments; they were strategic investments in leadership,” Buratai noted, adding that such exposure prepared him for higher national responsibilities.

Buratai Pays Tribute to Ihejirika at 70, Hails Mentorship and Legacy of Leadership

He further acknowledged that the mentorship and professional grounding he received under Ihejirika’s leadership were instrumental in his eventual appointment as Chief of Army Staff and later as Nigeria’s Ambassador to the Republic of Benin.

 

Buratai praised Ihejirika’s command philosophy, describing it as professional, pragmatic, and mission-driven. He said the former Army Chief led by example, combining firm strategic direction with a clear blueprint for excellence that continues to influence military leadership practices.

Buratai Pays Tribute to Ihejirika at 70, Hails Mentorship and Legacy of Leadership

 

“At seventy, General Ihejirika has earned the right to reflect on a legacy secured,” Buratai stated, praying for good health, peace, and enduring joy for the retired General as he enters a new decade.

 

He concluded by expressing profound gratitude for the leadership, mentorship, and lasting example provided by Ihejirika over the years.

 

The tribute was signed by Lt. Gen. Tukur Yusuf Buratai, who described himself as a grateful mentee and successor, underscoring the enduring bonds of mentorship within the Nigerian Army’s top leadership.

Continue Reading

news

Sagamu Plantation Row: Igimisoje-Anoko Family Challenges LG Claim

Published

on

The Odumena Igimisoje-Anoko family of Orile-Ofin in Sagamu Local Government Area of Ogun State has strongly disputed claims by the Sagamu Local Government that a large expanse of land near the Sagamu–Ikenne Road belongs to the state government, insisting that the property remains ancestral land belonging to their forefathers.
The family’s reaction follows a public warning issued by the Chairman of Sagamu Local Government, Ogbeni Jubril Olasile Odulate, cautioning residents against purchasing or occupying portions of what he described as a “state-owned rubber plantation” located beside the Ogun State Low-Cost Housing Estate near the NYSC Orientation Camp.
In the statement, the council alleged that some individuals were illegally selling and developing the land and maintained that the property had been earmarked for the proposed New Sagamu Government Reserved Area (GRA).
However, the Akarigbo family has countered the claim, describing the land as private ancestral property and not government-owned.
Speaking on behalf of the family, Omoba Babatunde Adegboyega Igimisoje, Secretary of the Odumena Igimisoje-Anoko family, said the land forms part of Orile-Ofin, which he described as the ancestral headquarters of Remo before the creation of Sagamu town.
According to him, the area is an inheritance from their forefathers and historically belongs to the Akarigbo lineage.
“Orile-Ofin is our ancestral land and the headquarters of Remo in those days. It was during the reign of our forefathers that Sagamu was later formed and settled in 1872, while Orile-Ofin remained our village,” he said.
He explained that the specific portion currently in dispute historically belonged to Oba Odumena Igimisoje-Anoko, whom he described as the last Igimisoje-Anoko to reign as king on the land.
Reacting to the local government’s ownership claim, Adegboyega insisted that the rubber plantation was never government property.
He said the land was only temporarily acquired by the old Western Region government in 1959 for agricultural purposes.
“In 1959, the Western Region acquired the land for rubber plantation, but that did not transfer ownership to the government permanently,” he stated.
The family further claimed that the land was later returned to the original owners.
According to him, during the administration of former Governor Gbenga Daniel between 2008 and 2011, steps were taken to return the land to the family, while his successor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun, allegedly revoked lingering government control and formally handed it back to the Odumena Igimisoje-Anoko family.
“It was duly returned to the rightful owners. So it is surprising to now hear that the land is being described as local government property,” he said.
He cautioned the council chairman against interfering in what he called a family land matter.
“The rubber plantation land is not government land and does not belong to the local government. The chairman should not join an issue he does not fully understand,” he added.
In the same vein, Prince Abdul Fatai, an executive member of the Anoko family, also warned the local government to stay away from the land, describing it as their forefathers’ heritage.
He appealed to the Ogun State Government and the Akarigbo of Remoland to intervene in the matter to prevent tension and ensure peace in the community.
“We are calling on the state government and the Akarigbo to step in so that this issue can be resolved peacefully. This is our inheritance, and we want justice,” he said.
Meanwhile, Sagamu Local Government had maintained that the land belongs to the Ogun State Government and warned that anyone found buying, selling, fencing or developing plots in the area would face arrest and prosecution.
The dispute has now set the stage for a possible legal and administrative battle over ownership, with both sides standing firm on their claims.
Residents say they hope authorities and traditional institutions will urgently intervene to clarify ownership and prevent further conflict or losses for unsuspecting buyers.
Continue Reading

news

Sagamu Communities Exonerate Sir Kay Oluwo, Accuse Teriba of Land Invasions, Violence

Published

on

Residents of Ajeregun and eight other neighbouring communities in Sagamu Local Government Area of Ogun State have distanced businessman Sir Kay Oluwo from allegations of land grabbing and unrest in the area, instead accusing one Kazeem Teriba and his associates of orchestrating violent land invasions and illegal sales of community lands.
The community’s attempts to link Sir Kay Oluwo to the disturbances were false and misleading, maintaining that he only acquired lands through legitimate family transactions backed by agreements and receipts.
Speaking on behalf of Ajeregun and Oyewole Bakare villages, Mr. Akani Awokoya said Teriba and his group had been crossing into neighbouring communities to sell lands without the consent of rightful owners.
“It is not Sir Kay Oluwo that is disturbing us,” Awokoya said. “Kazeem Teriba and his boys are the ones causing the problem. They come into our communities and start selling our lands without permission.”
He explained that Sir Kay Oluwo purchased land lawfully from his family.
“I personally sold my father’s land to Sir Kay. We have agreements and receipts. It was a proper transaction,” he added.
Awokoya alleged that Teriba’s group had been linked to repeated acts of intimidation and violence in the area, creating fear among residents.
“These people operate like bandits. They invade communities and disturb the peace. We have reported them to the police and also petitioned the Akarigbo-in-Council,” he said.
Corroborating the claims, the Public Relations Officer representing the nine communities in Aroko Latawa village, Prince Raheem Shitta Adeoye, also absolved Sir Kay Oluwo of any wrongdoing.
According to him, the unrest being experienced across the communities began last year and was allegedly tied to Teriba and his associates.
“Sir Kay Oluwo is not disturbing anyone here. Kazeem Teriba and his boys are the ones causing the unrest. That is why all the nine communities are crying out to the government for help,” Adeoye said.
He noted that Oluwo only purchased land legitimately, while some individuals were laying claim to ownership of multiple villages.
Meanwhile, families in the affected communities, through their solicitors, Tawose & Tawose Chambers, have submitted a petition to the Inspector-General of Police over the alleged activities of Teriba and several others.
The petition accused the suspects of offences including aiding and abetting violence, conspiracy, unlawful possession of firearms and ammunition, assault, and conduct likely to cause a breach of public peace.
The solicitors alleged that the named individuals invaded Ajeregun village in Sagamu armed with guns, shooting sporadically and causing panic among residents.
They further claimed that during one of the incidents, a villager, Nasiru Semiu, sustained gunshot wounds and later died, while others were injured.
In a response dated January 5, 2026, the Office of the Inspector-General of Police acknowledged receipt of the petition and directed the Commissioner of Police, Ogun State Command, Eleweran, Abeokuta, to investigate the matter.
The letter, signed by CP Lateef Adio Ahmed, Principal Staff Officer to the Inspector-General of Police, confirmed that the case had been referred to the state command for appropriate action.
Community leaders said the development reinforces their call for a thorough investigation and urged the state government and security agencies to intervene to restore peace.
They maintained that Sir Kay Oluwo should not be blamed for the crisis and insisted that attention should instead focus on those allegedly responsible for the disturbances.
Meanwhile, Mr. Kazeem Teriba could not be reached for comment, as calls placed to his phone were not answered at the time of filing this report.
Continue Reading

Cover Of The Week

Trending