Last week, the Nigeria Labour Congress and workers in Imo state threatened the government with strike action if it fails to pay up their salary arrears and call back 3,000 sacked workers.
They also promise to shut down everywhere in Imo state including petrol stations,19 parastatal, agencies and departments and this means serious cripple of the economy of Imo.
The Imo State Government has therefore begged them to reverse their plans.
According to a press statement signed on behalf of the Governor by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Sam Onwuemeodo, government begged labour not to embark on any strike that would not benefit anyone.
“The national leadership of the NLC should be patriotic enough to advise the leadership of the NLC in the state to honour their invitations to participate in the high-powered 18 – member committee set up by the state governor to review the cases of the staff affected by the suspension in question, so that the matter can be resolved amicably in the spirit of no victor, no vanquished”, Okorocha pleaded.
The statement recalled that the inauguration of the committee could not take place last Tuesday, because the Labour Representatives did not come for the exercise.
Okorocha equally recalled that the Committee has the state NLC Chairman, the Trade Union Congress, TUC Chairman, the State Chairman of Nigeria Medical Association, NMA, and the Chairman of National Union of Local Government Employees, NULGE, as members.
Others chosen from labour unions are the Representative of Magistrates Association of Nigeria, Representative of Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, Imo State University, IMSU, Imo Polytechnic, Chairman of the Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, Chairman of Imo State branch of Nigeria Bar Association, NBA, and representative of the Judiciary Service Union of Nigeria, JUSUN.
Edo Police Command Parades 144 Suspects
Rep Member Hold Essay Competition For Constituent
Wellness HMO Again Adopts Three Women for ‘Wellness for Life’
Africa’s Global Bank, UBA is Now Available on Apple Business Chat
STRANSACT NIGERIA MERITS INTERNATIONAL ACCOUNTING GROUP (TIAG) PARTNERSHIP
Cover Of The Week
- UN Human Rights Council 42: Statement for the Universal Periodic Review on Ethiopia September 20, 2019
- Successful Digital Women Entrepreneurs at UN Assembly September 20, 2019
- As drought compounds security woes, Somalis flee to Ethiopia (By Katie Nguyen) September 20, 2019
- Africa and Europe share Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) experiences September 20, 2019
- Levente Magyar holds talks on Hungary-related business issues in Egypt September 20, 2019
- New ambassadors from Ireland, Namibia and Malaysia September 20, 2019
- Libya: humanitarian operation brings to Italy four Libyan paediatric patients September 20, 2019
- New International Organization for Migration (IOM) Data Collection Reveals Latest Migratory Trends in Mauritania September 20, 2019
- The International Organization for Migration (IOM) Deplores Death of Migrant, Killed Thursday upon Disembarkation in Tripoli September 20, 2019
- European Union (EU) Ambassador in first visit of Laikipia Country to launch joint projects with Laikipia County Government and Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) September 20, 2019
Business5 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Business6 months ago
News Flash! Ecobank Wins CBN/NIBSS Award For Data Integrity
Politics4 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS