A dry port that would encourage the processing of agricultural products for export, would be established around Itoro in Ewekoro Local Government Area of Ogun State.
The State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun disclosed this when he received a team from Africa Development Bank, led by the Senior Special Adviser to the President, Prof. Oyebanjo Oyelaran- Oyeyi Nka, on a courtesy call on him in his office at Oke-Mosan, Abeokuta.
Governor Abiodun said the establishment of the dry port would complement the airport currently under construction, as it would handle agriculture and related products.
He said agriculture remaind one of the sector his administration would focus on, as it was capable of ensuring food security and employment generation.
“Agriculture is one of the sectors we place emphasis on. It is on the front burner. We are looking for Investors to partner with us in driving the sector”, the Governor said.
He affirmed that the State Government would key into the various Central Bank of Nigeria’s interventions programmes on agriculture, calling on Investors in the sector, to take advantage of the conducive environment and availability of arable land to invest in the State.
Speaking earlier, Prof.Oyelaran-Oyeyi Nka, said the team was in the State to introduce Chinese Investors to various investments opportunities that abound and seek the support of government to enable them set up Businesses.
He said many nations, particularly from Europe, were making big success in agro-business, regretting that despite the huge potentials, the sector was largely neglected in Nigeria.
The Senior Special Adviser identified low yield of crops as one of the problems confronting agriculture in the country, saying that emphasis would be given to cassava processing to add value to to the produce and generate employment.
Prof. Oyelaran-Oyeyinka stated that there was a proposal to develop a 300 hectares of farmland in the State, adding that the team would visit Oyan Dam and the airport to see how they could be harness.
Also speaking, one of the investors, Mr. Junxiong Wang, who owns a paper company at Itori, attested to the conducive business environment in the State, saying he has been doing business in the state for the past ten years without any problem.
AMOSUN OBAS: WE’LL MAKE OUR DECISION PUBLIC SOON- ABIODUN
India Support orphanage Named After TB Joshua In South Sudan
Seyi & Layal Tinubu’s Noella Foundation Partners Food Clique Support to Feed Students on World Food Day
FIRST BANK: TOWARDS REVIVING NIGERIA’S TEXTILE INDUSTRY
Tony Kabaka threatens to kill himself if Gov Obaseki demolishes his Ugbor Hotel…video
Cover Of The Week
- Didier Reynders confirms Belgium’s commitment to the Children and Armed Conflict agenda October 18, 2019
- A Hispanic American at U.S. Embassy Malabo October 18, 2019
- Contest: Aweil Students Test Their Spelling Abilities on Key Words in Country’s Peace Agreement October 18, 2019
- Wang Yi and South African International Relations and Cooperation Minister Naledi Pandor hold talks October 18, 2019
- The Ceremony of Handing Over of Agricultural Equipment within the Framework of the Japanese Programme « Support to Underpriviledged Gambian Farmers » to the Gambia October 18, 2019
- World Bank and International Monetary Fund (IMF) Annual Meetings in Washington: European Investment Bank (EIB) mobilises substantial resources in Tunisia October 18, 2019
- World Food Prize and World Hunger Fighters Foundation Launch Fellowship for Young African Agribusiness Innovators October 18, 2019
- Kenya Takes Vital Step Against Cervical Cancer and Introduces Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) Vaccine into Routine Immunization October 18, 2019
- Chinese Ambassador Zhao Yanbo attended the Groundbreaking Ceremony of China-aid Kazungula Primary School October 18, 2019
- National Energy Services Reunited Corp. to Release Third Quarter 2019 Financial Results on Nov 6th October 18, 2019
Business6 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Politics4 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Crime6 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Interviews4 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin