Presdent Buhari in his 2019 Easter message says he rejoices with all Nigerians, especially the Christian brethren on the glorious occasion of the celebration of Easter 2019.
He went on to say, ‘easter is the most important feast in the Christian calendar and represents God’s redemptive mission over humanity, the triumph of light over darkness, hope over despair and good over evil’.
The Christian festival commemorating the resurrection of Jesus Christ is also a time to emulate the virtues of love, sacrifice, forgiveness, humility, courage and endurance, which Christ embodied and remarkably demonstrated during His earthly ministry.
Let us use this auspicious season to show love to our neighbours, and cater to the needs of the less-privileged in our midst.
Our nation is currently gripped with gloom over unfortunate killings, kidnappings and violence, as seen in the recent tragic incidents in some states of the federation.
This should not be. We must reinforce the bond of brotherhood and good neighbourliness that citizens of a cohesive country must share. We must not allow the few bad elements in our communities to put asunder our communal tendencies and chords of unity.
I know from my regular interactions with security chiefs, state governors, victims and members of communities caught up in the unfortunate cycle of violence, that Nigerians are united against the evil minority.
This administration will do all it takes to adequately equip and motivate our armed forces and other law enforcement agencies to enable them successfully confront these security challenges. We will not allow merchants of evil and death to overwhelm the nation. Under my watch, the nation will triumph over them – terrorists, bandits, kidnappers and the like.
On this holy occasion, I enjoin all Nigerians to intensify prayers for peace and security to return to all parts of the country. I also urge you not to lose hope of a brighter and greater future for the country when we do the right things in love. Weeping may endure for the night, but joy comes in the morning.
I do not take the import of my re-election for granted, especially the expectations of majority of Nigerians towards providing adequate security, fixing the economy and fighting corruption.
The obligation of this administration as we prepare to take governance to the Next Level, is to continue to provide dedicated and honest leadership, where every citizen irrespective of religion or ethnic origin, feels secure to live, invest and prosper; where public office holders are accountable; and law breakers are brought to justice.
Once more, I wish all our Christian brothers and sisters in Nigeria and around the world celebrating the resurrection of Jesus Christ, a Happy Easter.
April 18, 2019
26 years old Leader of notorious gang nabbed in Lagos
Apostle Suleman Inducted As Fellow of Nigerian Books of Record
Ekweremadu: LESSONS FROM NUREMBERG – Femi Fani-Kayode
Senate President condemns attack on Senator Ike Ekweremadu in Germany
THE PERSECUTION OF WINIFRED OYO-ITA …….by Princess Modupe Adedayo
Cover Of The Week
- Springbok Women qualify for 2021 Women’s Rugby World Cup August 18, 2019
- Women's Rugby World Cup African Qualifiers: South Africa defeated Kenya 39-0 on Saturday in Johannesburg during the Rugby Africa Women’s Cup August 17, 2019
- Women's Rugby World Cup African Qualifiers: Uganda drew 15-15 with Madagascar on Saturday in Johannesburg during the Rugby Africa Women’s Cup August 17, 2019
- More actors and funding urgently needed to curb deadly measles outbreak in Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) August 16, 2019
- French Development Agency (AFD) and Namibian Association of CBNRM Support Organisations (NACSO) organise a workshop on Innovative Finance for Namibian Conservation Ecosystem August 16, 2019
- Displaced by DR Congo violence, survivors’ testimonies highlight brutality of armed militia August 16, 2019
- State Visit of President of the Republic of Zambia to India (August 20-22, 2019) August 16, 2019
- UN Volunteers play a critical role in the implementation of MINUSMA mandate in Northern Mali August 16, 2019
- WHO collaborates with Nigerian Government to update the country health workforce profile August 16, 2019
- Tackling child malnutrition (by Islamane Abdou) August 16, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized6 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Business3 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime4 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others