As Nigeria continues to drive at an improved economy, experts at the next NECCI PR Roundtable are set to provide practical suggestions and solutions for a pragmatic approach to success for the country. Nkechi Ali-Balogun, the Chief Executive Officer at NECCI Limited gave this assurance as the company announced plans for the 19th edition of the NECCI PR Roundtable in Lagos.
According to Ali-Balogun, diversification of the Nigeria economy and optimally utilizing the country’s potentials are ready-made solutions for bringing out Nigeria from what appears to be an economic slumber. The roundtable will hold on Friday, October 17, 2019 at the Four Points by Sheraton in Victoria Island, Lagos.
“The theme for the 19th edition of the NECCI PR is “Awakening the Blue Giant: Catalyzing the Growth of Nigeria’s Maritime Economy through Public Relations”. Several studies have shown that with the potentials in the maritime sector, all we need to do as a people and government is to put in an effective strategy and be committed to an effective execution of such strategies. That would ensure that we fully tap into the economic benefits of the blue giant; the sleeping but sometimes restless oceans surrounding us”, Ali-Balogun said.
She added that “we have been so dependent on oil for a long time. However, the present global economic situation appears not to be in favour of what is gradually becoming a dangerous dependence on a mono-economy. However, to ensure that all stakeholders align and contribute their quota towards achieving the objectives of diversified economy, the communication must be right within the scope of effective public relations by the government”.
Consequently, discussants at the event will explore the potentials of Nigeria’s Maritime Economy, Study the Challenges and Proffer sustainable solutions that will engender greater influx of Foreign Direct Investment into the Maritime Sector. The Roundtable will create strategies through which a systemic transformation of the maritime sector will be achieved through the methodologies of public relations.
The Lead paper will be presented by His Excellency, Dr. Benedict Oramah, President of the African Export-Import Bank, AFREXIM, Cairo, Egypt. The Chairman of the occasion is none other than the highly dynamic Director-General of NIMASA, Ama Okusenibo Dakulu Peterside. A special panel on “Creating Synergies towards Catalyzing a Government and Private Sector Driven Development of the Nigerian Blue Economy” will feature panelists will including the Executive Secretary/CEO, Shippers Council, Hassan Bello, Femi Awoyemi, MD Proshare, Mr. Bashir Jamoh, Executive Director, NIMASA, Dr. Jumoke Kassim, Executive Director, Earthshield International Foundation, Squadron Leader Ibikunle Daramola among other distinguished personalities
Since its inception in the year 2000, the NECCI PR Roundtable has helped broker the assimilation of global trends within the Nigerian Public Relations sector by opening the eyes of critical stakeholders to case studies from around the world from which the country may tap experiences. Past Speakers include but not exhausted; The Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Professor Yemi Osinbajo, Professor PLO Lumumba of Kenya, His Excellency Donald Duke, Dr. Oby Ezekwesili, Mrs Ibukun Awosika, Mr Femi Awoyemi.
Cover Of The Week
- The U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and Awash Bank Partnership Expands $6.4 Million in Credit Opportunities to Agriculture Enterprises in Ethiopia December 13, 2019
- Kenya & Tanzania: Over 3 million people to benefit from African Development Bank’s €345 million road construction support December 13, 2019
- New ambassadors from Egypt, Kosovo and Montenegro December 13, 2019
- The Republic of Kenya’s National Day December 13, 2019
- Immediate action needed as millions face hunger in Southern Africa, warns the Red Cross December 12, 2019
- India condemns terrorist attack in Niger December 12, 2019
- Aswan Forum 2019: UNDP’s experts discuss interlinkages between sustaining peace and development in Africa December 12, 2019
- The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) and International Organization for Migration (IOM): Over 5,000 Somali Refugees Voluntarily Returned Home from Yemen Since 2017 December 12, 2019
- CORRECTION - African Development Fund (ADF)-15 replenishment: Donors commit $7.6 billion, a 32% boost from last replenishment, in support of Africa’s low-income, fragile, countries December 12, 2019
- 25th United Nations Climate Change conference (COP 25): ‘Africa’s future depends on solidarity’ Leaders and development partners rally around climate change goals December 12, 2019
Politics6 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Interviews6 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin
Sports5 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .