Lagos State Governor, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode on Monday called on Muslims in Nigeria to embrace the values of sacrifice, love and continue to foster unity as they join their counterparts worldwide to celebrate this year’s Eid-el-Kabir festival.
In his Sallah message signed by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Habib Aruna, Governor Ambode said the period of the celebration was a clarion call for Nigerians to imbibe the lessons of the season such as selfless service to God and humanity, sacrifice and sincere commitment to righteous conducts in their private and public life.
He explained that the significance of the season should be beyond feasting, adding that as Muslims prepare to offer animal sacrifice in the prescribed days of the festival, the real essence should be to encourage piety, self-discipline and sacrifice.
Governor Ambode therefore called on all Nigerians to exhibit these values for the good of the country and shun any act capable of heating up the polity or causing distrust among various ethnic groups in the country.
“As we celebrate this auspicious occasion, let us renew our faith in our nation and implore the Almighty God to restore to us those values that place high premium on human life, love of neighbour and sharing even as we ventilate our faith in the unity of our dear country”, the Governor said.
“This period requires more patience, fortitude, tolerance, endurance, patriotism and a greater willingness to make personal sacrifices for the good of all,” he said.
The Governor also thanked Lagosians for supporting his administration, assuring that the Government would continue to do its best to serve the people and promote fairness and mutual tolerance among the populace, irrespective of their ethnic religion or political affiliation.
While wishing all Lagosians, especially adherents of the Islamic faith a happy Eid-el-Kabir celebration, Governor Ambode enjoined Nigerians in other parts of the country to continue to be their brothers’ keeper.
CHIEF PRESS SECRETARY
AUGUST 20, 2018
Cover Of The Week
- U.S. and Ghana partner to Build Capable and Resilient Security and Justice Sector Institutions January 23, 2020
- Intensifying cooperation on Libya – Maas visits Algiers and Tunis January 23, 2020
- Minister of Foreign Affairs meets with Minister of Foreign Affairs, African Cooperation, Moroccans residing abroad in Rabat January 23, 2020
- 2020 Sudan Humanitarian Response Plan (HRP) launched January 23, 2020
- Chinese Embassy in Tanzania Held a Round-table to Enhance Cooperation With Major Tanzanian Media January 23, 2020
- Winning community trust in Ebola control January 23, 2020
- SA sides gear up for action-packed Guinness PRO14 derby January 23, 2020
- United Arab Emirates (UAE) condemns Burkina Faso blast January 23, 2020
- Minister of Foreign Affairs and the Ambassador of Japan analyze the strengthening of Bilateral Cooperation between Angola and Japan January 23, 2020
- U.S. Government handover 16 Motorcycles to President’s Office – Regional Administrator and Local Government (PORALG) for improved Community HIV Services January 23, 2020
Sports6 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
news6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria