,First Bank of Nigeria Limited, Nigeria’s premier and leading financial services provider, has announced the launch of the Verve Global Card. In partnership with Verve International (Interswitch Group) and Discover Financial Services, the launch took place at Times Square New York City on Monday, 12 August 2019.
In attendance at the event were FirstBank’s Deputy Managing Director, Gbenga Shobo; Group Executive, eBusiness & Retail Products, Chuma Ezirim; Head, Card & Messaging Business, Folasade Femi-Lawal and Interswitch Group’s Founder/GMD, Mitchell Elegbe and Divisional CEO, Verve, Mike Ogbalu. Discover Financial Services’ Senior Vice President, Payment Services, Joseph Hurley and Executive Vice President, Payment Services, Diane Offereins, amongst others were also in attendance.
The Verve Global Card, an introduction by Verve International to FirstBank, is a new entry to the array of card products offered by FirstBank to its customers. The FirstBank Verve Global Card is an enhancement to the existing Verve Debit card with exclusive capacity for domestic and cross border transactions across all channels. The card can be linked to Savings & Current accounts, with a “Safetoken” extra protection for web-based transactions.
Speaking on the launch, Deputy Managing Director, First Bank of Nigeria Limited, Gbenga Shobo said, “in partnership with Verve International, we are pleased to launch the Verve Global Card as it reinforces our commitment to putting our customers first with innovative and state of the art financial products and services that promote seamless transactions regardless of where they are across the globe.”
“I enjoin every FirstBank customer and the general public to visit the nearest FirstBank branch and request for the card to enjoy seamless cashless transactions” he concluded.
The first transaction of the Verve Global Card was carried-out by the Deputy Managing Director, FirstBank, Gbenga Shobo at Swarovski Shop located on Times Square.
Boroffice congratulates Bello, Lyon over hard-won victories
ABIODUN CONGRATULATES BELLO, LYON
Pastor Ize-Iyamu Mocks Edo PDP
The Last Dance of Akinlade/APM Legal Gambit: Time Will Tell
HOW TO STOP FUTURE OTA TOLL GATE DISASTERS – GOV ABIODUN
Cover Of The Week
- Stronger data and evidence crucial for Africa’s policymakers November 19, 2019
- Blue economy can be a site of economic production – ECA November 19, 2019
- A strong partnership for financial inclusion in Namibia: German development bank KfW and NamPost intensify their cooperation to support SMEs and households in rural areas November 19, 2019
- Messi Meets Patients from Save a Child’s Heart November 19, 2019
- 30 years of child rights: Historic gains and undeniable achievements, but little progress for the world’s poorest children - UNICEF November 19, 2019
- Ambassador of Kazakhstan presented credential letters to the President of Ethiopia November 19, 2019
- H.E. Mr. Andrii Pravednyk, Ambassador of Ukraine to the Republic of Kenya held a meeting with H.E. Ambassador Jonhson Weru, Director, Directorate of Economic Affairs and Commercial Diplomacy, MFA of the Republic of Kenya November 19, 2019
- Foreign Involvement in Libya Must be Stopped, Top Official Tells Security Council, Describing ‘Race Against Time’ to Reach Peaceful Solution, Spare Lives November 19, 2019
- Ethiopia and Norway held the 5th Political Consultation on today in Oslo November 18, 2019
- Côte d’Ivoire Elephants encounter Rwanda Silverbacks in Rugby Africa Cup 2020 elimination stage November 18, 2019
Business7 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Politics6 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Interviews5 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin
Sports4 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today