Former governor of Lagos State, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode, on Tuesday urged his supporters and the general public to remain calm and law-abiding as there was no cause for alarm.
Ambode, in a statement by his media aide, Mr. Habib Aruna, spoke on the backdrop of a search by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) on his Epe Country home and Parkview Ikoyi residence, where the anti-graft agency conducted the exercise without any incident.
He said the Commission, till date, has not opened any direct communication with him on any issue, adding that he was ready and willing to respond if or when they do so.
The statement reads: “This morning, operatives of Economic and Financial Crimes Commission visited the Epe Country home and Parkview Ikoyi residence of Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode, former Governor of Lagos State, with warrants to conduct a search. These searches were carried out extensively and at the end of the exercise the operatives left without any incident.
“The former Governor reiterates that the EFCC has till date not had any direct communication with him on any subject matter whatsoever and if or when it occurs he is ready and willing to respond.
“The former governor wishes to assure his supporters and the generality of Lagosians to continue to remain calm and law-abiding as there is no cause for alarm.”
The former governor reiterated his belief in the rule of law and due process and remains grateful for the opportunity to have served Lagos State diligently and conscientiously.
It would be recalled that Ambode, in an earlier response to allegations by the EFCC that it had frozen certain accounts linked to him, insisted that no account of his contained N9.9bn let alone being frozen by the Commission as those accounts were opened and operated by the Lagos State Government.
MEDIA AIDE TO FORMER GOVERNOR
MR. AKINWUNMI AMBODE
Veteran Actress, Salome Eketunde In Tears
Festus Keyamo Empowers 1,700 Deltan Youths, Women In Uvwie Kingdom
Association of local government Vice Chairmen in Nigeria honours Sanwoolu, Simon Bakau, Kemi Nelson, Jimi Benson, Aregbesola, Yari Abubakar, Bako Lalung, Folashade Tinubu-Ojo, others
Lagos State Task Force Assault and Teargas Journalist
Fly better on Emirates and discover dazzling Dubai
Cover Of The Week
- Highest ranking U.S. official on energy visits Southern Africa November 14, 2019
- On South Sudan’s failure to form a Unity Government by November 12 November 14, 2019
- Total builds on Brulpadda success to herald new era for South Africa November 14, 2019
- Diabetes is a Family Affair in Kenya November 13, 2019
- Commitment to a “Zero-Child Army” Trumps Differences During Juba Conference November 13, 2019
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Staff Concludes Visit to Mozambique November 13, 2019
- In Tombura, UNMISS Works With Faith Groups to Foster Peaceful Coexistence November 13, 2019
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Staff Concludes Visit to Lesotho November 13, 2019
- Southern Africa’s Top Entrepreneurs Announced in Johannesburg, South Africa November 13, 2019
- African Energy Chamber Takes Part in High-Level Debate on the Future of the Global Oil & Gas Industry at Abu Dhabi International Petroleum Exhibition & Conference (ADIPEC) November 13, 2019
Business6 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Politics5 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Interviews5 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin
Sports4 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today