As Nigeria continues to drive at an improved economy, experts at the next NECCI PR Roundtable are set to provide practical suggestions and solutions for a pragmatic approach to success for the country. Nkechi Ali-Balogun, the Chief Executive Officer at NECCI Limited gave this assurance as the company announced plans for the 19th edition of the NECCI PR Roundtable in Lagos.
According to Ali-Balogun, diversification of the Nigeria economy and optimally utilizing the country’s potentials are ready-made solutions for bringing out Nigeria from what appears to be an economic slumber. The roundtable will hold on Friday, October 17, 2019 at the Four Points by Sheraton in Victoria Island, Lagos.
“The theme for the 19th edition of the NECCI PR is “Awakening the Blue Giant: Catalyzing the Growth of Nigeria’s Maritime Economy through Public Relations”. Several studies have shown that with the potentials in the maritime sector, all we need to do as a people and government is to put in an effective strategy and be committed to an effective execution of such strategies. That would ensure that we fully tap into the economic benefits of the blue giant; the sleeping but sometimes restless oceans surrounding us”, Ali-Balogun said.
She added that “we have been so dependent on oil for a long time. However, the present global economic situation appears not to be in favour of what is gradually becoming a dangerous dependence on a mono-economy. However, to ensure that all stakeholders align and contribute their quota towards achieving the objectives of diversified economy, the communication must be right within the scope of effective public relations by the government”.
Consequently, discussants at the event will explore the potentials of Nigeria’s Maritime Economy, Study the Challenges and Proffer sustainable solutions that will engender greater influx of Foreign Direct Investment into the Maritime Sector. The Roundtable will create strategies through which a systemic transformation of the maritime sector will be achieved through the methodologies of public relations.
The Lead paper will be presented by His Excellency, Dr. Benedict Oramah, President of the African Export-Import Bank, AFREXIM, Cairo, Egypt. The Chairman of the occasion is none other than the highly dynamic Director-General of NIMASA, Ama Okusenibo Dakulu Peterside. A special panel on “Creating Synergies towards Catalyzing a Government and Private Sector Driven Development of the Nigerian Blue Economy” will feature panelists will including the Executive Secretary/CEO, Shippers Council, Hassan Bello, Femi Awoyemi, MD Proshare, Mr. Bashir Jamoh, Executive Director, NIMASA, Dr. Jumoke Kassim, Executive Director, Earthshield International Foundation, Squadron Leader Ibikunle Daramola among other distinguished personalities
Since its inception in the year 2000, the NECCI PR Roundtable has helped broker the assimilation of global trends within the Nigerian Public Relations sector by opening the eyes of critical stakeholders to case studies from around the world from which the country may tap experiences. Past Speakers include but not exhausted; The Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Professor Yemi Osinbajo, Professor PLO Lumumba of Kenya, His Excellency Donald Duke, Dr. Oby Ezekwesili, Mrs Ibukun Awosika, Mr Femi Awoyemi.
Cover Of The Week
- Coronavirus - Libya: Lack of COVID-19 tests when boats return risks surge in cases, warns International Rescue Committee (IRC) July 10, 2020
- Coronavirus - Nigeria: Minister of Foreign Affairs receives new Country Representative, says, ‘Nigeria is behind WHO’ July 10, 2020
- Coronavirus - Uganda: Denmark contributes US$1 million to cash relief for refugees in Kampala July 10, 2020
- Coronavirus - Malawi: COVID-19 Daily Information Update (10th July 2020) July 10, 2020
- Coronavirus: African Union Member States reporting COVID-19 cases as of 10 July 2020, 5 pm EAT July 10, 2020
- Tribute: Prime Minister Amadou Gon Coulibaly (By Akinwumi A. Adesina, Président, African Development Bank) July 10, 2020
- Canon launches four new RF lenses – expanding the line-up’s capabilities to super-telephoto photography – plus two RF extenders July 10, 2020
- Meet the imagePROGRAF PRO-300 – a high-quality, professional A3+ photo printer with space-saving design July 10, 2020
- Coronavirus - South Sudan: UNMISS conducts door-to-door COVID-19 awareness campaign in Warrap State July 10, 2020
- Coronavirus - Eswatini : Prime Minister Ambrose Mandvulo Dlamini has announced first batch of Government COVID-19 payment for laid-off workers July 10, 2020
news4 months ago
Governor Dapo Abiodun : The Silent Hardworking Governor
Uncategorized3 weeks ago
STOP PRESS! AJIMOBI IS NOT DEAD SAYS SPOKESMAN, BOLAJI TUNJI
Politics2 months ago
Lagos Speaker,Rt. Hon. Mudashiru Obasa Clears The Air On Fraud Rumour
Education4 weeks ago
Methodist owned Wesley University owe staff up to 40 months Salaries