,First Bank of Nigeria Limited, Nigeria’s premier and leading financial services provider, has announced the launch of the Verve Global Card. In partnership with Verve International (Interswitch Group) and Discover Financial Services, the launch took place at Times Square New York City on Monday, 12 August 2019.
In attendance at the event were FirstBank’s Deputy Managing Director, Gbenga Shobo; Group Executive, eBusiness & Retail Products, Chuma Ezirim; Head, Card & Messaging Business, Folasade Femi-Lawal and Interswitch Group’s Founder/GMD, Mitchell Elegbe and Divisional CEO, Verve, Mike Ogbalu. Discover Financial Services’ Senior Vice President, Payment Services, Joseph Hurley and Executive Vice President, Payment Services, Diane Offereins, amongst others were also in attendance.
The Verve Global Card, an introduction by Verve International to FirstBank, is a new entry to the array of card products offered by FirstBank to its customers. The FirstBank Verve Global Card is an enhancement to the existing Verve Debit card with exclusive capacity for domestic and cross border transactions across all channels. The card can be linked to Savings & Current accounts, with a “Safetoken” extra protection for web-based transactions.
Speaking on the launch, Deputy Managing Director, First Bank of Nigeria Limited, Gbenga Shobo said, “in partnership with Verve International, we are pleased to launch the Verve Global Card as it reinforces our commitment to putting our customers first with innovative and state of the art financial products and services that promote seamless transactions regardless of where they are across the globe.”
“I enjoin every FirstBank customer and the general public to visit the nearest FirstBank branch and request for the card to enjoy seamless cashless transactions” he concluded.
The first transaction of the Verve Global Card was carried-out by the Deputy Managing Director, FirstBank, Gbenga Shobo at Swarovski Shop located on Times Square.
Cover Of The Week
- Coronavirus - Malawi: COVID-19 Daily Information Update (9th August 2020) August 10, 2020
- Coronavirus - Rwanda: COVID-19 update (9th August 2020) August 10, 2020
- Coronavirus - Africa Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (Africa CDC), African Risk Capacity (ARC) launch COVID-19 modelling tool for Africa August 10, 2020
- Coronavirus - Ethiopia: COVID-19 reported cases in Ethiopia (9th August 2020) August 10, 2020
- Coronavirus - South Africa: COVID-19 statistics in South Africa (9th August 2020) August 10, 2020
- Coronavirus - Gambia: Daily Case Update as of 9th August 2020 August 10, 2020
- Coronavirus - Nigeria: COVID-19 Case Update (9th August 2020) August 10, 2020
- Coronavirus - Sierra Leone: COVID-19 update (9th August 2020) August 10, 2020
- Coronavirus - Rwanda: Update COVID-19 (9 August 2020) August 10, 2020
- Coronavirus - South Africa: Happy Women’s Day 2020 August 9, 2020
news5 months ago
Governor Dapo Abiodun : The Silent Hardworking Governor
Uncategorized2 months ago
STOP PRESS! AJIMOBI IS NOT DEAD SAYS SPOKESMAN, BOLAJI TUNJI
Politics3 months ago
Lagos Speaker,Rt. Hon. Mudashiru Obasa Clears The Air On Fraud Rumour
Education2 months ago
Methodist owned Wesley University owe staff up to 40 months Salaries